Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by MTC, January 19, 2015 - quote hidden
Hidden by MTC, January 19, 2015 - quote hidden

gee, what a shocker. the Colts get spanked by the Pats then go crying to the NFL. Have the Colts ever legitimately lost a playoff game?

The only deflated balls were in the Colts' jockstraps

Hey it wasn't the Colts. Billy boy got busted by the officials this time.

has alot do with kicking , passing ,holding the ball. since wind was 10 to 15 mph.

Yeah the deflated balls led to Cribbs getting hit in the face, Blount 3 TDs, Lucks 2 INTs, Adams super wind right (That was a Mike Vander kick there), not stopping the Pats in all phases.

thats his point Sunshine.  The inflated the balls at 51* then the temp dropped over the course of the game causing the lower pressure becauase of colder temps.

My point is the game started at 51 degrees. It's not like it drastically declined, we have had plenty of bad weather games before where this has never been ain issue.

This is hilarious. Deflated footballs are a non factor when you get beat 45-7. Cheats or not the Pats are simply out of our class. This group of Colts curl up in a fetal position like punks when hit in the face by Belicheck's team. We need to get some real Pat killers on this team. Guys like Pollard and Boldin. Need to build up our defensive front seven with nasty dudes like Baltimore. I want some guys who want to do bad things to Brady on this friggin team. Take note of how the Seahawks will approach these guys. They will talk ish on the field and back it up. They have that swag that this Colts team lacks. Deflated footballs. Lol

Nothing will happen even if true. Goddell is Krafts son. Kraft is like an untouchable mobster with the Police n politicians in his pockets.

But even if this is true, doesn't mske difference in the outcome. Hilton, Moncrief, n Nicks deflated their game last night. 1 catch amongst those three, is ridiculous

This likely had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. The fact remains that our team was not ready and got beat. I am in no way using this as an excuse for our loss. What this does do is illustrate why I hate that team. If true, there is absolutely no reason that this needed to be done. They were clearly the better team and did not need something as silly as this to provide an advantage. It shows that this team is once again willing to break the rules to get to the top. What self respecting person would want to call themselves the best is they broke the rules of the game in the process. The pats are a classless organization who continue to find themselves in these situations and for no reason. 

Nothing will happen even if true. Goddell is Krafts son. Kraft is like an untouchable mobster with the Police n politicians in his pockets.

But even if this is true, doesn't mske difference in the outcome. Hilton, Moncrief, n Nicks deflated their game last night. 1 catch amongst those three, is ridiculous

Boss Kraft and Sonny Goddell ?

This is hilarious. Deflated footballs are a non factor when you get beat 45-7. Cheats or not the Pats are simply out of our class. This group of Colts curl up in a fetal position like punks when hit in the face by Belicheck's team. We need to get some real Pat killers on this team. Guys like Pollard and Boldin. Need to build up our defensive front seven with nasty dudes like Baltimore. I want some guys who want to do bad things to Brady on this friggin team. Take note of how the Seahawks will approach these guys. They will talk ish on the field and back it up. They have that swag that this Colts team lacks. Deflated footballs. Lol

Who says that the Patriots don't regularly use this to give them an edge though?  Not saying that deflated footballs changed the result but cheating is cheating.  And if the NFL is confirming that they are in fact investigating this. . . that says that there is more to this then just sour grapes.

What I learned from this thread is that it's OK to cheat as long as you win by a lot.

that and any punishment is a pitiful deterrent because you still get a trip to the superbowl.

Now I'm not going to say the Pats won because of this, but if guilty, it just tells me that you might as well do everything you can for an advantage. The punishment isn't outweighed by the benefit. Fine? Big whoop, I'm going to the super bowl.

Easier to hold onto during bad weather running the football too. It all really doesn't make any sense. Why do anything when you've beaten the team every time for the past 4 years? Just play a fair game and whatever happens, happens.

Perhaps it's part of their SOP and they just havn't been caught doing it until now kind of like spygate. 

But outside of that, if this was something they where trying for the first time that would be silly to start cheating against a team that hasn't in the last 3 years been able to post a single competitive result against you.  

Guys, I'm not saying Bellichick isn't sneaky with his formations and deflated footballs, but the key is getting home field advantage on them , and scour the rule books for our own dirty ,but legal tricks. I think that was Brady's recommendation to the Ravens. These guys don't care how they win, they are laughing all the way to the Super Bowl. My advice, get some goons who know how to pummel Patriots, get home field advantage and pump in your music loud right before Brady hikes the ball , and open and close your dome to your gain, and Brady's detriment. Finally , get an old guy from the Nixon administration who was part of CREEP, The Committee To Re-Elect the President, to scour the NFL rule book and throw a few sketchy tricks at old Bill, before he can pull them on you .

Help me out with the logic here...in the prior week, against a team with a proven track record of being a tough matchup, a team that has actually gone to Foxborough and beaten the Patriots in the past, and in frigid temps where this "deflated ball" trick would have been clearly advantageous, no accusations of it were made.

Fast forward to yesterday, in balmy conditions where it only briefly rained significantly over a short stretch in the 2nd half and playing against a team that they have crushed by 20+ points every time they've played them, primarily on the strength of their running attack where the air pressure of the ball makes no difference...THAT'S the game that Belichick decides to resort to deflating the ball and risking another hit to his reputation?

That really doesn't make a lot of sense.

People that think it has nothing to do with the game aren't thinking it thru completely. It has plenty to do with giving us the ball first and Lucks passes being batted at the line or overthrown. That's why we are here. They knew we would try to air them out. I just watched the game again. I can easily see the effects. Once a team like that goes up on you, ur game plan kinda changes so we never really got started. I see how Luck was trying to get a feel on the ball. We aren't known for running or defense, it's Lucks arm. Also, if it dont matter then why do it? Anything matters. Even if u get a call like gb did against the Cowboys or if u just get a head start on a snap count. Anything over ur opponent is an advantage. I can accept if u use the rules to your advantage to beat me, not cheating to your advantage. It matters greatly. The Cribbs fumble was our mistake but I'm watching this. That's not what loss the game. We were still there. We are stalling because our qb is throwing the ball all over the place. I also see a lot of ball switching but that happens in the games every week so I'm not going to get into that part....

Not the reason for the total beatdown in all phases of the game. What a demolishing-It would have been good if a team actually showed up to play in the game. What an extreme difference between talent and coaches. This was a total butt kicking again. It's like this team is a sham who cannot compete at this level to win it all.

People that think it has nothing to do with the game aren't thinking it thru completely. It has plenty to do with giving us the ball first and Lucks passes being batted at the line or overthrown. That's why we are here. They knew we would try to air them out. I just watched the game again. I can easily see the effects. Once a team like that goes up on you, ur game plan kinda changes so we never really got started. I see how Luck was trying to get a feel on the ball. We aren't known for running or defense, it's Lucks arm. Also, if it dont matter then why do it? Anything matters. Even if u get a call like gb did against the Cowboys or if u just get a head start on a snap count. Anything over ur opponent is an advantage. I can accept if u use the rules to your advantage to beat me, not cheating to your advantage. It matters greatly. The Cribbs fumble was our mistake but I'm watching this. That's not what loss the game. We were still there. We are stalling because our qb is throwing the ball all over the place. I also see a lot of ball switching but that happens in the games every week so I'm not going to get into that part....

That's right the ball played a roll in Cribbs punt face,  having our D get steamrolled again, and the other TD's given up also.

People that think it has nothing to do with the game aren't thinking it thru completely. It has plenty to do with giving us the ball first and Lucks passes being batted at the line or overthrown. That's why we are here. .

Wait - isn't the accusation that the Pats were using a less inflated ball while the Colts were using a normal regulation ball? So how does that have anything to do with Luck's passes being batted down? He was in theory using a regulation ball. The advantage would be to the Pats' offense, because the deflated ball made the transfer from Brady to Blount more smooth, which is why Blount was able to gain 150 yards rushing.

We weren't winning that game regardless so it's funny they even would think they needed to do something like this.  But it really is sickening at how often that organization is willing to break rules of the sport.  I think the NFL needs to rethink some of there punishment for things like this.  Losing a draft pick is nothing, especially for the Pats who have stocked up on draft picks for years. And i'm sure they would be willing to break any rule they can if the trade off was a superbowl win for a draft pick.

Good one-We are made of straw-One look at the Pats and we are blown away. 

Needless to say the Boston media is having a field day with the use of "balls" today. lol. Lowest common denominator, right?

I mean that's the Boston way, no one cares that Manny or Papi cheated to break a curse, nobody cares the Pats cheated so bad that the commissioner of the NFL saw the tapes and found them to be so grevious he had no choice but to destroy them rather than face the consequences that the league he just took over has a team that won 3 out of 4 because they cheated, nobody cares about Gronk trying to injure players "LOL yo soy fiesta had to take him out the club" or KG the fakest tough guy in NBA history. boston is the walter white of sports they just get away with everything

I mean that's the Boston way, no one cares that Manny or Papi cheated to break a curse, nobody cares the Pats cheated so bad that the commissioner of the NFL saw the tapes and found them to be so grevious he had no choice but to destroy them rather than face the consequences that the league he just took over has a team that won 3 out of 4 because they cheated, nobody cares about Gronk trying to injure plays "LOL yo soy fiesta had to take him out the club" or KG the fakest tough guy in NBA history. boston is the walter white of sports they just get away with everything

Sigh ... every franchise has blemishes. It would take me a few pages to detail all of the cheating/gamesmanship of the NY times alone. lol.

Wait - isn't the accusation that the Pats were using a less inflated ball while the Colts were using a normal regulation ball? So how does that have anything to do with Luck's passes being batted down? He was in theory using a regulation ball. The advantage would be to the Pats' offense, because the deflated ball made the transfer from Brady to Blount more smooth, which is why Blount was able to gain 150 yards rushing.

What about when the Pats steamrolled our D other games? Guess they used deflated balls then too.

I mean that's the Boston way, no one cares that Manny or Papi cheated to break a curse, nobody cares the Pats cheated so bad that the commissioner of the NFL saw the tapes and found them to be so grevious he had no choice but to destroy them rather than face the consequences that the league he just took over has a team that won 3 out of 4 because they cheated, nobody cares about Gronk trying to injure plays "LOL yo soy fiesta had to take him out the club" or KG the fakest tough guy in NBA history. boston is the walter white of sports they just get away with everything

The 200 million dollar bloated Red Sox payroll, besides the two steroid guys, finally broke the curse of the bambino.