Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do We Ever Throw To The Running Backs?

oldunclemark

WE dont screen...ever....Addai, Brown or whoever..

..and its there.....Baltimore brought 8 on occasion.....

They KNOW we wont screen or draw or shuttle pass......

..because we just dont...

the bubble screen is gone...

The WR reverse has gone for the winter...

So many predictable plays.....We spot the other team 10-14 every game

We tried a screen to Brown at the end of the first haf the result was a loss of 6. If that was the result I would go away from it too.

The screen works if you catch the other team off guard by throwing the ball down the field or running well. The idea of the screen is to invite the defense up the field to get after the QB and then dump it over their heads so to speak.

Well if you watch how teams have been playing us lately they get enough pressure with their front four they don't have to bring extra guys and because of the success we had with screens at the start of the years the defense sits on them thus taking them away from us and forcing us to beat them another way. As we have seen neither Painter or Orlovsky seem to be good enough to beat them in other ways on a regular basis.

We tried a screen to Brown at the end of the first haf the result was a loss of 6. If that was the result I would go away from it too.

The screen works if you catch the other team off guard by throwing the ball down the field or running well. The idea of the screen is to invite the defense up the field to get after the QB and then dump it over their heads so to speak.

Well if you watch how teams have been playing us lately they get enough pressure with their front four they don't have to bring extra guys and because of the success we had with screens at the start of the years the defense sits on them thus taking them away from us and forcing us to beat them another way. As we have seen neither Painter or Orlovsky seem to be good enough to beat them in other ways on a regular basis.

Not today......GoColts...

Baltimore sometimes brought 6 and 7 and 8 on pass/blitz downs

That wanst a screen at the end of the half.....that was a checkoff/panic that he threw at his feet.

Bad throw....and a bailout..Brown shouldnt even have caught it...

I'm talking a planned screen pass where you face to the right and screen to the left....

We dont do that..even against an 8 man rush..

Moose....

on a screen your linemen are supposed to miss the block

Yes... the linemen release protection to the QB to clear a path/block for the receiver. (Whether it's a WR or RB or whatever)

When I say blocking, I mean clearing a path for the receiver. Not blocking the QB. I should have clarified that I suppose.

My point stands. THEY CAN'T BLOCK. For anybody lol...

Yes... the linemen release protection to the QB to clear a path/block for the receiver. (Whether it's a WR or RB or whatever)

When I say blocking, I mean clearing a path for the receiver. Not blocking the QB. I should have clarified that I suppose.

My point stands. THEY CAN'T BLOCK. For anybody lol...

Well..I'm sure not going to argue that we blocked anybody today...

..and a lot of that was..they know they didnt have to cover deep because we didnt have t time or the QB to get it there..

...and Manning watched our 13th consecutive loss...

did we lose all the pre-season games, too?

Well..I'm sure not going to argue that we blocked anybody today...

..and a lot of that was..they know they didnt have to cover deep because we didnt have t time or the QB to get it there..

...and Manning watched our 13th consecutive loss...

did we lose all the pre-season games, too?

I think so lol...wait...didn't we beat the Bengals?

Unless the play is designed for the running back (screen passes really), then the only time they get passes is when all the receivers are covered, and the QB needs to dump it off to someone. They're the last resort. Our QBs don't really throw to them often because they believe they can thread it into the receivers, but they can't. Plus our RBs block on a lot of plays.

I'm not sure if the coaches/coordinators know what a screen pass is. Ohh wait they know what a WR screen is but that's about it (which I hate btw because they rarely work). I do agree though with the atrocious blocking, not sure how well it would fair. Unfortunately the Colts aren't as good as they are in the Madden games where you can do screen passes and pitch runs all day.