Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG or RT?

Superman

Do we really know that for fact?  after a year and a half of Trent being shoved down our throats?   Brad did fine...   as did Boom..

Just saying.     Trent made a lot of lineman look BAD.

We do, He was a bad run blocker when healthy, Even was in Detroit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering his knee was the least of his worries this season ... 

I am optimistic..    Gos suffered through a plethora of "boo boo's" 

Relax...  he is the least of INDY's worries.

This is what I posted earlier in this thread: http://forums.colts.com/topic/35384-rg-or-rt/?p=1024719

JMO, I think his knee is going to get worse, not better, and I think it's unlikely that he'll ever finish a season again, much less play at a high level for an entire season. 

considering his knee was the least of his worries this season ... 

I am optimistic..    Gos suffered through a plethora of "boo boo's" 

Relax...  he is the least of INDY's worries.

I disagree. I think he's done, and I think it would be a mistake to rely on him for another season. Especially for $4m.

Gos was hurt all season...  and iNDY NEEDED HIM..   so he played, until it got the point he could not. 

The Staff dropped the ball on this deal.    Gos should have been sit way early in the season.     But..   nope. 

He was Indy's best lineman in 13 ...      he did not all of a sudden get old or forget how to play .   He will be fine..   that said,   move him to G.      and look for another T...   maybe a LT?  

I really like that idea.      If a LT is out there.??      which is a long shot.

If Cherilus was playing hurt the entire season, but was our best offensive lineman in 13' why would we move him to guard when he comes back healthy? Doesn't make any sense. We paid him to play tackle, not guard.

I threw that out there with the caveat that INDY UPGRADE the T position...    

IF not leave him at RT....      

If Cherilus was playing hurt the entire season, but was our best offensive lineman in 13' why would we move him to guard when he comes back healthy? Doesn't make any sense. We paid him to play tackle, not guard.

4m for an NFL starting T is pretty dang reasonable... 

Not for a bad one. Not for one who can't perform at a high level due to injuries, or one who probably won't be able to make it through an entire season.

That's all an assumption on my part, but even if I'm wrong, I think it's very possible to replace Cherilus with someone who doesn't have the injury concerns and who is a better run blocker for around $4m/year. 

As I said, I think it would be a mistake to rely on him for another year. 

fair enough..     we shall see...    

But he is not getting cut unless Indy signs a FA T/G, and drafts a couple very HIGH..   just won't happen.

Indy played him hurt all year because he was the BEST they had available.       He's not old, he is the least of my worries as stated before... 

Not for a bad one. Not for one who can't perform at a high level due to injuries, or one who probably won't be able to make it through an entire season.

That's all an assumption on my part, but even if I'm wrong, I think it's very possible to replace Cherilus with someone who doesn't have the injury concerns and who is a better run blocker for around $4m/year. 

As I said, I think it would be a mistake to rely on him for another year. 

Let's assume that we have our LT, LG and C positions established for 2015, with Castonzo, Mewhort and Holmes. And let's assume that we set out to upgrade either the RG or RT position via free agency, but only one or the other. Which position would you choose to address?

Also, let's say we're getting an average to above average player at one of those positions, on an affordable contract, and we expect him to be healthy. 

Which position upgrade would have the most impact on our offense? How would our reserve/competition look at the other position?

Just curious what others think.

RT position via free agency .