Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about the refs or the NFL. 

If the Patriots are cleared of any wrongful actions, that will mean nothing to the same people who are citing how deflated balls will impact the kicking game because they don't get it. 

"Of course they're innocent, the NFL is corrupt!"

"Kraft has Goodell in his back pocket!"

And some Indy fans will not be as stand-up as you when it comes to the results of the game. That's already apparent in this thread. I don't care if the balls were completely flat. That had nothing to do with your defense's ability to tackle and Luck's Daltonesque performance. 

So why do you care what some ignorant jack "donkeys" might say ? It's like Colt fans reacting to Skip Bayliss saying Luck stinks or you Pat fans that keep comparing Andrew Luck to Andy Dalton. I mean ignorance is ignorance ... right ?

Well to your point about the "tortured" Pats fans...

I've been a Patriots fan since I was a kid. I'm 42. First game I went to was in 1979. We've had lots of bad seasons. I've been through a lot with this particular sports team. And yes, it sucks that they're under fire - even if it's deserved based on BB's past actions. As a fan, it sucks. You're invested and you've been through countless crap seasons to be here. An endless line of inept coaches, GMs, and bottom-of-the-barrel players. 

As for Luck...

He had some good passes dropped and faced a good amount of pressure. He also made some nice throws, like the one to Hilton on the Colts' scoring drive. I remember immediately after that play thinking, "Uh-oh," and wondering if Indy was about to make it a game. He sailed some throws high (probably over-inflated balls  ;) ) but this wasn't the type of game where an otherworldly effort out of a QB would have made much of a difference. Not with the way Indy's D played. 

Luck was also one of Indy's best tacklers last night. On both INTs he showed a ton of heart and hustle. I don't think I'll forget those plays, no matter how long the kid stays in the league. It left an impression with me that he was throwing his body in the line of fire like that in a blowout game. 

Sorry but you lose all credibility bring up that ridiculous Luck ...Dalton comparison. It something only a buffoon would say.

40 TD passes to 19. 

3-3 record in playoffs with losses to vastly superior teams vs a guy that is 0 for his career in the playoffs.  Just plain ignorant stuff.

All ball handlers are monitored by the NFL, the balls are being put into play by NFL Officials, the ball boy brings the balls to the officials. If an error is made then its the officials fault. In this case the wrong ball was brought to play is all. Kicking ball instead of game ball.

The balls are inside a sack, which all been checked by the NFL officials prior to the game. What else is there to say?

Everything is monitored by the NFL. That doesn't teams can't sneak something in...

The fact is the league is investigating if the Patriots tampered with the approved balls. Fact.

The rule book you pleasantly provided states the home team monitors approved balls. Fact.

The video you provided shows a Patriot employee in charge of the balls. Fact.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue. Based on everything you provided points to the Patriots are assigned to the game balls. If anything happened to those approved balls it is the Patriots fault. Not the officials, the Patriots. They are in charge of them.

If the ball boy put out the wrong hands ball that is his fault, but that isn't what is in question here.

For the record, I don't believe if the game balls were tampered with the Colts lost because of it.

I'm also not saying that the Patriots actually did it. But if they did I wouldn't be surprised. And if they are guilty I think BB needs some type of discipline. This will be the second time he would be found guilty of playing outside the rules.

The Patriots are America's team. I dislike them as much as the next Colts fan, but you can forget about anything happening to Belichick or Brady. The NFL simply won't do it. Look no further than when they tried to sweep spygate under the rug. The NFL pretended that never happened as well.

Help me out with the logic here...in the prior week, against a team with a proven track record of being a tough matchup, a team that has actually gone to Foxborough and beaten the Patriots in the past, and in frigid temps where this "deflated ball" trick would have been clearly advantageous, no accusations of it were made.

Fast forward to yesterday, in balmy conditions where it only briefly rained significantly over a short stretch in the 2nd half and playing against a team that they have crushed by 20+ points every time they've played them, primarily on the strength of their running attack where the air pressure of the ball makes no difference...THAT'S the game that Belichick decides to resort to deflating the ball and risking another hit to his reputation?

That really doesn't make a lot of sense.

How long was spy gate going on before they got caught .

So heres a question. If these things BB does have no effect on outcomes of games, why does he do them?

This.  :agree:

Yes,  exactly this.  This is the question I have.   WHY does he, or they, continue to do these ridiculous things.  :scratch: 

And before any of you answer,  yes,  I already know......  Winning.  It's always about winning.   

Seriously? Luck is not even comparable to Andy Dalton. It was not Luck's fault for the outcome of the game. Get that through your narrow minded brain of yours.

You can express an opinion without the added personal shot there.

Just saying. You can get as upset with me as you want but at no point did I actually insult any of you. 

I mean i am not sure which part of Superman's response didn't make sense.

And I didn't disagree with him in the slightest. Supes is one of my favorite posters here and I've learned a lot from him. As I've said, three times now, many posters who chimed in early on in this thread clearly don't know how the rules work with the handling of game balls and K-balls. I'm not sure why you're taking such issue with that. 

So why do you care what some ignorant jack "donkeys" might say ? It's like Colt fans reacting to Skip Bayliss saying Luck stinks or you Pat fans that keep comparing Andrew Luck to Andy Dalton. I mean ignorance is ignorance ... right ?

Fair point. I should have thicker skin at times. Sometimes even if you're aware of something on an intellectual level, you still respond emotionally, and that's what I'm guilty of here. 

That said, Luck did not bring his A-game last night. He would tell you the same thing. 

Sigh ... I am smart enough to know that the Pats success the past 15 years has 99 percent to do with their drafting, preparation, coaching and players than anything else. Spygate was easily the most over blow sports story of the millennium and folks still bring it up incorrectly as GoPats said so you just kind of accept that for what it is. I love that Bill scours the rule book and comes up with formations not normally seen to gain a competitive advantage. I love that he builds his team with versatile players like Olineman that can catch TD passes and LBs that are as good in coverage as DBs.

We will see where this latest allegations goes but as you said, it didn't effect outcome either way so yeah winning and being back in the Bowl is great.

He took those formations from Alabama. They were doing it long before and we know he is friends with saban. It's nothing original, just not done in the nfl.

Just saying. You can get as upset with me as you want but at no point did I actually insult any of you. 

And I didn't disagree with him in the slightest. Supes is one of my favorite posters here and I've learned a lot from him. As I've said, three times now, many posters who chimed in early on in this thread clearly don't know how the rules work with the handling of game balls and K-balls. I'm not sure why you're taking such issue with that. 

Fair point. I should have thicker skin at times. Sometimes even if you're aware of something on an intellectual level, you still respond emotionally, and that's what I'm guilty of here. 

That said, Luck did not bring his A-game last night. He would tell you the same thing. 

Tough to bring your "A-game" when your O-line goes back to playing how they did all season, guys are dropping balls, and receivers are struggling to get open. At least be fair about it. Deflated balls or not, have to give credit to Belichick and the defensive schemes. They just played better than us.

Luck was truing to fit balls into receivers that were covered like a blanket on a gusty , rainy night. Was he great , no . Was he the problem ? No. He would say he was terrible as that's the way he is. But I accept what appears to be close to an apology .

It's funny because us as Colts fans know the Patriots being investigated for this whole thing has nothing on the outcome of the game. It's just an added little something that seems to follow the Patriots everywhere. So since you as a Patriots fan do not like this, you take it out by bashing Luck. lol. He had nothing to do with this whole investigation situation, why bring him in it? Just to make yourself feel better because he did not play a great game and neither did a single soul on the Colt's team? Sometimes it is tough for people to stay on topic and it is proven 110% in this thread.

He took those formations from Alabama. They were doing it long before and we know he is friends with saban. It's nothing original, just not done in the nfl.

Sure. That's just it. As BOTT said Bill gets credited for inventing football. He is just smart enough to look at every nook and cranny from pros to college and use to his liking. But because it is him, they assume it is his brain child and therefore inherently evil. lol.

I mean i am not sure which part of Superman's response didn't make sense.

Obviously, NFL is investigating it. Are you suggesting their investigation is wrong to begin with?.

of course they are the pats are never in the wrong even tho the league is investigating it its not like some random colts fan accused them of this

Sure. That's just it. As BOTT said Bill gets credited for inventing football. He is just smart enough to look at every nook and cranny from pros to college and use to his liking. But because it is him, they assume it is his brain child and therefore inherently evil. lol.

Just unorthodox. But Dakitch even pointed it out on that prank call I think. Maybe it was the nfl channel? Don't quite remember.

Gameball given to Brady after the game

It is funny, but deflated balls aren't why we lost. Deflated balls didn't make our O-line, D-line, and receivers play poorly and drop balls. Deflated balls didn't cover our receivers well. I just think, if found guilty of this cheating, there should be more of a punishment than draft picks. Belichick should be suspended for the season.

It is funny, but deflated balls aren't why we lost. Deflated balls didn't make our O-line, D-line, and receivers play poorly and drop balls. Deflated balls didn't cover our receivers well. I just think, if found guilty of this cheating, there should be more of a punishment than draft picks. Belichick should be suspended for the season.

I agree it didn't have an effect on the outcome of that game. How long have they been doing though? It could have effected other outcomes

I agree it didn't have an effect on the outcome of that game. How long have they been doing though? It could have effected other outcomes

True. It didn't effect the outcome of this game. But since the NFL is investigating the Patriots for this after they won against the Colts, pat fans are getting butt-hurt and taking out their anger for it by bashing Luck & Co. lol. The Indianapolis team had nothing to do with this at all.

Of course, the typical Pats fan response will be something like "HAHAHA Colts fans just mad because once again we handed them their butt! they will always say we're cheaters because they can't accept that our team is greatness theirs has always been just above average. hahaha they'll say anything to take rings from BB and Brady!" They'll actually defend cheating, but if it were another team, they'd flip their...well, I won't say that here :P

That's what i have heard as well

Read one of my posts above. The refs pulled a ball off of the field right after the pats received a kickoff. I think after a KO, the offense replaces a ball used on KOs with a league ball that's part of a group of balls each club gets to use on offense. I think after the pats got one of their O balls on the field, the refs stopped the clock, and took the ball off the field.

I think that was the play. It was fairly early in the 2nd quarter maybe. Perhaps the Colts complained to the refs in the first quarter, but the refs took matters into their own hands.....if that's the play where they weighed the ball.

Kind of ironic this comes a day after the pats ask league to investigate the jets for tampering

They're just trying to claim that everybody does this sort of thing, trying to fool the league and the fans in to thinking that the pats aren't an outlier, so they will point fingers at other clubs for thing that club did once. Giving the false impression that its an ongoing league problem.

Problem is, not one other club has a history of transgressions. Pointing out another club for doing something wrong once does not diminish the pats repeated pattern of transgression.

Nice try Kraft...not fooled over here

Where's the proof? I am curious to see it.

I don't think there is any proof, but I did think it odd when D'qwell caught interception. Seemed rather easy for him. I mean he hadn't caught one all season and then he makes that good catch almost one handed against his body. Maybe he said something to the refs.