Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams want to interview Chud for OC

CanuckColt

I wish Irsay would consider Chud for the Colts HC job.

I am not looking forward to watching the Colts next year with the Pags/Pep show again...yuck!

Actually Chud might have been the HC backup plan in case Chuck got sick again.

Anyway Chud > Chuck.

Chud > Chuck?  Really?  You're basing that on what exactly? His 1 year as HC where his team went 4-12?  Yeah he's clearly head and shoulders above Pagano.

:slaphead: :loco::facepalm:

Funny how they skipped the actual OC in Pep and went for the special assistant. 

They are interviewing for an OC job and they know Pep isn't going to want to leave being an OC in Indianapolis with Andrew Luck at QB to go be an OC for the Rams with a mediocre QB made of glass.

Why make a lateral move for a team with worse offensive players?

Funny how they skipped the actual OC in Pep and went for the special assistant. 

They can't interview Pep for a lateral move without permission from the team, and there's no reason Pep would want to leave Andrew Luck for whatever weak passer the Rams come up with.

They can't interview Pep for a lateral move without permission from the team, and there's no reason Pep would want to leave Andrew Luck for whatever weak passer the Rams come up with.

I'm aware, but that's what's funny to me. They didn't ask for permission to talk our actual OC for the job, they asked to speak to our special asst. 

If we would've been talking about Pep, I would be inclined to think that staying with Luck would be a better career move, but neither you, nor I know what motivates coaches. If the Rams offer to pay more than his current salary, then who's to say he wouldn't go? 

I'm aware, but that's what's funny to me. They didn't ask for permission to talk our actual OC for the job, they asked to speak to our special asst. 

If we would've been talking about Pep, I would be inclined to think that staying with Luck would be a better career move, but neither you, nor I know what motivates coaches. If the Rams offer to pay more than his current salary, then who's to say he wouldn't go? 

You don't know that they didn't ask to talk to Pep. I think that, had they asked, they'd have been told to go pound sand. We'll let Pep go to be a head coach, but we don't have to let him go to be someone else's coordinator, nor should we.

And yeah, it's possible that a lateral move for more money might appeal to some guys. But Pep is going to be a hot commodity. Even if you pay him double what most OCs make, that's still less than what a first year head coach would get. He can make a big push to be the head man next year. Going to the Rams would be a step back, in every way except salary. So I don't think anyone in their right mind would leave the Colts as OC to be the OC for the hapless Rams. 

Chud, different story. I always felt like his position here was a short term thing, and that he'd want to get back into a more hands-on role soon. I don't see why the Colts would prevent him from interviewing to be an OC.

One game and everyone wants to get rid of a guy who coordinated us into being a top 3 offense all season. And did so with a mediocre, at best, run game and consistently makeshift offensive line. Why exactly would we want Chud to be the OC when Pep is doing just fine.

You don't know that they didn't ask to talk to Pep. I think that, had they asked, they'd have been told to go pound sand. We'll let Pep go to be a head coach, but we don't have to let him go to be someone else's coordinator, nor should we.

And yeah, it's possible that a lateral move for more money might appeal to some guys. But Pep is going to be a hot commodity. Even if you pay him double what most OCs make, that's still less than what a first year head coach would get. He can make a big push to be the head man next year. Going to the Rams would be a step back, in every way except salary. So I don't think anyone in their right mind would leave the Colts as OC to be the OC for the hapless Rams. 

Chud, different story. I always felt like his position here was a short term thing, and that he'd want to get back into a more hands-on role soon. I don't see why the Colts would prevent him from interviewing to be an OC.

Lol, pound sand.

I think Luck makes Pep look better than what he is, but Pep would be a fool to leave. 

If Chud leaves this year and Pep leaves next year (or even this year) who would be a good replacement in your opinion? 

Lol, pound sand.

I think Luck makes Pep look better than what he is, but Pep would be a fool to leave.

If Chud leaves this year and Pep leaves next year (or even this year) who would be a good replacement in your opinion?

A replacement for Chudzinski's completely made up position? I don't know if it matters.

Edit: Prompted to re-read your post, I realized that I misunderstood your question. First off, let's take Christensen out of the running right now. It would be kinda cool to have a guy like Frank Reich. There are some teams that will be making coaching changes over the next year, so some candidates will shake free between now and then.

A replacement for Chudzinski's completely made up position? I don't know if it matters.

I think they are implying that Chud would be the replacement for Pep should he leave. But if somehow Pep managed to leave this year and Chud did too, they are wondering who would take on the position of OC. 

I think they are implying that Chud would be the replacement for Pep should he leave. But if somehow Pep managed to leave this year and Chud did too, they are wondering who would take on the position of OC. 

Ah. I keep missing stuff today... Thanks for catching that.

I hope this is not another case of letting the better talent go and keeping the one who is more politically correct...keep Pep and let Chud go...keep Pagano and let Arians go...dumb, dumb, dumb.

We could have the Arians/Chudzinski combo instead of the Pags/Pep combo.

I hope this is not another case of letting the better talent go and keeping the one who is more politically correct...keep Pep and let Chud go...keep Pagano and let Arians go...dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dear Lord in Heaven...

Where were your trolling posts the last two weeks?

Irsay couldn't have fired pagano after 2012 if he wanted to. Any simpleton knows that

Is it possible for you to add to the discussion other than whining?

Whose whining? You don't see the Colts play?  So obvious that 9 out 10 times he starts the same garbage with 1st down run for What? 1 to 2 yards? Yep, that is starting the run domination for sure. Always good to start 2 and 9 or 3rd and 7.

Edit: Prompted to re-read your post, I realized that I misunderstood your question. First off, let's take Christensen out of the running right now. It would be kinda cool to have a guy like Frank Reich. There are some teams that will be making coaching changes over the next year, so some candidates will shake free between now and then.

Agreed!!! Clyde is a super nice guy (from what I've read) but I don't think he'd be a good candidate for OC at all. I'm not sure he adds alot as a QB coach, but that's just my opinion. 

I hope Chud doesn't go anywhere, but I have a bad feeling he will be gone.  Pep on the other hand, I don't think he will be going anywhere, and unlike most people here, am glad he will be staying.  Changing the offense again is a setback, in case you all don't understand that.  I think with a better OL and a run game, you will see next year how valuable Pep is.  At that time, he will be taken for a HC job and we will be forced to get another OC

I hope Chud doesn't go anywhere, but I have a bad feeling he will be gone.  Pep on the other hand, I don't think he will be going anywhere, and unlike most people here, am glad he will be staying.  Changing the offense again is a setback, in case you all don't understand that.  I think with a better OL and a run game, you will see next year how valuable Pep is.  At that time, he will be taken for a HC job and we will be forced to get another OC

pep leave . lol reason has a good job because of luck  . if  coach at dif team he would suck.