Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To all the Complainers...

COLTSFAN12to13

this perspective is pathetic.

I don't know where to start, it's better I don't

That's interesting.....   I find the perspective I've been reading since the loss....    "Fire the coaches,  fire Grigson,  cut the players,  get rid of most everyone"  to be the most pathetic.

People are so upset over the loss they can't even enjoy the season nor see the progress that's been made.

THAT, to me,  is pathetic.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting..... I find the perspective I've been reading since the loss.... "Fire the coaches, fire Grigson, cut the players, get rid of most everyone" to be the most pathetic.

People are so upset over the loss they can't even enjoy the season nor see the progress that's been made.

THAT, to me, is pathetic.

I would like to know the progress we have made against the Pats over the last 3 years. You seem to have an idea.

In the last 20 years, we have been to the playoffs 16 times.....with one ring. And that one time was against the Bears during a typhoon. 2006 really appears to be an anomaly to me.

Each year we end up saying we need to tweek this or that and we will win it all next year. But we haven't proven we can do that.

We aren't a threat in the league. No one is afraid of us and I doubt most of them respect us (lip service given if we win).

BB did or he would have just lined up vanilla and  run/play action pass. As it was it was an exotic offense and defense designed just for the colts.

I would like to know the progress we have made against the Pats over the last 3 years. You seem to have an idea.

We've made no progress against the Pats.

But we've made progress most everywhere else.    And that's good.

We didn't lose to a team we were supposed to beat.     We got hammered by a near dynasty.

No shame in that.   

I'm not happy we lost badly.    But I'm not embarrassed by it either.  

We simply have to get better.    Much better.

BB did or he would have just lined up vanilla and  run/play action pass. As it was it was an exotic offense and defense designed just for the colts.

According to the "Colts" post game player interviews, nothing the Pats did was exotic nor unanticipated and they had actually practiced for a lot of it.....we failed to execute....across the board.

Denver did in the Super Bowl last year.    And that's on a much, much bigger stage.

We made to the AFC Championship in year 3 of a complete rebuild.    And the future seems bright....

I suspect you'll get over such a terrible hardship.....

Oh I understand that, and I couldn't be happier about the quick turnaround.

That being said, I knew what the Patriots were going to do yesterday. You knew, it seems that everyone save Manusky and Pagano knew what was going to happen with Blount. 

What did we do to stop it? Absolutely nothing. 

That's what got me riled up- the Coaching staff and the defense were completely unprepared for a ground assault for the third time in a row and the second time this season. You know the saying "Fool me once...." What happens on the third time?

That being said, I knew what the Patriots were going to do yesterday. You knew, it seems that everyone save Manusky and Pagano knew what was going to happen with Blount.

That's what got me riled up- the Coaching staff and the defense were completely unprepared for a ground assault for the third time in a row and the second time this season. You know the saying "Fool me once...." What happens on the third time?

THAT is the logical conclusion? That the coaches didn't know? That they didn't make effort to prepare?

WOW!

Could it possibly simply be that the team isn't good enough yet? That despite every reasonable effort, they got outcoached by the best in history?

Nope, you are certainly right. The Colts coaching staff just blew off preparations. That seems to make much more sense.

According to the "Colts" post game player interviews, nothing the Pats did was exotic nor unanticipated and they had actually practiced for a lot of it.....we failed to execute....across the board.

As a person watching it was exotic. And there did seem to be some confusion. I'm not doubting what the colts players say but I have never- ever seen a coach or player say we hadn't seen that before. They can't very well say publicly they were surprised.perhaps saying couldn't execute against it is better

Either way lining up vanilla against Indy was not an option because that's how serious they took them.  Just sayin' to say the colts aren't a threat is way over- Jags maybe........

That's the difference.....

You view it as the coaches were caught off guard.

I don't see it that way.    I think we knew what was coming and couldn't stop it anyway......

Big difference....

We've made no progress against the Pats.

But we've made progress most everywhere else. And that's good.

We didn't lose to a team we were supposed to beat. We got hammered by a near dynasty.

No shame in that.

I'm not happy we lost badly. But I'm not embarrassed by it either.

We simply have to get better. Much better.

How can you get hammered by a near dynasty that hasn't won in nine years ? Maybe they will win this year, but that's not a dynasty , or even a near dynasty . Again , what are the specifics of your rebuilding plan ? Do you see progress in your offensive line when Luck is getting killed ? Luck is doing a terrific job with a very sketchy O line. Look at Flacco stats when they were 8-8, and this year when he had no line or running game, and this year when it was fixed. Luck was able to have a great season with a bad line, and banged up running game. Those two areas need to be fixed. The Ravens needs are obvious, secondary, WR, and RB.

THAT is the logical conclusion? That the coaches didn't know? That they didn't make effort to prepare?

WOW!

Could it possibly simply be that the team isn't good enough yet? That despite every reasonable effort, they got outcoached by the best in history?

Nope, you are certainly right. The Colts coaching staff just blew off preparations. That seems to make much more sense.

You're right, they must have prepared. They stopped the Patriots from getting 200 yards and four rushing touchdowns again. They only gave up 160 to Blount and 3 rushing tds. 

PROGRESS!

You're right, they must have prepared. They stopped the Patriots from getting 200 yards and four rushing touchdowns again. They only gave up 160 to Blount and 3 rushing tds.

PROGRESS!

So you are suggesting that the Pats did nothing to affect this equation? That BB is just a decoration on the sideline? That it's as simple as "if they had prepared, they'd have won"... Really?

Again, WOW!

I don't see it that way.    I think we knew what was coming and couldn't stop it anyway......

Big difference....

Yeah, that may be. It's flat out irritating though, to hear all the talk by the players and the team and media all week, then to fall flat like that on Sunday. It's rough. 

How can you get hammered by a near dynasty that hasn't won in nine years ? Maybe they will win this year, but that's not a dynasty , or even a near dynasty . Again , what are the specifics of your rebuilding plan ? Do you see progress in your offensive line when Luck is getting killed ? Luck is doing a terrific job with a very sketchy O line. Look at Flacco stats when they were 8-8, and this year when he had no line or running game, and this year when it was fixed. Luck was able to have a great season with a bad line, and banged up running game. Those two areas need to be fixed. The Ravens needs are obvious, secondary, WR, and RB.

The Pats I believe have been in the playoffs every year but one or two under Belichick.    That's a near dynasty.

The Pats won 3 years our 4.    And their two losses later in this run were narrow losses that could've been wins.    That's a near dynasty.

Why do people here keep referencing haven't won in 9 years stuff?    Makes no sense to me.

Because the moment you go to 10 years -- whoops!  -- there's a Super Bowl victory.

And what did they do in those 9 years?    Win....  a lot.   Go to the playoffs.   Go to the Super Bowl.   Go to AFC championships.

If the Ravens or the Colts had done what the Pats have done under Belichick we'd be calling it a dynasty or near dynasty.

So you are suggesting that the Pats did nothing to affect this equation? That BB is just a decoration on the sideline? That it's as simple as "if they had prepared, they'd have won"... Really?

Again, WOW!

Not at all. Look back at the Patriots running game though- it wasn't exotic. It was just basic football. Most of Blount's runs came right up the middle. 

All of the deception, all of the shenanigans and Belichek comes out with the newest type of offense. A run between the tackles.

That is humiliating. Especially when Blount and Jonas Gray are not superstar running backs. If Peterson, McCoy or Jamaal Charles ran for 160 and four Touchdowns, I'd chalk it up to them being some of the best runners in the NFL, and that's normal for them. But this is Blount and Gray, a guy who can't stick with the Bucs for being garbage and is a bad influence on the Steelers. 

Yeah, that may be. It's flat out irritating though, to hear all the talk by the players and the team and media all week, then to fall flat like that on Sunday. It's rough. 

Agreed......   irritating as can be that we looked so feeble....   couldn't stop their offense,  and their defense seemed to toy with our offense.    And our special teams were just not that special.     I agree,  irritating is putting it mildly.

Big difference....

Not saying I disagree, but if you take that stance than you must assume either:

A) The coaches knew what was coming, but were not smart enough to counter it/game plan for it at a level to even make the game respectable, if that is the case we need to critically look at the coaches. 

-or-

B) The players are not good enough to execute the coaches game plan, and if that's the case a bunch of players need cut/replaced (more than just the obvious ones) and Grigson deserves a good amount of blame.

The Pats I believe have been in the playoffs every year but one or two under Belichick. That's a near dynasty.

The Pats won 3 years our 4. And their two losses later in this run were narrow losses that could've been wins. That's a near dynasty.

Why do people here keep referencing haven't won in 9 years stuff? Makes no sense to me.

Because the moment you go to 10 years -- whoops! -- there's a Super Bowl victory.

And what did they do in those 9 years? Win.... a lot. Go to the playoffs. Go to the Super Bowl. Go to AFC championships.

If the Ravens or the Colts had done what the Pats have done under Belichick we'd be calling it a dynasty or near dynasty.

You could have an argument of a dynasty from 2001- 2004. But like the Ravens or Colts, getting in the playoffs many times and not stringing back to back Championships in, does not make you a dynasty , although it is a very good, consistent ,playoff team. NE, post 2005 is not a dynasty.

Not saying I disagree, but if you take that stance than you must assume either:

A) The coaches knew what was coming, but were not smart enough to counter it/game plan for it at a level to even make the game respectable, if that is the case we need to critically look at the coaches. 

-or-

B) The players are not good enough to execute the coaches game plan, and if that's the case a bunch of players need cut/replaced (more than just the obvious ones) and Grigson deserves a good amount of blame.

I view it as more B than A.    At the same time,  I'm not dumping too much blame on Grigson who has built a team that went to the AFC championship in his 3rd year.     He's built a very good team.    But one team was clearly better.     Not a lot to blame in my opinion. 

You're just not going to build a great team that fast after the rebuild we've been doing....

You could have an argument of a dynasty from 2001- 2004. But like the Ravens or Colts, getting in the playoffs many times and not stringing back to back Championships in, does not make you a dynasty , although it is a very good, consistent ,playoff team. NE, post 2005 is not a dynasty.

Right.   Agreed.

That's why I used the words.....    near dynasty.

Sustained excellence is the single hardest thing to do in sports -- especially team sports where so many things can go wrong.

As a person watching it was exotic. And there did seem to be some confusion. I'm not doubting what the colts players say but I have never- ever seen a coach or player say we hadn't seen that before. They can't very well say publicly they were surprised.perhaps saying couldn't execute against it is better

Either way lining up vanilla against Indy was not an option because that's how serious they took them.  Just sayin' to say the colts aren't a threat is way over- Jags maybe........

Are we a threat to the Texans, Bengals or Broncos? No, they just hate us because we beat them then we fall apart in the end. They can never say "we lost to the best".

Are we a threat to the Chargers, Steelers or Pats? No....they aren't afraid of us and they just assume they will win.

Outside the Texans or the Jags are there really any teams we "own"? I don't think so.

I view it as more B than A.    At the same time,  I'm not dumping too much blame on Grigson who has built a team that went to the AFC championship in his 3rd year.     He's built a very good team.    But one team was clearly better.     Not a lot to blame in my opinion. 

You're just not going to build a great team that fast after the rebuild we've been doing....

Yup.

You can assign blame to Grigson and say he has to fix this without thinking he needs to be fired.