Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyler Lockette just took this cornerbacks soul.

A very good prospect, IMO. I've seen some highlights and he has the type of athleticism the Colts need at the ballhandling positions, RB or WR. The Colts haven't had a threatening YAC guy for years.

If his hands are sound, he's worth a low 2nd. Not saying I would take him there, I haven't looked at players for other positions, but the YAC need is a real one for the Colts and I'd be willing to overdraft the position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lr2RzdMv8#t=153

Go to the 1:15 mark and see him go up to snag a ball in between two defenders, take a hit, and still come down with the ball. If Moncrief played balls in the air like this, he'd be Larry Fitzgerald...

Go to the 2:55 mark and see him create a bunch of separation for a TD in the back of the end zone. Watch the replay and see that outside/in move, specifically the distance he covers with the last step, which is where he is able to lose the DB. He doesn't have great speed (not slow, but he's not a burner like Hilton), but his footwork makes him capable of losing defenders at every level of the field.

This guy is a technician, and I'm partial to technicians at WR. If he were bigger, he'd be a first rounder.