Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation Thread: What do you think happened at Deflategate? (Merge)

ColtsBlueFL

The only way the Patriots are lying is if someone in their team did do something and was ordered to do it by Bill or Tom.

Okay give me a logical explanation of how only the Patriots footballs, that were under their control, were the only ones to become under-inflated by more than 2 psi?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay give me a logical explanation of how only the Patriots footballs, that were under their control, were the only ones to become under-inflated by more than 2 psi?

I am not saying I have the answer to that or that the Pats did not do it but I am not the one that needs to prove it either. The NFL does. That has been my whole point and why ball tampering is insanely difficult to prove. This is what we were al saying from the get go when the news of the investigation came about. You have to prove it. The footballs don't prove who did it or who was ordered to do it.

My best guess is some equipment guy may talk for the fall for this and say he acted independently knowing that Brady likes the ball on the low end of the psi scale and with the bad weather he let some air out. But honestly, the way the Pats so defiantly said they didn't know on Thursday and Brady defended his ball boys, makes me believe the NFL will not find anything. Time will tell ...

I am not saying I have the answer to that or that the Pats did not do it but I am not the one that needs to prove it either. The NFL does. That has been my whole point and why ball tampering is insanely difficult to prove. This is what we were al saying from the get go when the news of the investigation came about. You have to prove it. The footballs don't prove who did it or who was ordered to do it.

My best guess is some equipment guy may talk for the fall for this and say he acted independently knowing that Brady likes the ball on the low end of the psi scale and with the bad weather he let some air out. But honestly, the way the Pats so defiantly said they didn't know on Thursday and Brady defended his ball boys, makes me believe the NFL will not find anything. Time will tell ...

Actually, the NFL does not have to prove it at all, this is not a court of law, it is a business.  All the NFL has to say is that the only way the footballs could have been deflated was by someone from the Patriots organization deflating them and since no one from that team is willing to tell the truth, the punishment will be......  Also, I highly doubt some random ball boy let the air out without permission.

because people like you don't trust any investigation the NFL carries out?

What are you talking about? I think the NFL is doing the right thing to hire the investigative team. This is very hard to prove. Bring in the best in the business to try to find forensics I guess and video footage of the Pats which in and of itself is ironic. :)

What are you talking about? I think the NFL is doing the right thing to hire the investigative team. This is very hard to prove. Bring in the best in the business to try to find forensics I guess and video footage of the Pats which in and of itself is ironic. :)

I'm not going to go back and find the post in the 70 some page thread, but you literally said you don't trust nfl investigations.

Actually, the NFL does not have to prove it at all, this is not a court of law, it is a business.  All the NFL has to say is that the only way the footballs could have been deflated was by someone from the Patriots organization deflating them and since no one from that team is willing to tell the truth, the punishment will be......  Also, I highly doubt some random ball boy let the air out without permission.

The can do that but then you set a dangerous precedent that suspicion is enough for conviction. This is a serious matter and they have to prove the Pats are culpable for the deflation.

The ball boy angle is total bogus I agree but a way out for them. I doubt that happens though as like I said Brady said his ball boys did a great job prepping the game balls.

I don't think anyone "expected"  BB or Brady to admit to anything during their Pressers.   

Some,   a LOT of people would have given their words at least some "credibility"  and respected them somewhat   IF  they had at least acknowledged wrongdoing... but that didn't happen, and was never going to happen.   That might have meant sitting out of the SB.

BB's skirting around the issue, was no different than taking the 5th.

The more Brady talked, the deeper he sank in quicksand.

Why do some have trouble understanding this?

I'm not going to go back and find the post in the 70 some page thread, but you literally said you don't trust nfl investigations.

Gotcha. I don't because they have found a way to screw them all up this year. Sorry if my confidence is low but I am hoping they get this one right. But hiring the independent investigative team is the way to go as you have to find the evidence if there is any.

I don't think anyone "expected"  BB or Brady to admit to anything during their Pressers.   

Some,   a LOT of people would have given their words at least some "credibility"  and respected them somewhat   IF  they had at least acknowledged wrongdoing... but that didn't happen, and was never going to happen.   That might have meant sitting out of the SB.

BB's skirting around the issue, was no different than taking the 5th.

The more Brady talked, the deeper he sank in quicksand.

Why do some have trouble understanding this?

Gramz, their press conferences were excellent. Bill came off as entirely believable and credible and as you say Brady pleaded the fifth. IF they are not lying then it was a brilliant stroke. If they are and are caught then this will be very, very ugly.

Gotcha. I don't because they have found a way to screw them all up this year. Sorry if my confidence is low but I am hoping they get this one right. But hiring the independent investigative team is the way to go as you have to find the evidence if there is any.

it at least gives the appearance of impartiality. But people will look to making it in to a conspiracy.

Gramz, their press conferences were excellent. Bill came off as entirely believable and credible and as you say Brady pleaded the fifth. IF they are not lying then it was a brilliant stroke. If they are and are caught then this will be very, very ugly.

They've already been caught. There is no reasonable doubt. They had means, opportunity, and motive. Since we don't need a confession, an eye witness, or a video tape of someone shooting another in order to send the shooter to the gas chamber, the NFL has enough evidence to convict already.

The NFL is simply not going to distract things away from the SB, and are also investigating how long it has been going on. Its not just an investigation into one half of one game.

They've already been caught. There is no reasonable doubt. Since we don't need a confession, an eye witness, or a video tape of someone shooting another in order to send the shooter to the gas chamber, the NFL has enough evidence to convict already.

The NFL is simply not going to distract things away from the SB, and are also investigating how long it has been going on. Its not just an investigation into one half of one game.

Did you read the NFL statement? They are investigating how the footballs got deflated.

The can do that but then you set a dangerous precedent that suspicion is enough for conviction. This is a serious matter and they have to prove the Pats are culpable for the deflation.

The ball boy angle is total bogus I agree but a way out for them. I doubt that happens though as like I said Brady said his ball boys did a great job prepping the game balls.

Well unless there is another logical explanation for the deflation, which has not been put forth so far, I believe that it is far more than just suspicion at this point.

To satisfy people like you who will ignore the facts simply because it is their favorite team. A mother never thinks her son is the one who committed rape.

I have said repeatedly that IF they can prove this than the Pats should have the book thrown at them. The key is being able to prove it.

Most football fans believe Brady was lying at the presser (no pun intended ;)), especially after he was reminded that a few years ago he said he liked deflated footballs. He was not prepared for that question from the media and struggled to find how to respond.

I have said repeatedly that IF they can prove this than the Pats should have the book thrown at them. The key is being able to prove it.

Motive, means, and opportunity. By procedure, nobody had access to the footballs after inspection other than the patriots. At this point, they would need evidence or a confession from somebody not associated with the Patriots in order to cast reasonable doubt that the patriots are not responsible for the deflated footballs.

Everybody is twisting this into whether or not footballs were deflated. The rule doesn't speak to not deflating football's, it simply says that each team has control of their footballs and must play with a ball that is of a certain psi. NE played with football's that are lower than standard. They broke the rule.

Most football fans believe Brady was lying at the presser (no pun intended ;)), especially after he was reminded that a few years ago he said he liked deflated footballs. He was not prepared for that question from the media and struggled to find how to respond.

ouch

I have been thinking about this and I think the NFL squashes it on media day. I think they tell the media that the investigation is still going on and players and coaches of both teams have been instructed not to answer any questions. That is what the Pats did with the Aaron Hernandez case and all questions ceased during the 2013 season.

yeah, good luck with that

what proof did they have against Mickeu Loomis? He was still suspended 6 games

If you're going to "quote" me,  can you at Least get it right...???

I never said Brady pled the 5th,  I said  BB might as well have.

Oh lord, Brady did FAR from plead the 5th,  he talked for 30 minutes, which was about 29 minutes longer than he should have.

Unless they are going to interview the equipment manager they will get the same responses I didnt know anything about it until Monday morning.I am sure they have been instructed as to what to say and unless I am just blind they are not going to fess up,

Question why has no media questioned the equipment manager?

have you ever seen the amount of reporters on media day?

Most of the media is national and tabloid media that know zero about football. In 2007 one female reporter came dressed in a wedding dress and asked Brady to marry her. They will not be grilled whatsoever on deflategate from this crowd and all responses will be I have no comment there is an investigation going on and then we will be on to asking Brady what hair and skin products Gisele uses ...

There are 3 explanations I can think of that match the information we know.

1. As you stated, the pats deflated them secretly.

2. The balls were sent to the refs underinflated, and the refs did not do their job. 

3. The balls were filled to regulation with hot air. The bladder would act as an insulator for a small amount of time, allowing it to pass inspection. When brought outside into the colder air, they lost pressure more dramatically the balls inflated at a lower temperature, ie, room temperature.

All of these scenarios meet your condition of logical explanations.

2. The balls were sent to the refs underinflated, and the refs did not do their job. 

3. The balls were filled to regulation with hot air. The bladder would act as an insulator for a small amount of time, allowing it to pass inspection. When brought outside into the colder air, they lost pressure more dramatically the balls inflated at a lower temperature, ie, room temperature.

and all 3 meet the criteria of being deceptive.

IMG_3787-1.png

Why havent they talked to the equipment managers(Come on It is begining to look like the media is in on a cover up) That should be high on the list of people to talk to yet no one has reported any word from the equipment managers.

Most of the media is national and tabloid media that know zero about football. In 2007 one female reporter came dressed in a wedding dress and asked Brady to marry her. They will not be grilled whatsoever on deflategate from this crowd and all responses will be I have no comment there is an investigation going on and then we will be on to asking Brady what hair and skin products Gisele uses ...

Yeah, it doesn't matter how much they know about football. It is worldwide news at this point. Whether they answer the questions or not doesn't matter. They questions will be asked over and over and over

Why havent they talked to the equipment managers(Come on It is begining to look like the media is in on a cover up) That should be high on the list of people to talk to yet no one has reported any word from the equipment managers.

the patriots have to make him available to the media. They haven't done that.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how much they know about football. It is worldwide news at this point. Whether they answer the questions or not doesn't matter. They questions will be asked over and over and over

They are used to that and it is after all the Super Bowl. Hawks will be asked to. We will see how they handle the entire SB being about the Pats. They did not have to deal with that last year with the ho hum Fox led Broncos who did not even prepare for the crowd noise. This year they have to deal with the best HC and QB in the post-season on top of the controversy drama. The Pats are in their element being under scrutiny for the last 15 years and their historic run and sixth SB, Hawks not so much. I think Sherman explodes from not getting enough attention. I have never looked so forward to media day and the pressers in my life. This is going to be the best week of TV ever leading up to the bowl AND a great game too.