Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardale Jones returning to Ohio State....

So pleased and so proud of this young man.

He's going back to school.

Says the decision was easy and not hard at all.    Simply put, he says he's not close to ready for the NFL.    And he's right.

Says getting his degree is important to him and he wants to be done to school when he finally goes to the NFL.

For me,  he's now a kid I can really root for....   I'm hoping he leads tOSU to a great year next year.

And I hope he's the #1 pick in the 2016 NFL draft....

Now the question is will he be sitting on the bench for the next couple years, A kid can always go back and get his education after heading to the NFL but he could be sitting on the bench the next couple years not growing as a QB or showing his skills. It will be interesting to see if he starts while going back to Ohio State

Because the questions in the NFL far outweigh the questions back in college.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. He won't beat out Barrett for the starting job and if he transfers he'll be 25 by the time he enters the draft. 

Should have just entered and been a mid-round pick. Really doesn't make sense to me. 

I don't know what you are trying to say here. He won't beat out Barrett for the starting job and if he transfers he'll be 25 by the time he enters the draft. 

Should have just entered and been a mid-round pick. Really doesn't make sense to me. 

Barrett likely won't be healthy enough by the time camp starts,  so his chances of beating out Barrett aren't that bad.   And even if he doesn't,  he's got lots and lots and lots more to learn.

He's not transferring.    He's coming back to Ohio State.

He'd likely be drafted in rounds 2-4 and get paid.    And then what?   He's not going to start.   As the non-starter, he's not going to get reps.

As ESPN's Trevor Matich noted,  in college, the QB game is mostly physical.    In the NFL, the QB game is mostly mental.   So, props to Cardale for recognizing he's not ready and going back to school and taking his chances.

A career is not the first contract.    A career is the 2nd and 3rd contract.    And if he came out now, he'd like do very little to earn a good 2nd contract.

The pluses outweigh the minuses for coming back to school.

I'm thrilled for the kid.

It's kind of a big turn around for him to hate school and now see that it is important to him.  He says he wants to be a financial adviser.  Someone needs to inform him that a financial adviser would have probably told him to enter the draft and take the money!  lol

That cluster*blank* at QB is going to be interesting. Personally, I don't think Cardale is all that good, and Braxton is a great runner with an awful arm. JT is the best QB on OSU by far and Braxton and Cardale will regret staying come next fall. 

I think it was a bad decision for him to go back to school.  He needs to strike while the iron is hot.  

As it stands he would be coming out in a pretty weak QB class after just defeating the #1 or #2 QB in the draft and winning a national championship.  If he goes back there's a chance he is not the starter, there is a chance he gets injured, there is a chance even if he is a starter he performs badly, etc ... 

He comes out this year, takes the mid round money, and sits behind someone and learns for a couple years.

He gets a decent payday and can always go back after or take classes part time and finish his degree. 

Mark Sanchez anyone? He had a good Rose Bowl then he decided to become pro, he wasn't ready , i think his ceiling was higher than a game manager also Pete Carroll told him to stay because he wasn't ready.

I think he is making the right decision he could win the starting job i mean he showed a good skill set.