Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pending Physical, Peyton will return to Broncos

Gramz

I figured he would be back. My guess is this is his final year though. With his declining health, especially late in the season, he is about finished. With his competitive nature I understand why he is giving it another go. I know he has always said that he is not concerned with records. But with less than 2200 yards to get the all time passing record I am sure it was a consideration at some point. Good Luck 18 and best wishes (except against the Colts). We will be waiting with open arms to welcome you hoe when you hang up the Sheriff's hat. 

this will work well, believe me.

I am curious to see the new DC for Denver

For the sake of AFC competition I hope it doesn't, but you could be right, it might be a good fit. I just think things could go in several different directions as far as playcalling/in-game decisions when it comes to these two guys working together. I'm curious as to who their new DC will be as well, maybe Kubiak will bring Wade Phillips in for an interview?

For the sake of AFC competition I hope it doesn't, but you could be right, it might be a good fit. I just think things could go in several different directions as far as playcalling/in-game decisions when it comes to these two guys working together. I'm curious as to who their new DC will be as well, maybe Kubiak will bring Wade Phillips in for an interview?

The old Texans crew getting back together in Denver.

Good for Peyton. Will be fun to see him perform in Kubiak's offense.

It will be ....Kubiak apparently spoke to him and they have a lot of mutual respect...

I think they can design a hybrid of what Peyton does and what Gary K does..

You know I've always thought that he signed for 5 years and he'll play the 5 years..

This news tell ,me his injury..is not overly serious and is healing..

I'd have been very disappointed had he quit since 8 weeks ago, he said he was coming back...if the team would have him.

You've got a quarterback playing for a quarterback with a quarterback as GM..no way it doesn't work

Manning and Kubiak? In Denver? Well this should make for good T.V.

I didn't know Kubiak grew up in Houston...almost 25 years in Denver but a Houston native.

..and Kubiak's son is an intern for the Broncos

I think manning was just discouraged because he couldn't get it gong in that playoff game

I didn't know Kubiak grew up in Houston...almost 25 years in Denver but a Houston native.

..and Kubiak's son is an intern for the Broncos

I think manning was just discouraged because he couldn't get it gong in that playoff game

Yep, a Houston native, even had a son or two who played football at Rice while he was still living here. Didn't know his son was an intern for the Broncos, but like FX said, I guess he's going to be bringing a lot of familiar faces with him to Denver.

Well there were reports he wanted to play in Houston in 2012.

Yeah, I've even heard that Manning actually had us as his number one option, but....McNair said he didn't want him here. He wasn't of the belief that Manning could come back from his surgery and play at a high level, so it may be our owner's fault that Manning/Kubiak didn't happen sooner.

how is that irony?

Manning picked on Kubiak's team for years, and of course a lot of his fans loved to dump on Kubiak and the Texans, saying how terrible they were and how Manning would own them forever. Now those same fans are going to be rooting for Kubiak and his scheme, now that Manning is playing in it. I just find it amusing.

Now my biggest worry is that Kubiak receives when winning the coin toss. The Broncos pretty much deferred with John Fox as the HC. Does Peyton get to override Kubiak on the coin toss and keep deferring?

I hope not. He isn't the head coach.

Yeah, I've even heard that Manning actually had us as his number one option, but....McNair said he didn't want him here. He wasn't of the belief that Manning could come back from his surgery and play at a high level, so it may be our owner's fault that Manning/Kubiak didn't happen sooner.

and at that time Matt Schaub was a Pro Bowl choice, right?

Did anybody else notice Manning cringe and basically force the words "Imma big fan of his" out of his mouth after he broke Favre's record? I was a little heartbroken, but I should have known that The Sheriff and The Ole Gunslinger couldn't be friends.

Manning sent him a hand written letter when favre retired

Did anybody else notice Manning cringe and basically force the words "Imma big fan of his" out of his mouth after he broke Favre's record? I was a little heartbroken, but I should have known that The Sheriff and The Ole Gunslinger couldn't be friends.

I wouldn't think they even know each other

I was first referring to Peyton's postgame interview on the sidelines after the record breaking game.

They should know each other pretty well. They both played in the league together for several years and Archie was Favre's favorite growing up.

Oh okay. I remember they asked Favre if he was going to watch and he responded "I don't watch football."