Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

o-line

OLD FAN MAN

where did this o-line come from? answer, they were on the team all year, our o-line coach just could not find them. they are great at pass blocking, which is good, passing is our strength, they are not great at run blocking, boom 2.7 ypc. but who cares, pep has found away around our poor running through the line with pitch outs and short passes to the rbs. belichick will try to find a way to stop the dump offs and then maybe pep can find a way to run up the gut. this pass blocking o-line is the main reason we have turned it around and now can compete with the best

This OL is coming together , pass protection was great partially because the early dump passes slows a pass rush. Run blocking was good at times and will only get better the more they play as a unit. This also points out glaring weekness in some people weve been relying on for 2 years that have not been there the last couple weeks mainly Gosder IMO. My hats off to Louis knew he could play when healthy and given the chance. Cohesiveness  is a major factor hopefully they continue to grow and make a mark Sunday !

This OL is coming together , pass protection was great partially because the early dump passes slows a pass rush. Run blocking was good at times and will only get better the more they play as a unit. This also points out glaring weekness in some people weve been relying on for 2 years that have not been there the last couple weeks mainly Gosder IMO. My hats off to Louis knew he could play when healthy and given the chance. Cohesiveness  is a major factor hopefully they continue to grow and make a mark Sunday !

I do not think I can add too much here.  Holmes has proven himself.  I think he is a main reason we are better.  He is VERY intelligent and is making some great line calls up front.

If anyone has followed any respectable OL, a good center makes others play better.  Case in point Lance Louis.  He and Holmes have really gelled.  I have seen them 'blow out' their respective opponents at the line of scrimmage.  They really communicate.

Joe Reitz has always been solid.  His athleticism has made him look like a very solid RT.

Mewhort and AC work well together too.

Lets really hammer the Patriots front.  I envision once again a pass first mentality, but I feel at least one long run to the right the way Louis and Holmes have teamed up.   :thmup:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

I do not think I can add too much here.  Holmes has proven himself.  I think he is a main reason we are better.  He is VERY intelligent and is making some great line calls up front.

If anyone has followed any respectable OL, a good center makes others play better.  Case in point Lance Louis.  He and Holmes have really gelled.  I have seen them 'blow out' their respective opponents at the line of scrimmage.  They really communicate.

Joe Reitz has always been solid.  His athleticism has made him look like a very solid RT.

Mewhort and AC work well together too.

Lets really hammer the Patriots front.  I envision once again a pass first mentality, but I feel at least one long run to the right the way Louis and Holmes have teamed up.   :thmup:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

Your point about Holmes is spot on ! Hes going to be in the spotlight against the Patriots step up and take control Khaled , take us to the big game ! This has to make Andrews job a little easier and more comfortable.

We were really spoiled for years and blessed to have a signal caller running our line in Jeff Saturday. IMO don't think most realized just how good and intelligent he was ! However don't think he was as Physical as Holmes.

I have to wonder just why Joe Gilbert did not have confidence in Holmes before now.  His techniques are better than both of the other centers.  And yes he HAS been very physical.  I really like him. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I agree....with everything except Lance Louis. I thought he was terrible in Chicago, but he has really turned it on here as of late. Go Lance! lol