Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2012 Mock Draft

After this weeks game vs Bal, I updated my mock draft for the Colts. 4th and 6th round compensentorys will be included.

1. Andrew Luck QB, Stanford: After Lucks interview saying that he would be fine being drafted by a team with a veteran QB, then i just think it will all line up together.

2. Brandon Thompson DT, Clemson: Thompsons draft stock has taken a plung due to his inability to rush the passer. But he would fit nicely in our DL rotating and he is very good against the run.

3. Ryan Miller OG, Colorado: Deim is likey leaving next year and Manning will need the best protection. Miller is a good OG with the power for run support and can get in the next level.

4. Keith Tandy CB, West Virgina: Lacey was udderly atrocious today giving up a total of 132 yards passing. Tandy is a good CB who is big, physical, and posseses great insticts.

4. AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois: Wayne, Garcon, and Gonzo are all FAs and at least one will leave. Jenkins has good hands and is great after the catch.

5. Brandon Washington G, Miami: Again Manning will need protection next year. Washinton is a versatile player who has played LT, RT, and G but his natural and NFL position will be guard.

6. Omar Bolden CB, Arizona St: Again Lacey was horrible today. Bolden is a good player who was projected in 3rd or 2nd round until an injury. I feel that he is here then why not take the risk.

6. Chris Rainy RB/RS/WR, Florida: Rainy is a true game changer whi can run, recive and return.

7. Malik Jackson DE, Tennesse: A good pass rusher with speed and can provide depth.

I just want to let some points be known. The reasoning behind drafting Luck isn't needed anymore. We all know if we see Luck's name that we don't need any explanations. :D I don't see Thompson being had in the 2nd. (Little Fun Fact: Back on one of the first threads in this section I posted the first comment about how we should get Thompson because I figured Peyton would be playing and we would be drafting around 24th range and how this board would be lighting up with his name but to my dismay his name hasn't)

Edited by AustinCollie17(Braxton B.)

I just want to let some points be known. The reasoning behind drafting Luck isn't needed anymore. We all know if we see Luck's name that we don't need any explanations. :D I don't see Thompson being had in the 2nd. (Little Fun Fact: Back on one of the first threads in this section I posted the first comment about how we should get Thompson because I figured Peyton would be playing and we would be drafting around 24th range and how this board would be lighting up with his name but to my dismay his name hasn't)

I agree...Thompson in the 2nd round is a stretch, but not even as much of a stretch as Malik Jackson going in the 7th round. He's projected as a 4th round prospect...if something were to happen to cause him to fall 3 rounds then I doubt we'd want him.

It's been a while since I have done a draft, last one I think was in October. Anyways just straight up our 7 picks, no compensations, no trade downs or trade ups. Acutally forget that last part, I'm going to do the opposite of that crossed out sentence. 4th and 6th round comp. picks. Trade #1 overall to Washington for their 1st, 2nd, 1st next year and Brian Orakpo. This is all assuming that Manning comes back healthier then before.

1st(#9) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

2. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

2.(#9) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

3. Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama

4. Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

4.(Comp.) Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

5. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame

6. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

6.(Comp.) Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

7. Jeff Demps, RB, Florida

I can dream right. But honestly if we were to have this draft right 'er, we would be in good great shape heading into the next season.

1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2. Mark Barron SS Alabama

3. Tommy Streeter WR Miami

4. Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt

5. Marcus Forston DT Miami

6. Omar Bolden CB Arizona St

7. Jeff Demps RB Florida

I know your a Miami guy, but where is Marcus Forston projected to go? He has been injured and I think he would benefit from returning to school for his redshirt senior season.

It's been a while since I have done a draft, last one I think was in October. Anyways just straight up our 7 picks, no compensations, no trade downs or trade ups. Acutally forget that last part, I'm going to do the opposite of that crossed out sentence. 4th and 6th round comp. picks. Trade #1 overall to Washington for their 1st, 2nd, 1st next year and Brian Orakpo. This is all assuming that Manning comes back healthier then before.

1st(#9) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

2. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

2.(#9) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

3. Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama

4. Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

4.(Comp.) Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

5. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame

6. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

6.(Comp.) Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

7. Jeff Demps, RB, Florida

I can dream right. But honestly if we were to have this draft right 'er, we would be in good great shape heading into the next season.

I would probably switch Kendal Wright with Dontari Poe or Mark Barron. Wright is very good though, but I'd prefer to get his fellow Big 12 WR Jeff Fuller in the 3rd round. That is why I'd like to trade down with a team that has 2 first round picks in the range of Cleveland's or 2 high second round picks so that we could get several talented players.

I know your a Miami guy, but where is Marcus Forston projected to go? He has been injured and I think he would benefit from returning to school for his redshirt senior season.

Forston would have been a mid 2nd rounder if it wasn't for his injury, but he's very talented even though he was a bit disappointing on the field but I blame poor coaching for that. He's draft stock will be pretty low and he'll be a decent steal.

Forston would have been a mid 2nd rounder if it wasn't for his injury, but he's very talented even though he was a bit disappointing on the field but I blame poor coaching for that. He's draft stock will be pretty low and he'll be a decent steal.

Is he a NT or an UT? From what I read before the college football season started, he was having the same problems as Jerel Worthy. He was good at occupying multiple blockers and holding the point of attack, but he wasn't making as many plays and getting into the backfield as much as he was supposed too. If that's true, that sounds like a good NT with the ability to become a good rusher which is what I want from a NT.

There are some good under the radar DT's out there.. Poe is what the Colts need, thought I could understand the system fit with Thompson, but he has been falling as of late. There is a kid from Utah named Star Lotulelei and he just won the Morris Trophy, kid is my second favorite DT, and could be a steal later in the draft!

There are some good under the radar DT's out there.. Poe is what the Colts need, thought I could understand the system fit with Thompson, but he has been falling as of late. There is a kid from Utah named Star Lotulelei and he just won the Morris Trophy, kid is my second favorite DT, and could be a steal later in the draft!

I don't think he could come in and play at a high level right away though. I'd rather take Brandon Thompson or Dontari Poe early to add some talent to our D-line.