Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are the chances Peyton goes to Niners?

amfootball

Adam Gase got a second interview with niners. If he ends up the HC there, what are the chances he brings Peyton with him? I know they got Kaep there but it is obvious he has some serious issues from pocket and the big contract too. What chance do give you Peyton of going there? 10, 20, 50 percent? Zero?

Adam Gase got a second interview with niners. If he ends up the HC there, what are the chances he brings Peyton with him? I know they got Kaep there but it is obvious he has some serious issues from pocket and the big contract too. What chance do give you Peyton of going there? 10, 20, 50 percent? Zero?

0% The broncos would have to cut him for that to happen

I was thinking the same thing after hearing Fox was fired and that Gase is one of the favorites to land the San Fran job.  However, Elway would have to cut or trade Manning for that to happen.  I don't think Elway gives up the rights to Manning. 

zero..

I don't see Peyton going to the Niners, although anything is possible.  It's going to be interesting with what happens with him in Denver. In some ways, I think he's thinking about retirement.   If not, he would have said immediately, "I'll be back, I'll be healthy and we'll try to get to a Lombardi."

Quite a shakeup with the Broncos.  It could mean that Elway got Fox out of there to keep Manning happy.  I don't know enough about the relationship dynamic there.  

Peyton may not want to be in the turmoil of dealing with a new coach or perhaps Elway gets a Manning-friendly coach.  Really interesting things happening there. 

Absolutely none. 

He had his chance back in 2012 to go to a winner and decided not to, cause Peyton can't compete in a division that is tough. ALl those years the Colts had the worst division in the entire league, and then he chose Denver cause #1. Elway, and #2. they have a weak pathetic division too.

S.F. got to a SB and nearly won it. He would have that elusive second ring today with Harbaugh had he went there. They had the defense and they had the run game that everyone claims he never had in his career (cause they don't think Edge James existed) 

Problem is, the NFC West is full of competition. Peyton don't like competition. The king of the regular season likes an easy schedule with 6 easy games against 3 terrible divisional opponents who will only give him one good game all year long. All those years he was with the Colts, and they played horrible teams. Every now and then Tennessee would give him a tough one. Then later on it became the Texans at the end of his career there, but still not withstanding since this only happened a few years. 

No way he's going to go now. He got his ego, his stats, his TD records, his pizza parlors, his big money up there in Colorado, he will be back in Denver where he belongs with Elway where they can reminisce of getting blown out in SB's.

Denver will trump their bad division again next year unless Andy Reid turns into Marty Schottenheimer and plays 'Marty Ball' with Jamaal Charles and runs it like crazy and not pass pass pass...and I can't depend on San Diego since they are the team that wins a few impressive games early on and then loses when they should win; gets shut out to the overrated Dolphins, and don't know how to beat the Chiefs or Broncos. The Chargers will always be the most overrated team of the AFC, cause they can't win 10 games when everyone hypes them up.

The ones I feel sorry for is the Raiders who can never catch a break ever. 

No way he's going to go now. He got his ego, his stats, his TD records, his pizza parlors, his big money up there in Colorado, he will be back in Denver where he belongs with Elway where they can reminisce of getting blown out in SB's.

I have no idea why but this just made me laugh so hard for a few minutes. 

But, Peyton and Elway eating pizza together and talking SB blowout losses in a mansion cracks me up hard.........

Absolutely none.

He had his chance back in 2012 to go to a winner and decided not to, cause Peyton can't compete in a division that is tough. ALl those years the Colts had the worst division in the entire league, and then he chose Denver cause #1. Elway, and #2. they have a weak pathetic division too.

S.F. got to a SB and nearly won it. He would have that elusive second ring today with Harbaugh had he went there. They had the defense and they had the run game that everyone claims he never had in his career (cause they don't think Edge James existed)

Problem is, the NFC West is full of competition. Peyton don't like competition. The king of the regular season likes an easy schedule with 6 easy games against 3 terrible divisional opponents who will only give him one good game all year long. All those years he was with the Colts, and they played horrible teams. Every now and then Tennessee would give him a tough one. Then later on it became the Texans at the end of his career there, but still not withstanding since this only happened a few years.

Denver will trump their bad division again next year unless Andy Reid turns into Marty Schottenheimer and plays 'Marty Ball' with Jamaal Charles and runs it like crazy and not pass pass pass...and I can't depend on San Diego since they are the team that wins a few impressive games early on and then loses when they should win; gets shut out to the overrated Dolphins, and don't know how to beat the Chiefs or Broncos. The Chargers will always be the most overrated team of the AFC, cause they can't win 10 games when everyone hypes them up.

If he likes easy schedules he should have went to the Falcons.

Arians and weak armed QBs that don't like to get hit don't mix

Yeah. If he is cut, I think the top 2 teams he might go to are the Texans and Rams, teams with good Ds and running games that will maximize the efficiency of his aging body.

Texans more likely due to familiarity with AFC and less physical of a division for his aging body, IMO.

Absolutely none. 

This is just a dumb post, for one the AFC west is not a weak pathetic division, for 2 how can say that he doesn't like competition I have no words to how dumb that sounds.

Absolutely none. 

like your implying that Manning made his decision based on the toughness of division?? do even watch football>?

I don't think Manning would make it through a full season in the NFC West which is full of fast, physical defenses who get after the passer.

This, with the defences in that division which will all be a year more experienced next year it would be to much for him. He should have went to the cards or 49ers instead of the broncos