Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

If this is true, I have absolutely 0 respect for that organization. Purely disgusting. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.

— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz)

January 19, 2015

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.

January 19, 2015

Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.

January 19, 2015

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they find out they deflated the Colts defesive line then we might be on to something.

On a serious note this didn't impact the game the better team won and hats off to New England but there is so many stories like this where of the Pats aren't flat out cheating they walk right up to the line of it that it just gets old. The sad thing is they don't need to do it. They are a darn good football team without all the shady stuff. They make a great heel wrestling villain because they cheat not because they have to but because they can.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2015 - quoting removed post

Disgusting. If this is true, I hope they get demolished next week and I hope Brady gets injured. Yeah i said it. Torn ACL.  Karma's a b*tch.

Yeah because Brady was on the sidelines deflating the balls...again, wishing injury on someone, you 12 or something? 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2015 - reference to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2015 - reference to removed post

Yeah because Brady was on the sidelines deflating the balls...again, wishing injury on someone, you 12 or something? 

Nah, just upset that Pats always gotta cheat in some way. Not saying its the reason Colts lost, but it is really disgusting. No other NFL team does this. 

It doesn't change the running game and those scores, which were enough to beat the Colts easy, but it does call into question the passing game considering the rain slicked balls would be easier to grab if they had more give.

Make no mistake, it likely wouldn't have saved Indy's hide, as nothing really could. It's just a huge disgrace if they are doing these things.

Weird but regardless if the balls were messed w or not it has nothing to do w our ability to stop the run.

Um yea it does. If luck throws the ball, it doesnt have as much power. Carrying a deflated ball is less prone to fumble then when its fully inflated..

You'd have to suspend Belichick at this point. I just think you'd have to. You can't suspend Payton for bounties and then let a guy cheat twice and not take it to him. I get that one literally endangered people, but Belichick would be a repeat offender.

But I digress. We don't even know that the league will arrive at the conclusion this happened.

If this is true, then they should tell them that they can't play in the super bowl !!!  hahaha.  Or play the game over, except this time in Indy !!!  But they definitely need to be fined and/or suspended and draft picks taken away if it is true.

Um yea it does. If luck throws the ball, it doesnt have as much power. Carrying a deflated ball is less prone to fumble then when its fully inflated..

So the power Luck puts on the ball has anything to do w our ability to stop the run? Foolish post.