Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is First Pick in Pro Bowl Draft

ColtsBTM12

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461854/article/andrew-luck-is-first-overall-pick-in-pro-bowl-draft

Luck is the first pick of the Pro Bowl draft for the second straight year going to Team Carter. T.Y. Hilton and Pat McAfee also went to Team Carter. Vontae Davis and Vinatieri went to Team irvin. Mike Adams and D'Qwell Jackson haven't been selected yet. 

So not into the Pro Bowl under this fantasy draft style format. 

I'm with you.  To me, it's very gimmicky.  They're trying too hard to be creative.  The Pro Bowl consists of some of the best players in the league.  Even if you're picking last, you're still going to be getting one of the league's best players.  I don't see the point of a draft

I'm with you.  To me, it's very gimmicky.  They're trying too hard to be creative.  The Pro Bowl consists of some of the best players in the league.  Even if you're picking last, you're still going to be getting one of the league's best players.  I don't see the point of a draft

Personally I consider there to be quite a difference between Andy Dalton and Andrew Luck. And between Vontae Davis and Sam Shields. Sure they are *close* in regards to comparison to the general corner, but there is still a difference. Plus there has to be some way to separate them with the removal of designation of NFC/AFC, where players are able to get in based on their ranking among peers (supposedly) without being kicked out because there are great players at that position in the NFC while there is no great ones in the AFC. 

Personally I consider there to be quite a difference between Andy Dalton and Andrew Luck. And between Vontae Davis and Sam Shields. Sure they are *close* in regards to comparison to the general corner, but there is still a difference. Plus there has to be some way to separate them with the removal of designation of NFC/AFC, where players are able to get in based on their ranking among peers (supposedly) without being kicked out because there are great players at that position in the NFC while there is no great ones in the AFC. 

I think the Pro Bowl itself is a dud.  I didn't watch the game last year, but people said it was really good.  I think the league could do so much with it in terms of fan interaction, but it's just like any other game and the winning team gets something like $50K per player.  Why not donate that money to charity instead?

I swear....If any of my Colts are injured seriously during this pretentious charade, I'm gonna puke. Why are we still playing this game? I guarantee it will happen soon enough, a star player will suffer a terrible injury in the PB and this game will be done away with. Too bad we have to wait for the damage to be done. 

I swear....If any of my Colts are injured seriously during this pretentious charade, I'm gonna puke. Why are we still playing this game? I guarantee it will happen soon enough, a star player will suffer a terrible injury in the PB and this game will be done away with. Too bad we have to wait for the damage to be done.

has a major injury ever happened in the pro bowl? honest question, I've never heard of it

has a major injury ever happened in the pro bowl? honest question, I've never heard of it

It seems like I've heard of injury before, but nothing serious that I can exactly recall. To me, it goes further than to just say the potential is there. IMO, a serious injury is inevitable and that will be the end of this game. It is especially perilous for guy in a contract year. I wouldn't play the game if I were them, ever. 

Drew Brees dislocated his elbow, cost him a new contract at chargers and dolphins wanted multiple tests on him. Choose the saints and the rest is history lol definition of pain and gain I'd say!

Drew Brees dislocated his elbow, cost him a new contract at chargers and dolphins wanted multiple tests on him. Choose the saints and the rest is history lol definition of pain and gain I'd say!

Right guy, wrong year.  That was when he dislocated his shoulder Week 17 in like 2004 or something.

The only one I can recall is a player suffered a knee injury but not in the pro bowl game itself. He got the knee injury playing flag football on the beach. I cant recall his name but I think he was a running back. It's been a lot of years ago. Maybe someone can remember?

Somehow I'm not excited on pro-bowl.

I might be because it sucks and is nothing more than a corporate vehicle these days. 

It used to be a tradition of mine to close out the year by watching the PB, the last chance to see football until the end of summer. But then....they moved it to before the SB and truly spoiled it, contrats got out of hand and players don't' want to risk injury. Now it's been taken well into the realm of comedy with this absurd format they use now. 

The only one I can recall is a player suffered a knee injury but not in the pro bowl game itself. He got the knee injury playing flag football on the beach. I cant recall his name but I think he was a running back. It's been a lot of years ago. Maybe someone can remember?

Robert Edwards from New England. It was the rookie flag football game. He almost had to have I amputated.

Robert Edwards from New England. It was the rookie flag football game. He almost had to have I amputated.

Bingo. I knew someone would remember. I know some don't like the Pro Bowl game but I happen to like it. It is the only game all year played just for fun. What other game would we have seen Jeff Saturday switch to the other team just to snap Manning the ball? Classic.

They "practiced" today at Luke AFB....more of a glorified autograph session, still cool for those military folks. I read the game is sold out, which is surprising. The last few in Hawaii have been a little over half full. Maybe SB ticket holders get a discount, or military and underprivileged kids are getting in free. Who knows. I would like to see the skills competition come back. Watching Manning in the QB competition was fun....or the year Bob Sanders was 2nd in the fastest man race.