Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Progression of Andrew Luck

indyagent17

Commentator for the game against the Bronco's said that Luck's accuracy when throwing on the move is in his opinion 2nd to Rodger's in the NFL.  

Honestly looking at them they seem very similar in that regard.  

People compare him to Manning but I think he compares better to Rodgers in play style.  Although I think he has more bulk then Rodgers has and doesn't get injured as much.  

He has been near flawless this postseason. I wouldn't look too much into the punt INTs but I'd take them back just so statheads could shut up.

I expect him to study those Pats games to death. I believe he can have one of his best games this Sunday. Winning on the road in Gillette would be insane. If that's a QB who can pull it, it's him.

I can say with 100% certainty he has gotten better at making the correct reads in the past few weeks. He used to throw a tipped pick every week from forcing something he shouldn't, but the implementation of the check downs is great. I'm excited for our future. Even if we don't win this week vs the Pats, we'll have at least 3 superbowl wins in the next 10 years

Not the screens though, those suck. Bad Pep, bad.

Last year we were down by a TD, driving on the road to start the 4th quarter. Luck gets tripped by Ninkovich on a scramble and it's not called. Colts punt, and defense, exhausted from being out there all night finally gives up the big rushing TD then starts the throws trying to make up for it. Only difference now is Griff Whalen isn't our second WR, Coby Fleener isn't our first TE, Trent Richardson isn't our first RB. They did not have Gronk or Revis either. I'm praying we can get this monkey off our backs.

That being said, I see Luck as Eli, not in the sense he throws picks, but because of their ability to forget about them and move on. Peyton gets hurried, makes mistakes, never gets back into a groove. Luck threw three picks against KC last year when we were clawing back and he shrugged it off and got the job done the next time he was out there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now