Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Pagano: Some advice if you want to hold the Lombardi

lollygagger8

You guys are mixing up nice too much

Nice off the field is true. Carroll isn't nice on the field. You mess up, he gets in your face. Keeps you motivated, and gets you fired up. Guys like Harbaugh & Tomlin after losses say what's real. Guys like Pagano give that same tired speech "We have a good team, we just need to play better"

Tomlin says things like "We stunk it up today. Played terrible."

There's a difference

Again, what they say to the press has nothing to do with what they say to the team. Saying Pags isn't a good motivator is flat out wrong. There was even an article posted on here not too long ago about how the players would "run through a wall for him"

I get criticizing a coach for personnel decisions or maybe "not preparing a team" or even something like not being aggressive enough on the game plan. A coach isnt bad because he doesn't say what you want to hear.

That was a silly juvenile post likely written by a teenager with way too much time on his hands.

Another embarrassing thread.......

Can't wait for us to be able to move past this.....

I'm sorry here no one seems to know we reached the AFC Championship game.

We've been in the playoffs all three years under Grigson and advanced further each year...    anyone expecting more is simply uninformed and uneducated and......

Spoiled.....

I don't believe the majority of Colts fans are acting spoiled, nor do I believe that article was written by a teenager or spoiled fan. There's many legitimate points in that article. 

I agree with you that we've advanced further every year, which is great. But I think we all expected to give the Pats more of a fight than just putting up 7 points, and getting annihilated.......again.....by the same team that does it every time we play them.  

The last time we were really good the following occurred:

Edge was our main RB

Tariq Glenn was our stud LT

Jeff Saturday was our C

we ran the stretch play offense that gave Manning lots of time

Bob Sanders was lighting opponents up

Sacks from Freeney and Mathis

Wanna go to the Super Bowl again, get nasty and learn from the past!

The last time we were really good the following occurred:

Edge was our main RB

Tariq Glenn was our stud LT

Jeff Saturday was our C

we ran the stretch play offense that gave Manning lots of time

Bob Sanders was lighting opponents up

Sacks from Freeney and Mathis

Wanna go to the Super Bowl again, get nasty and learn from the past!

I really miss the stretch play, it was a thing of beauty when ran with edge and marv and tariq....those were good days 

The last time we were really dominant the following occurred:

Edge was our main RB

We ran the stretch play offense; lots of play action

Tariq Glenn was our LT

Jeff Saturday was our C

Freeney and Mathis were sack machines

Sanders was lighting up opponents

The formula above worked well. Consider this

There's a difference between being a nice guy, but being cutthroat professionally. Pete Crroll is not starting Reggie Wayne because he likes him personally. Nor is he starting Trent Richardson because the gm screwed up. Even at USC, Pete showed no loyalty to recruits. The best players played. If you wanted to transer, good riddance.

I just think Pagano is a bad Head coach. He seems to be more of Grigson's lapdog than an independent thinker. His game plans suck, and his handling of personnel is horrible as well. If I was Andrew Luck's agent, I would want changes before my client signed a long term deal.

Isn't the truth of the Colts vs. the Patriots, the Colts simply cannot match the Pats in game plans, talent and ferocity no matter what coach, what players, what location. This is now over a "decade of disgrace". The Colts whoever is on the roster simply are overwhelmed every year by a greater organization that makes superstars out of nobodys, Brady screams and swears and rants and raves while Luck compliments the opposing defense after the sack him. What a joke and it is on us, has been on us and apparently is going to remain on us.

Isn't the truth of the Colts vs. the Patriots, the Colts simply cannot match the Pats in game plans, talent and ferocity no matter what coach, what players, what location. This is now over a "decade of disgrace". The Colts whoever is on the roster simply are overwhelmed every year by a greater organization that makes superstars out of nobodys, Brady screams and swears and rants and raves while Luck compliments the opposing defense after the sack him. What a joke and it is on us, has been on us and apparently is going to remain on us.

I don't buy the talent thing. If both teams switched coachinf staffs, I believe tge Colts are in the SB.

I don't buy the talent thing. If both teams switched coachinf staffs, I believe tge Colts are in the SB.

Blount ran for 150 yards, we haven't had a back do that in years. It's an organization problem with playing soft and not having the toughness to get back uk after being punched in the mouth, it's not the coaches, though they play a roll in us getting beatdown, we just don't have the horses to compete with New England in a smash mouth game.

You guys are mixing up nice too much

Nice off the field is true. Carroll isn't nice on the field. You mess up, he gets in your face. Keeps you motivated, and gets you fired up. Guys like Harbaugh & Tomlin after losses say what's real. Guys like Pagano give that same tired speech "We have a good team, we just need to play better"

Tomlin says things like "We stunk it up today. Played terrible."

There's a difference

and only a  few select people actually care what the coaches say in front of the media.  What's far more important is what's said directly to the team.  We rarely get glimpses of that. 

By the way, so where does a guy like Belichick fit in with his "we're moving on to Cincinnati" rinse and repeat type of press conferences? 

Isn't the truth of the Colts vs. the Patriots, the Colts simply cannot match the Pats in game plans, talent and ferocity no matter what coach, what players, what location. This is now over a "decade of disgrace". The Colts whoever is on the roster simply are overwhelmed every year by a greater organization that makes superstars out of nobodys, Brady screams and swears and rants and raves while Luck compliments the opposing defense after the sack him. What a joke and it is on us, has been on us and apparently is going to remain on us.

Who are all these nobodies that the patriots turn into stars?

I disagree with in the article in some areas but others maybe not so much

1.Laron Landry is who he is at this point, His coverage is not going to get any better and I really think its better to have him free lancing rather then telling him to be back in coverage keeping him in one particular spot.....Its the lesser of two evils. I'd rather him miss a tackle at the LOS rather then 15 yards down field with no one behind him

2.Reggie is not out on the field for "ceremonial playing time"...He is out there because I believe the coaches thought that having him out there opposed to someone else would attract the attention and cause NE to possibly pay a bit more attention him.......I don't see why that would be the case given its easy to see he really should not have been out there because he clearly was not healthy but I'd be willing to bet that was the thought behind playing him...Perhaps it really was Pagano thinking Reggie will fight through it and that was better to have him out there at less then 100 percent with basically one arm to catch

I do agree with 4 and 5 in a way, I don't think our offense consistently evolved  in the run game and when it did evolve we quit doing the things that worked,,...gap blocking for example, using Doyle in the run game so much...Using our TE's to get up on the Linebackers, I also believe attention to details is lacking, I get the feeling often through the Colts practice week its the same thing almost every week, Come in  Monday get some weightlifting in, checkout any injuries and bumps and bruises, Get some goal line work in on one day (Friday for some teams), Watch game film on another day (Monday). I really wonder if the finer details are being paid attention to......stripping balls free, The blocking fundamentals, It seems that the Colts game plan weekly and go through a weekly routine but neglect the finest of details and don't think outside the box enough

I obviously could be way off and all the above could be worked on but it don't show much in games honestly though I know the team as a whole is young. Just my thoughts