Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouting Profile: Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

I think it's just a Trent thing...   Cleveland game him nearly 70% of his rookie contract up front...

And the guy allegedly....   got fat?  Imagine that?   

He will go broke... get in shape and make a come back....   a few years down the road...   Would not surprise me one bit.

A player either wants it or not....   and THAT is the KEY question when drafting players very high...   It cannot be measured in any way until they guy starts HIS journey.

I don't know that answer,  but everyone missed on Trent.

Not just the Colts, and not just the Browns.

I don't recall any stories when Trent was taken 3rd overall saying the Browns were crazy for taking a RB that high.

He was thought to be a tremendous talent,  and if not worth the 3rd pick, certainly a top-10 pick.   

Everyone missed on him.    I don't know why?    I hope the truth comes out somewhere down the road and I'd love to know,  but everyone missed on him.    Hey,  it's the draft,  stuff happens.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch nearly EVERY IU game that is accessible.    Tevan runs between the tackles, off tackle, and oh ..  he is the goal line back.

Dustin is so far off base with this dude it is not funny.      A previous poster brought up the OL?  YES people TC did this at IU ... NOT Wisky or BAMA.      IU.....     and IU lost the only QB they had this season mid season, and a true freshman stepped in and could not throw a 10 yard out.     ...  YET TEVAN STILL BLASTED OPPONENTS.     even the mighty OSU.  to the tune of 228 and 3 scores...  but he can't run with vision?   sigh....

Dustin?   really?

I agree with NCF on the low receiving yards issue.  Kind of hard to get a whole lot of receptions when most of the offense is running the football.  It's like dissing a Georgia Tech receiver for not having a whole lot of receptions or receiving yardage.

Everyone knows Georgia Tech runs the heck out of the football for the majority of the game.

I get that...   but once again...   IU's OL vs the SEC WEST champion?  I mean come on people..  

This OL is average as average gets...  IU that is.    Tevan made IU relevant the last couple of years.    And IU rarely ran from under C.        Not a lot anyway.     Teams STACKED the line on IU whan Sudfeld went down and TC still clobbered most.   

Penn ST was the only team to shut him DOWN>

I saw a lot of outside breaking zone type runs, and some occasional inside running from the shotgun.

Some of the more inside type runs where the quarterback was under center(particulary against Missouri)

to  me he was getting stuffed quite a bit. But don't take that as me dissing him.

Like I said...   When Sudfeld got hurt... IU DID NOT THROW THE BALL...    they COULDN"T>  

And Tevan still got his...   He is a baller.

I agree with NCF on the low receiving yards issue.  Kind of hard to get a whole lot of receptions when most of the offense is running the football.  It's like dissing a Georgia Tech receiver for not having a whole lot of receptions or receiving yardage.

Everyone knows Georgia Tech runs the heck out of the football for the majority of the game.

I get that...   but once again...   IU's OL vs the SEC WEST champion?  I mean come on people..  

This OL is average as average gets...  IU that is.    Tevan made IU relevant the last couple of years.    And IU rarely ran from under C.        Not a lot anyway.     Teams STACKED the line on IU whan Sudfeld went down and TC still clobbered most.   

Penn ST was the only team to shut him DOWN>

I'm not really looking at the IU Oline vs Missouri, but I did say to myself "This is how tight it will be numerous times in the NFL".  The way Missouri was defending to me is more like what the NFL experience will be.  There's still a lot of good things you can get done with this back though if things are schemed properly.

Like I said...   When Sudfeld got hurt... IU DID NOT THROW THE BALL...    they COULDN"T>  

And Tevan still got his...   He is a baller.

What is impressive is he was going well over 100 plus yards against solid competition even

though they had no passing game and the box was stacked.

Don't rely on "reports" from folk who watch You Tube vids for their info....   Just saying..

Coleman will go fast in the draft.. as far a RB's go...   I want him or AA BAD....       And AA is a better fit for INDY.     and might actually be more realistic to draft in second or third.   Coleman just has not had the chances catching the ball that AA has..    And AA excels at it...     He is Brad version 2.0

dang I like Coleman tho...   he reminds me of Dickerson.   JMO

What is impressive is he was going well over 100 plus yards against solid competition even

though they had no passing game and the box was stacked.

Oh and I forgot to add....   Ohio ST just beat MICH, Wisky, BAMA, and Oregon to win the NCAA national title ... First playoff...   Go Bucks...      BUT look at what Tevan did to THAT team....  

Just saying...

Don't rely on "reports" from folk who watch You Tube vids for their info....   Just saying..

Coleman will go fast in the draft.. as far a RB's go...   I want him or AA BAD....       And AA is a better fit for INDY.     and might actually be more realistic to draft in second or third.   Coleman just has not had the chances catching the ball that AA has..    And AA excels at it...     He is Brad version 2.0

dang I like Coleman tho...   he reminds me of Dickerson.   JMO

Oh and I forgot to add....   Ohio ST just beat MICH, Wisky, BAMA, and Oregon to win the NCAA national title ... First playoff...   Go Bucks...      BUT look at what Tevan did to THAT team....  

Just saying...

What I will agree with is I kept saying Dickerson on each of those long runs and that stride he has.  I'm surprised you're the first one here that mentioned that.  I was thinking that as I watched the clips.

Great minds think alike...     I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.. 

Rock ON>>.     Go Colts...

What I will agree with is I kept saying Dickerson on each of those long runs and that stride he has.  I'm surprised you're the first one here that mentioned that.  I was thinking that as I watched the clips.

I think it's just a Trent thing...   Cleveland game him nearly 70% of his rookie contract up front...

And the guy allegedly....   got fat?  Imagine that?   

He will go broke... get in shape and make a come back....   a few years down the road...   Would not surprise me one bit.

A player either wants it or not....   and THAT is the KEY question when drafting players very high...   It cannot be measured in any way until they guy starts HIS journey.

Agreed.

I think he's very young and got handed a boat-load of money at an early age and didn't know how to handle the responsibility that goes along with it.

A real shame.    Two teams invested greatly in him,  and the payback was pennies on the dollar.  (if that...)

This is the major issue folks do NOT take into account when projecting mock drafts...  

"how will money change their life" ...   and it is HUGE...     

It is really important...      money changes EVERYTHING....

Agreed.

I think he's very young and got handed a boat-load of money at an early age and didn't know how to handle the responsibility that goes along with it.

A real shame.    Two teams invested greatly in him,  and the payback was pennies on the dollar.  (if that...)

Nothing to with IU fans... everything to do with wannabe Mel Kipers... 

haha, it's so hilarious when people get this butt-blasted on the internet. Especially considering how ironic this comment is. 

I didn't say he was going to be a bust. I mean, i compared the dude to Chris Johnson and Demarco Murray for cripes sakes. I said he was going to be a good workhorse back for whatever team he went too. Watching people get this butt-hurt that I didn't call the hometown boy the next coming of Adrian Peterson is hilarious. 

\