Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alvin Dupree -- OLB

With that speed around the edge I think he could be more than that with some coaching.

Thing is, his speed isn't really around the edge at this point. He doesn't bend the corner very often, he just runs past the QB. And he doesn't work back across the blocker to get pressure. As a pass rusher, he's very raw.

Thing is, his speed isn't really around the edge at this point. He doesn't bend the corner very often, he just runs past the QB. And he doesn't work back across the blocker to get pressure. As a pass rusher, he's very raw.

I agree he's raw, but I think he can be refined/coached to be more effective than he is.   I don't think they spent much time really helping him develop as a pass rusher.  They just let him get by on talent mostly. I have a gut feeling there's more you can get out of the guy with some coaching.

I agree he's raw, but I think he can be refined/coached to be more effective than he is.   I don't think they spent much time really helping him develop as a pass rusher.  They just let him get by on talent mostly. I have a gut feeling there's more you can get out of the guy with some coaching.

Yeah, obviously the athleticism is there. I just don't like the idea of drafting someone that high on the basis of potential and athleticism, and I don't like taking a guy that I didn't like based on what I watched after he had a good Combine. He's quick, fast, strong, and big. He just doesn't really play that way, at least not consistently. And I don't know that he'd be a Day 1 contributor, because his best position right away would be Sam in our front, and we have Walden and Werner (who I think should be moved to Sam full time anyways).