Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

your free agency wish list

resign

freeman

redding 

butler

adams

cribbs

brown 

hasslebeck

nicks

FA

lupati(would complete our o-line)

vereen (very versatile and can beat you in many ways) 

justin houston (I can wish)

we have $0.00 for houston

I thought we had roughly 40 over

No one really. I like what we have at most positions. I'm also trusting in Grigson having another good draft.

Maybe a cheap CB for depth and a RG.

With the increase in the cap the Colts will have around 40 million to spend if my calculations are close. There will be some players on the roster who will not be resigned so we don't really know what the bottom line is yet. I feel Grigson will do a fine job so saying we have no money for any player at this point may not be correct.

Re-Sign

Redding

Butler

Brown

Sign

Dan Williams

Brian Orakpo (1 year deal)

Walter Thurmond (Another cheep 1 year deal)

Mike Iupati

Duron Carter

C.J. Spiller

Then we could trade down and draft Cody Prewitt, Dorial Green Beckham, and Tevin Coleman. We would most likely have to trade back up for one of these guys. I would also try to pull of a trade for Michael Griffin and put him at SS. Tenn may even release him.

Grigson is saving money for Luck, TYH,  Fleener, Allen and Castanzo.

I'll be the most surprised person here if he signs Iupati who will want big $$$ or Houston who KC is not going to let get away.....

Haven't thought a lot about it, but off the top of my head

Jared Odrick

Jahari Evans (if released)

Eddie Royal

Pernell McPhee I'd be happy with. Can play OLB, DT or DT so versatile in our formation and coming over from the Ravens his scheme fit is good. Only 26 too, so coming in to his prime.

Pernell McPhee

Iupati (only if we don't overpay)

Walter Thurmond would be nice.

I would love to snag Devin Mccourty from NE but his chances of hitting FA are slim to none.

I'll be the most surprised person here if he signs Iupati who will want big $$$ or Houston who KC is not going to let get away.....

Not saying we'll sign Houston but KC will have a very hard time making that work. They are at 151 mill right now for 2015. They can cut Bowe but take a 9 mill cap hit to save 5 mill. Couple other possible cuts but the word is they haven't even approached Houston's agent yet. Could be they just let him go.

resign

freeman

redding 

butler

adams

cribbs

brown 

hasslebeck

nicks

FA

Don't have to do anything but make a qualifying offer to Freeman this year. He's not an URFA until next year.

Fleener and Allen shouldn't break the bank. Mathis is signed for 5 Mill in 2016. Wayne will be off the books also in 2016. Jackson will also be off the books in 2016 as well as RJF if the Colts so desire. Landry also..With a cap at around 140 mill , the Colts have more than enough cap room to sign an expensive free agent in 2015. Look at what Seattle has done and they are figuring to sign RW to + 20 mill per year deal. 

What you are forgetting is that most of the FA deals Grigson did were structured to last 2 and 3 years with no cap hit if the player was released. The only one a little different was Cherlius 

We have the cap, but we won't target him. We have Mathis returning next year and the emergence of Newsome. Those two alone can get it done for us. No need to spend money on Houston.

resign

freeman

redding 

butler

adams

cribbs

brown 

hasslebeck

nicks

FA

I'm thought Cribbs signed a two year deal with us? I could be wrong.

Nicks could be back, only if the price if right of course. Same with Reggie Wayne. Matt Hasselbeck has already shown interest in returning to the Colts. I would also love to see Redding come back on a one year deal. I'm hoping we address the safety position early in the draft or in free agency. I agree with continuing to try and build the offensive line though.

Fleener and Allen shouldn't break the bank. Mathis is signed for 5 Mill in 2016. Wayne will be off the books also in 2016. Jackson will also be off the books in 2016 as well as RJF if the Colts so desire. Landry also..With a cap at around 140 mill , the Colts have more than enough cap room to sign an expensive free agent in 2015. Look at what Seattle has done and they are figuring to sign RW to + 20 mill per year deal. 

What you are forgetting is that most of the FA deals Grigson did were structured to last 2 and 3 years with no cap hit if the player was released. The only one a little different was Cherlius

I agree. Grigson flexed out our cap perfectly in order to resign our 2012 draft class and to remain to keep a competitive roster I tact for future years. The Colts are in a nice position to compete for a SB for the next decade as long as Luck is under center.

Houston a dream, Spiller perhaps

I'm happy with Herron, Tipton, a free agent or draft pick at RB. I would love to bring in Bradshaw and Ballard into camp just to see what these guys have left, but seeing even one of them in a Colts uniform in 2015 is slim to none.

Pernell McPhee

Iupati (only if we don't overpay)

Walter Thurmond would be nice.

I would love to snag Devin Mccourty from NE but his chances of hitting FA are slim to none.

Whoever gets him will "overpay"

I don't know where we start, but  a DT, LB('s), and Safety are a huge need

I would say (in order) DT, ILB, RG, S, and a WR to replace Hicks if he doesn't return.

If Cherilus is healthy, I think he can handle RT for one more year while we groom someone from the draft. We can handle Boom and Zurlon one more year if either Bradshaw or Bullard returns. I think we target RB in the middle rounds.

I see the five spots above as priority, and we will target either FA or the draft.

Indy's Wish List

Rolando McClain

Yeah, that's about it.

Re-Sign

Nicks

Bradshaw (should be cheap)

Sergio

Butler

Adams

We really need to build a D-Line, but I don't see free agency being that path to building a dominant front seven. McClain would be a great addition next to Freeman and give D'Qwell time off on passing downs. 

We are going to have to invest at least a 2nd round draft pick into a NT. If Tevin Coleman falls to round 3 or 4, I would be all for drafting him, but our #1 pick should be a ball-hawk safety. 

Houston is good enough to "overpay" for and our pass rush would improve tremendously with him on the field.  It's why he will probably be franchised if KC doesn't reach a deal with him.  So yeah, he's one of the few free agents I'd pay top three or five 3-4 OLB money to.  I'd risk my job as GM if that were my call.

Not saying we'll sign Houston but KC will have a very hard time making that work. They are at 151 mill right now for 2015. They can cut Bowe but take a 9 mill cap hit to save 5 mill. Couple other possible cuts but the word is they haven't even approached Houston's agent yet. Could be they just let him go.

They could franchise him, which depending on whether he were classified as an OLB or DE would be anywhere from $11.5 million to $13.25 million.  He could take it to arbitration on the Terrell Suggs argument and see wehre that goes, but assuming he's an OLB, which he would be at least initially, there would certainly have to be some casualties.  They aren't cutting Alex Smith, Hali, Berry, or Charles. I could see them cutting Bowe and drafting another WR, Joe Mayes and living with the replacement, and then cutting Mike Devito.  That's $12 million right there - and I don't think you're missing out on a ton.  Joe Mays was injured most of last year and even when he did play, he wasn't all that impressive.  Perhaps worth the $4-$5 mill a year, but I'd rather take my chances in the draft or free agency if I've got change to spare.  Same analysis for Mike DeVito. 

I guess the question teh Chiefs are answering right now is, who can they live without whether Houston worth the casualties.  For me, that answer is simple.  Grigs has shown the ability and with some ease, for that matter, to find the Jerrell Freemans, Jonathan Newsomes, and the Ricky Jean Francois in the draft or free agency.  It's getting thta star power that he's struggled with.  Houston would be a huge boost in the pass rush and make the left side of our DL one of the best.  We'd still have a big hole to fill at NT and then again at ILB, but a solid pass rush is a good start.

They could franchise him, which depending on whether he were classified as an OLB or DE would be anywhere from $11.5 million to $13.25 million.  He could take it to arbitration on the Terrell Suggs argument and see wehre that goes, but assuming he's an OLB, which he would be at least initially, there would certainly have to be some casualties.  They aren't cutting Alex Smith, Hali, Berry, or Charles. I could see them cutting Bowe and drafting another WR, Joe Mayes and living with the replacement, and then cutting Mike Devito.  That's $12 million right there - and I don't think you're missing out on a ton.  Joe Mays was injured most of last year and even when he did play, he wasn't all that impressive.  Perhaps worth the $4-$5 mill a year, but I'd rather take my chances in the draft or free agency if I've got change to spare.  Same analysis for Mike DeVito. 

I guess the question teh Chiefs are answering right now is, who can they live without whether Houston worth the casualties.  For me, that answer is simple.  Grigs has shown the ability and with some ease, for that matter, to find the Jerrell Freemans, Jonathan Newsomes, and the Ricky Jean Francois in the draft or free agency.  It's getting thta star power that he's struggled with.  Houston would be a huge boost in the pass rush and make the left side of our DL one of the best.  We'd still have a big hole to fill at NT and then again at ILB, but a solid pass rush is a good start.

Cutting Bowe would save them 5 million.

Terrance Knighton (NT) - Everything we hoped Hughes / Chapman would be he is, combine him with Jones and we may really have something

Brian De La Puente (C/G) - Thought we should of signed him last year now we have another chance, versatile and better than anything we have at RG or C now.

Duron Carter / Eddie Royal (WR) - We need more to take the pressure off TY, I expect Moncrief to take a big step this season but still not enough.

For me that leaves OL, SS, ILB, RB as my first four picks in the draft (what round depends on value at pick).

Redding is one reasons we continue to get man handled in the running game.. dude is old and washed up.. cribbs is a mistake machine.. freeman and jackson are slow are overrated.. mike adams really is the only one worth keeping.. only one that makes plays.

Redding is one reasons we continue to get man handled in the running game.. dude is old and washed up.. cribbs is a mistake machine.. freeman and jackson are slow are overrated.. mike adams really is the only one worth keeping.. only one that makes plays.

Agreed 100%. Redding is the weak link on the defense.

Terrence Knighton would be a nice add. His teammate Orlando Franklin could be too, depending on other moves Grigson plans on making along the O-line.