Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok time for Reggie Wayne to pull a Ray Lewis and announce he's retiring at the end of the playoffs...

ColtsFTW

The man got injured and his play declined. He was playing at a good level before he got hurt so quit trying to rush the man out. I'm sure Reggie knows if he thinks he can come back and play at that level again. If he can't I'm sure he will retire.. Give him the respect he deserves!

I; not sure he's retiring....I wouldnt...He is hurt..

I think hell be stronger knee-wise the 2nd year after surgery

I'm hoping he'll be able to catch the ball without much trouble in this one because I have a feeling he'll have plenty of opportunities. I don't think they(Pats) are going to place a whole lot of emphasis on Wayne in this one.  I think the bulk of the focus will be on Hilton and Moncrief initially until we do some things to get them loose.

If you think that is going to magically guarantee you win the SB, well I have news for you - someone broke the cardinal rule of the NFL's good guy badge on the Colts team. No free ride to the SB after that recent arrest. NFL has a fantasy image they like to protect. 

Before that incident, I would have gave them a better chance. Now I totally expect New England to blow them out. 

You actually believe the games are not on the level?  Say it ain't so Joe Bogie!

Edited by 21isSuperman

I don't think some people quite got what I was saying...

Do explain we are speak English you said Reggie should announce his retirement to light a fire. Which we shouldn't need and would not be in 87's character to make the game about him instead of he team. The training camp arrivals are fun but to come out before the biggest game of the year and announce you are going to retired seems a little egotistical to me. Reggie is a team guy don't ever see anything like that happening.

Do explain we are speak English you said Reggie should announce his retirement to light a fire. Which we shouldn't need and would not be in 87's character to make the game about him instead of he team. The training camp arrivals are fun but to come out before the biggest game of the year and announce you are going to retired seems a little egotistical to me. Reggie is a team guy don't ever see anything like that happening.

It was more or less a joke topic because some people did credit the Ravens run that year to "wanting to win it for Ray". I didn't expect it to get so serious.

I; not sure he's retiring....I wouldnt...He is hurt..

I think hell be stronger knee-wise the 2nd year after surgery

I didn't say he was retiring. His knee was not the problem.. It was fully healed and tested out stronger than it was before his injury. I'm talking about the injury he sustained this year. Re-read my post.