Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts GM Bill Polian elected to the NFL HOF Class of 2015.

MTC

Polian is a true Hall of Famer, congratulations to him. Seems like they are taking WRs in order now regardless of if one is better or not. Brown deserves to be in the Hall too and Marvin should go in next year, still should have been a first ballot guy last year but oh well. I think Dungy will make it one day too.

Polian is in the Bills Wall of Honor, elected in 2012. Now that he's in the HOF, it begs the question of whether Irsay will put him

In the Colts Ring of Honor, and if he was elected , would he even show up ?

Well since you had to bring it up if I remember correctly Irsay didn't let Bill go he let Chris go and Bill went with him so I don't think Bill had anything against Irsay personally just the way things panned out. :)

Well since you had to bring it up if I remember correctly Irsay didn't let Bill go he let Chris go and Bill went with him so I don't think Bill had anything against Irsay personally just the way things panned out. :)

It just seemed Bill has been a bit angry in some of his on air comments.

No interest in the Super Hyperbowl, and now this. What a very poor ending to the season.....

Yeah, built 5 teams that went to the Super Bowl, and started off he Panthers franchise. Nearly building the quickest team to make it to the Super Bowl. What a travesty a great GM made the HoF.

Congrats to Bill....   very, very much richly deserved.      Tremendous career.

And I would expect him to end up in the Colts Ring of Honor.....      perhaps as soon as this year (?)

Is there some time requirement as there is with the HoF?   (5 years)

I would assume their is no requirement seeing that two of the inductees are known to be Rams.

Yeah, built 5 teams that went to the Super Bowl, and started off he Panthers franchise. Nearly building the quickest team to make it to the Super Bowl. What a travesty a great GM made the HoF.

My like / dislike of sporting folk has got nothing to do with their skill levels. I do not care for the man, irrespective of how good, or lucky, or unlucky he was. Just like most folk don't like Belichick, and he's a lock first ballot Hofer.

You like BP, I don't. You hated Peyton getting cut, I thought it was the right move.

Opinions, eh.

Polian is in the Bills Wall of Honor, elected in 2012. Now that he's in the HOF, it begs the question of whether Irsay will put him

I sure hope not. But I guess he should be in the hall of fame for knowing how to build great losing SB teams. 1-5 and in my book and I'm glad this didn't happen, if we would of played a team with anyone but the Gross-man QB on it he would of been 0-6...

Why wouldn't he? He always speaks highly of Irsay when asked. These guys know that they will eventually get fired.

Well deserving, but surprised he got in first ballot. Bettis making it is lol....especially over players like Pace and Marvin.

As an executive, Polian is not competing with players to gain entry to the Hall.

Only with other execs and coaches.    When put that way,  it's not a surprise at all.

I tell ya who I think has earned his way in as far as running backs go...Fred Taylor, Played on some mediocre to bad Jags teams but still manageg a 4.6 ypc for his career and in only 2534 rush attempts(Could not stay healthy) ran for 11,695 yards, Rushed for 302 less carries then Marshall Faulk but only 584 less yards.

Of the 29 players in the history of the game who have rush for 10,000 or more yards he has the 4th highest average all time, Ahead of guys like Walter Payton, Erick Dickerson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett, Thurman Thomas, Marcus Allen. That was one bad man I remember hating to see the Colts have to stop twice a year

I tell ya who I think has earned his way in as far as running backs go...Fred Taylor, Played on some mediocre to bad Jags teams but still manageg a 4.6 ypc for his career and in only 2534 rush attempts(Could not stay healthy) ran for 11,695 yards, Rushed for 302 less carries then Marshall Faulk but only 584 less yards.

Of the 29 players in the history of the game who have rush for 10,000 or more yards he has the 4th highest average all time, Ahead of guys like Walter Payton, Erick Dickerson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett, Thurman Thomas, Marcus Allen. That was one bad man I remember hating to see the Colts have to stop twice a year

A good point very well made Gavin. The snobbish anti 'small team mentality' that floats around the NFL is disappointing at times.

True Gavin, Fred Taylor was a very good back on a less than stellar small market team that most Florida fans decide to not watch on local TV. 

Finally, Charles Haley was let into Canton with 5 SB rings. It's about darn time. Better late than never I suppose. 

This Pete Rose commercial & his inability to get into the baseball HOF/Cooperstown was hysterical to me. 

http://youtu.be/iMDS82bphJ0

I like Pete & would put him in there because PED use is more criminal to me than gambling issues Rose was known for. 

I have no idea why the video repeated the same advertisement twice in the clip. Sorry about that everyone. 

Finally, Charles Haley was let into Canton with 5 SB rings. It's about darn time. Better late than never I suppose.

This Pete Rose commercial & his inability to get into the baseball HOF/Cooperstown was hysterical to me.

http://youtu.be/iMDS82bphJ0

I like Pete & would put him in there because PED use is more criminal to me than gambling issues Rose was known for.

I have no idea why the video repeated the same advertisement twice in the clip. Sorry about that everyone.

If Ty Cobb is in, put Pete in, he's paid his penalty.

A huge well deserved congratulations to Polian. It is hard to find a more deserving person to go to the Hall of Fame. The Chris era thing aside, his body of work speaks for itself. And when I think of gm I think of him.

Even though he angered us at times, and I still disagree with some of his philosophies, I am extremely thankful for him bringing success, a lot of success, to Indianapolis.

I very much enjoy listening to him on satellite radio, and I would recommend it strongly to any football fan. It's a fun listen.

Marvin needs in next. He should have made it this time. I totally understand why Tim Brown got the nod, but next year it's Marvin's turn.

As an executive, Polian is not competing with players to gain entry to the Hall.

Only with other execs and coaches.    When put that way,  it's not a surprise at all.

I could be wrong, but in don't think it works that way...or it's not supposed to. If it's voted that way they should have a different voting process for coaches/execs.

I could be wrong, but in don't think it works that way...or it's not supposed to. If it's voted that way they should have a different voting process for coaches/execs.

They do have a different voting process... I believe it's the same people that vote but they vote 5 players and three (or maybe two) executives/coaches.  So, Polian did not get into the Hall instead of Harrison, Polian got into the hall instead of other exec/coaches that are eligible.

My understanding is that there are 5 spots for players in each class.

1 spot for a coach or executive.

and 1/2 spots for old timers.

I could easily be wrong,  bu that's my understanding.

They do have a different voting process... I believe it's the same people that vote but they vote 5 players and three (or maybe two) executives/coaches.  So, Polian did not get into the Hall instead of Harrison, Polian got into the hall instead of other exec/coaches that are eligible.

I didn't have a problem with Polian getting in, although I was surprised it was first ballot, but I do have a problem with Bettis.