Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's All Take a Breath

indyagent17

This season was a huge success!

I know we all felt the THUD last night as the Colts were beaten soundly but the Brady window is closing and ours is just beginning.

The Pats have won all of those playoff games but haven't won a title in over 10 years so let their fans wallow in victory today but everything changes. 

We have years to look forward to and another year of experience for the younger players. 

We have a draft and free agency to get excited about 

We won 13 games this season and only 60 minutes from the Super Bowl

Our day is coming and I feel when it does it will be glorious.

This season was a huge success!

I know we all felt the THUD last night as the Colts were beaten soundly but the Brady window is closing and ours is just beginning.

The Pats have won all of those playoff games but haven't won a title in over 10 years so let their fans wallow in victory today but everything changes. 

We have years to look forward to and another year of experience for the younger players. 

We have a draft and free agency to get excited about 

We won 13 games this season and only 60 minutes from the Super Bowl

Our day is coming and I feel when it does it will be glorious.

The thing is that we won 11 regular season games and 2PO games still we weren't in the same class with big teams. However we have about 2 more years to grow up, I'd like to see clear improvement in at least 1 are next season and some competitiveness.

The thing is that we won 11 regular season games and 2PO games still we weren't in the same class with big teams. However we have about 2 more years to grow up, I'd like to see clear improvement in at least 1 are next season and some competitiveness.

What are the "big" teams?

We were a top 3 team in the AFC, easily.

New England is really in a class of its own this year.

The NFL is all about match-ups.  The Colts match up much better with Baltimore.  If we would have played Baltimore at home in the AFC title game, we would likely be talking Super Bowl today.

NE is a nightmare match up for us. 

In the three years that Luck has been with the Colts they have gotten one step closer to the super bowl each time. so we cannot complain about that. Colts need to improve the OL and DL to improve next season. we need a strong consistent group that can open holes for our running backs so we have a better run game. DL line last night couldn't tie up NE  OL so it would free up our LB to stop the run. Phil Simms brought a point that we didn't put our receivers in motion to free them up to get separation. Our WR were standing still allowing Revis and company to jam them all night while NE moved their WR around creating confusion with our DB's. But that all said I am proud to be a Colts fan as this year every expert said the Colts were in a weak division. But it never amazes me that they won't mention that NE played for a long time now in the AFC east has been so weak and just starting to improve. That whole division since the Colts left it has been weak and NE has benefited from that. Don't get me wrong and i hate to say it but NE has a good team. I just don't get how the Colts get disrespected for playing their division schedule that yes was a bit weak this year but for a long time NE had 6 easy wins on their schedule. Hopefully the Colts can improve their players for next year and we get to the Super Bowl but anytime your team makes the playoffs it is a good year anything after that is icing on the cake as it is hard to get into the playoffs in the first place.

The NFL is all about match-ups.  The Colts match up much better with Baltimore.  If we would have played Baltimore at home in the AFC title game, we would likely be talking Super Bowl today.

Have to agree with you on that.

I consider NO, Dallas, B'more, NE, GB, Steelers and Seattle as big based on this season. With few exceptions same teams will be 'big', elite teams next season.

I consider NO, Dallas, B'more, NE, GB, Steelers and Seattle as big based on this season. With few exceptions same teams will be 'big', elite teams next season.

New Orleans wasn't even a playoff team this year though.

Steelers were eliminated by a team we stomped in the regular season (Baltimore).  We were also without Davis for the overwhelming majority of the Pittsburgh game. 

The Colts didn't take the Dallas game seriously.  And the Colts advanced further than Dallas this year in the playoffs (obviously).

As far as Seattle goes, I'm not sure what to make of them.  They've been a roller coaster ride this year.  All I know is that the Colts beat them last year. 

New England, on the other hand, they have looked dominant the last 7-8 games. 

I stand by what I said in that this is a match-up-driven league. 

New England has better talent depth across the roster. 

Another thing that people forget to mention is that New England's players, while talented, are also a perfect fit for the schemes the team employs.

The Colts, on the other hand, have players that fit like square pegs in round holes (Werner is not a 3-4 linebacker; he's just not). 

Furthermore, Freeman is not a 3-4 linebacker.  The list goes on and when you have a list of players that don't fit the schemes you are trying to run, you will get exposed by teams like the Patriots.

I don't think I can take another 3+ years of Belichick and Brady whooping our butts. It's getting old, fast.

If it takes us three more years to conquer NE, Grigson and Pagano will be looking for jobs.  In three years Brady might be gone, so maybe we can beat them by default????

Steelers were eliminated by a team we stomped in the regular season (Baltimore).  We were also without Davis for the overwhelming majority of the Pittsburgh game. 

The Colts didn't take the Dallas game seriously.  And the Colts advanced further than Dallas this year in the playoffs (obviously).

As far as Seattle goes, I'm not sure what to make of them.  They've been a roller coaster ride this year.  All I know is that the Colts beat them last year. 

Another thing that people forget to mention is that New England's players, while talented, are also a perfect fit for the schemes the team employs.

The Colts, on the other hand, have players that fit like square pegs in round holes (Werner is not a 3-4 linebacker; he's just not). 

Furthermore, Freeman is not a 3-4 linebacker.  The list goes on and when you have a list of players that don't fit the schemes you are trying to run, you will get exposed by teams like the Patriots.

Referring to the bold sentence:

I know Colts didn't take that game seriously, and they were saving themselves to playoffs, still a (to be) contending team can't afford that, that is an indication of a weak roster. 

Yes, NE has better overall talent on their roster, still we have to beat them (or be at least competitive) to take the next step, we can't hope avoiding them each season. So far Colts are beyond average teams, but are far below contending teams. We still have lots of 'empty' positions on our roster. Since we can't address all needs in 1 offseason  I'd like to see an improved D next season, with real run-stopping ability. 

We went far in past 3 seasons, perhaps further than any would think, and definitely further than sport's talking heads thought, still we have to go even further.

I'm going to have to side with HCF on this. There's NO WAY our team didn't take the Cowboys seriously, whatever you mean by that remark. 

New Orleans....we don't match up well at all with them. If we had played them, I bet they whoop our butts. I agree with you 100% that this is a matchup driven league, which is why I'm confused about you disagreeing with HCF's list of teams. 

We don't match-up well AT ALL with any of those teams, save for Baltimore. I would exclude them from his list. If we played them in inclimate weather however, that dynamic would be heavily subject to change. 

Steelers only lost to Baltimore cuz leveon bell was out,the best rd in football.

Steelers were eliminated by a team we stomped in the regular season (Baltimore). We were also without Davis for the overwhelming majority of the Pittsburgh game.

The Colts didn't take the Dallas game seriously. And the Colts advanced further than Dallas this year in the playoffs (obviously).

As far as Seattle goes, I'm not sure what to make of them. They've been a roller coaster ride this year. All I know is that the Colts beat them last year.

Furthermore, Freeman is not a 3-4 linebacker. The list goes on and when you have a list of players that don't fit the schemes you are trying to run, you will get exposed by teams like the Patriots.

I'm going to have to side with HCF on this. There's NO WAY our team didn't take the Cowboys seriously, whatever you mean by that remark. 

New Orleans....we don't match up well at all with them. If we had played them, I bet they whoop our butts. I agree with you 100% that this is a matchup driven league, which is why I'm confused about you disagreeing with HCF's list of teams. 

We don't match-up well AT ALL with any of those teams, save for Baltimore. I would exclude them from his list. If we played them in inclimate weather however, that dynamic would be heavily subject to change. 

In my opinion, you're not taking a game seriously when your punter is throwing more passes on your first drive than your QB, your backup QB plays more snaps than your starter, and you have already clinched your division.

We treated the Dallas game like a pre-season game, if that phrasing is more agreeable?

Well, we really missed the boat when we let Jim Gaffigan go back in training camp. The team was never the same once it lost its spiritual captain.  First thing we need to do is sign Jim to a five year contract.

Could be worse I suppose,  I could have the Bengals as my favorite team....(I'm slowly letting go of the anger...see!)