Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Superman

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time of the trade (which I didn't like the idea of giving a first rounder for ANY RB), there was a quote from one of the Cleveland players that basically said "Trent has to learn some things about being a good pro".

I don't know if there was any substance to that, or if Trent has corrected whatever it was, I'm just wondering if there isn't something about his approach to the game that is not all that it should be.

Yes. Personal things.

I'm curious now if he has something else major going on.

I hope the best for the dude.

Could be wrong but it feels like he's just mad that he's benched and he's throwing a fit about it thus using the "Personal issues" excuse.

No doubt there's something up with him though.

Trent is not a bad player. He just doesn't fit our scheme. Our blocking scheme is better suited for smaller scat backs like Bradshaw and boom. Power backs need a line that powl defenders and that's not our line.

If you can't average 3ypc most games you're certainly not a good player

I hope Colts tried to trade him in the offseason.

He has zero value, and comes with a $3m price tag. There are a hundred UDFAs who can do what he's done in his career.

If we waive him, someone can claim him, and we shed that salary. But that won't happen. He'd clear waivers. And as het third pick, I'm sure his contract has no offset provision, so we're stuck with the full $3m even if he signs somewhere else.

Prior to this, I was thinking he'd be on the roster next year, because of all that. Early this season, he was somewhat decent as a timeshare back. But now, with him missing the trip for the biggest game of the year, I'm thinking he's outta here.

If he is on the roster, he needs to slim down, at least ten pounds.

Could be wrong but it feels like he's just mad that he's benched and he's throwing a fit about it thus using the "Personal issues" excuse.

No doubt there's something up with him though.

No idea. I guess that's a possibility, but I'm sure that's a breach of contract.

6th + Richardson for a 7th.

I would do that. 

Clear over $3 mil in cap. 

that would be a horrible trade. We might as well just cut richardson. We'd basically be trading a 6th for a 7th. One trade that could work out is trading T rich + 7th for a slightly higher 7th.