Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, stupid people say and think stupid things, so that makes it true, right?

The perception is that the Pats can't win a Super Bowl because they can't illegally videotape anymore, and that Roger Goodell covered up seriously damning information when he destroyed the tapes. Is that reality?

Is this before or after Goodell showed the tapes on loop to the media during the Spygate presser?  There was no cover up.

This is what I am talking about when I mention that only fools go on about Spygate, because the VAST majority of people have no clue what actually happened.

It is certainly not looking good for the Pats, and I feel for the fans who have unconditionally defended them.

If found guilty of tampering, and it looks to be headed that way,  IMO no matter what you do, anything short of disqualifying them, they will still just shrug their shoulders :dunno: and say "ok, my bad... and  "we're still in the Super Bowl".  No amount of money, no amount of lost draft picks, nothing else will have any impact.    

How about putting Belichick off the sidelines and away from the game for a year like they did to Payton during the Saints debacle?  

So in games where the Patriots can't cheat by deflating balls( The Super Bowl), Brady's numbers are mediocre. This calls into question everything he's accomplished.

127-197 - 1,277yds - 9td - 2int - 93.8 passer rating

per game - 255.4yds 2td 0.4int

Peyton:

90-132 - 860yds - 3td - 4int - 80.6 passer rating

per game - 215yds 0.75td 1int

whats peyton doing to his balls?

Yes. The refs look ridiculous in this as the LB did notice it by handling one ball and the refs handing them on every play. And they have to prove the Pats tampered after the balls were inspected if they were even inspected. Much still to be determined ... but this looks ridiculously bad.

Well, now there are reports that the Colts noticed it in the previous game as did the Ravens, yet the refs didn't in either game. 

Maybe its no big deal....a matter of protocol that the refs don't nitpick every little thing unless another team complains.

Or, it could be subtle choreography that the NFL wants the Pats to succeed this year, due to Brady's longevity.  I mentioned a while ago how the refs and collinsworth failed to point out rather obvious penalties in the previous colts/pats game. 

Subtle choreography to manage a result (not blatant fixing) is not out of the question.  I think it happens in every sport, and in years to come it could probably just rotate to another team.

I guess now that they've established the balls were deflated....I have to start speculating about something else. :)

I propose a simple experiment for everyone on here.

Take a football and inflate it to 12.5 psi.

Spray it with a hose until soaked

Leave it outside overnight

Bring it inside and let it sit for 2 days

Measure the new psi

Not only does your theory NOT mimic the Foxboro conditions on Sunday...but why didn't the Colts game balls weigh out of range under identical conditions?

NONE of them.

Sorry professor.

Thanks Gramz. We will see what happens but this is terrible for the fans. And I do feel bad for Colts fans regardless of the outcome being a blow out. You should not have to lose a champ game under these circumstances.

not only your superbowls are tained, your coach and QB's entire legacy is tainted, no different than barry bonds or arod

Eleven of twelve...

I'm guessing they were using that twefth ball for kickoffs and field goals?  That is all kinds of shady...

Even if it didn't really affect the final outcome of the game, cheating is cheating; and it needs to be punished.

add Brad Johnson to the list of QBs to suspend (with Rodgers and Brady so far).

also, time to strip the Bucs of their Superbowl win

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brad-johnson-paid-a-bribe-to-tamper-with-footballs-at-the-super-bowl/

Brad Johnson paid someone to CONDITION the balls.  Scuffing them up is perfectly legal.

I propose a simple experiment for everyone on here.

Take a football and inflate it to 12.5 psi.

Spray it with a hose until soaked

Leave it outside overnight

Bring it inside and let it sit for 2 days

Measure the new psi

What does that have to do with the topic? That is not what happened in this case.

Do some of you actually expect an NFL team to sit by and let a team cheat and not turn them in while in the middle of a game that was still somewhat competitive at the time?

Still wondering how said team managed a 28-0 second half domination with fully inflated balls?  I thought this was a huge cheat that shook the foundations of integrity.  Could it be that it really doesn't make a difference and this is massively overblown?  It not like we don't have other players coming forward (see Rodgers, Johnson), with similar stories.

not only your superbowls are tained, your coach and QB's entire legacy is tainted, no different than barry bonds or arod

That was true before this though. We have been living with the taint for 7 years. Honestly, it really does not bother me. Spygate was the most overblown story in sports history this millennium and obviously had minimal advantage given the Pats have now reached three SBs since. And of course the air in the football is minor as the fine is at the bottom of the barrel at $25,000 so it shows how much the league frowns on it which again is minimal and again not a huge advantage and not one that effected the outcome of the game. But still, very hard as a fan to see this happen again. Need to see the rest of the investigation before I comment further ... but not good for sure.

Eleven of twelve...

I'm guessing they were using that twefth ball for kickoffs and field goals?  That is all kinds of shady...

Even if it didn't really affect the final outcome of the game, cheating is cheating; and it needs to be punished.

Brad Johnson paid someone to CONDITION the balls.  Scuffing them up is perfectly legal.

read the article.  he bribed nfl officials to get them to doctor the balls.  teams weren't allowed to break them in back then

add Brad Johnson to the list of QBs to suspend (with Rodgers and Brady so far).

also, time to strip the Bucs of their Superbowl win

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brad-johnson-paid-a-bribe-to-tamper-with-footballs-at-the-super-bowl/

Everyone used those balls, not just the Bucs. Brady only used the bad balls and if you think he didn't know you're out of your mind.

That was true before this though. We have been living with the taint for 7 years. Honestly, it really does not bother me. Spygate was the most overblown story in sports history this millennium and obviously had minimal advantage given the Pats have now reached three SBs since. And of course the air in the football is minor as the fine is at the bottom of the barrel at $25,000 so it shows how much the league frowns on it which again is minimal and again not a huge advantage and not one that effected the outcome of the game. But still, very hard as a fan to see this happen again. Need to see the rest of the investigation before I comment further ... but not good for sure.

score doesn't matter. they made superbowls by cheating.

That was true before this though. We have been living with the taint for 7 years. Honestly, it really does not bother me. Spygate was the most overblown story in sports history this millennium and obviously had minimal advantage given the Pats have now reached three SBs since. And of course the air in the football is minor as the fine is at the bottom of the barrel at $25,000 so it shows how much the league frowns on it which again is minimal and again not a huge advantage and not one that effected the outcome of the game. But still, very hard as a fan to see this happen again. Need to see the rest of the investigation before I comment further ... but not good for sure.

It's called integrity

I believe it says:   not limited to $25,000.....   that leaves it open for further punishment, depending on what the investigation determines.

Still wondering how said team managed a 28-0 second half domination with fully inflated balls? I thought this was a huge cheat that shook the foundations of integrity. Could it be that it really doesn't make a difference and this is massively overblown? It not like we don't have other players coming forward (see Rodgers, Johnson), with similar stories.

if it doesn't matter, why do it?

I believe it says:   not limited to $25,000.....   that leaves it open for further punishment, depending on what the investigation determines.

Yes. I think it will be much higher IF they can prove the Pats tampered. But in general ball tampering is not a huge offense by the league as deemed by the low fine. Players get fined more for not speaking to the media or a late hit ...

read the article.  he bribed nfl officials to get them to doctor the balls.  teams weren't allowed to break them in back then

Read the article.  It doesn't mention who he bribed, and it did not state that this was illegal.

Then do some research and find that this is not illegal.

Yes. I think it will be much higher IF they can prove the Pats tampered. But in general ball tampering is not a huge offense by the league as deemed by the low fine. Players get fined more for not speaking to the media or a late hit ...

they are gonna get hammered by a lot more than 25 grand

thats his point Sunshine.  The inflated the balls at 51* then the temp dropped over the course of the game causing the lower pressure becauase of colder temps.

Not true..... the Colts game balls were all within the required range, only the cheaters were not.  They officals tested both sets.  Get your facts straight.