Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lost a lot of respect for Broncos fans

Dustin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you, and Saints fans booed their butts off in the last home games of the season. Then the team had the nerve to talk about "lack of fan support". That's exactly why I did not watch the Tampa Bay game, for I literally felt insulted.

You as a fan, you pay money to go to entertainment. Which is the game. You don't pay money to see your team get blown out. And had I been in the Superdome for the last two home games where they got blown out, I would have been booing too.

It cost so much money to get a ticket to a game these days. Fans have every right to boo when they go to a game and the home team don't score more than 13 points and loses by 2 possessions.

Most people cannot even afford to go to playoff games. That's where I look at the picture. Most of us aren't rich and can afford these luxurious choices of entertainment.

I see sports games the same way I do concerts. Concerts are also over priced. I am not paying 70 dollars to watch a boring show, no way.

Booing is your right. Just as it's my right to call you a clown for doing so. 

Hit "post" by mistake. I edited it. 

Just read it. I hear ya. But that one score felt like more because the Denver offense was so inept. When it was 21-13, I felt the game was over. Denver could not get into the end zone and the Colts were running on them. Like I said, I think the boo was for the whole team and mostly at Fox. What an awful game plan from him especially on defense. Talib was lit up all day. Not sure if he ever got help on TY but he really needed it.

Booing let's the team know that the fans aren't satisfied and if that doesn't fire the team up to play better then I don't know what will . Hell with Denver I don't think anything can fire them up they get out played and play soft in big games . It showed once again..,

Wrong. Booing doesn't motivate players . They motivate themselves.

Only ignorant fans boo their team. True fans urge them on positively .

Let's not trash an entire fan base for doing the same thing every other fan base does.

People pay money to go to these games, if I paid the over priced amount of a ticket to watch the home team lay down and only score 13 points, sure I'll boo too. I don't care who is on the team.

You guys did the same thing in 2011 when you went 2-14. Every fan base does this. Don't pretend it's just one or the other. Bashing fans like this, not cool.

When you've got 50, 60k people in their home stadium are booing, I'll ally it to all

Booing let's the team know that the fans aren't satisfied and if that doesn't fire the team up to play better then I don't know what will . Hell with Denver I don't think anything can fire them up they get out played and play soft in big games . It showed once again..,

If you think fans booing is going to "fire the team up" then you are mistaken. Players are much harder on themselves, in general, than any fan could be. Fans can boo if they want, but it is not going to fire up the team.

I've heard Colts fan boo Peyton when he was here, however, I don't recall them doing it so early and often. Also, with Peyton, who has some of the biggest come from behind wins in NFL history, 2007 AFCCG ring a bell?, you stick with it in a 1 score game.

Have you ever seen booing be effective? It doesn't help.your team start playing better. Did colts fans boo earlier this season when the patriots took us to the wood shed?

no, but not much of what fans do is "effective" booing is more for fans who are frustrated.

I don't recall them booing at the Pats gsme but I do remember them booing at halftime of the KC playoff gsme last year and the Rams gsme.

I really don't get the whole booing thing?

Surely if your team's struggling that's when they need you most? If anything you should be cheering LOUDER and giving encouragement, rather than abusing them.

Maybe it's just us over here, but we very rarely boo our own team (unless they've lost like 5/6 on the bounce) certainly never, ever boo them in a big game! 

Bandwagon fans.....can't really expect them to stay through thick and thing

Not very knowledgeable fans , not seeing the Colts secondary locking down his recievers . Just a great Defensive performance. I would hope there is room in our Organization for him where he is appreciated.

Maybe they're just warming up for what will be a commonly seen thing in the post-Manning era in Denver. 

It's a crowd mentality. The NFL is the modern-day version of gladiators fighting lions with tens of thousands of drunken Romans screaming their heads off, often rooting for the lion. 

Booing PFM? Are you serious? If it wasn't for him your team would be continues bottom feeders trying to decide if you want Mariota or Winston in the draft.

That got me heated.

I could'nt believe it  not the home fans who had Tim Tebow as there starter before 18 . 

No Respect those people were not with 18 since 98 thru thick & thin I can't remember Colts fans every booing 18 at this point in his career it has got to be painful to hear such ignorance ..

A sicking display kicking Peyton Manning while he was down absolutely unbelievable .

This is absolute genius.  I thought all the Booing was for BOOOOOM.......

I never knew it meant fans were upset.  Thank you so much for defining.  WOW.

What's the big deal if they boo ? It's all they can do to show they disapprove. Are they supposed to cheer nonstop even after a bad play ?

You don't respect their fans ? I doubt they are losing sleep over another fan base not respecting them.

Does booing accomplish anything, probably not, but players get paid a lot of money so if they have to hear some people booing them then I am sure the balance of their bank accounts eases the pain.

What's the big deal if they boo ? It's all they can do to show they disapprove. Are they supposed to cheer nonstop even after a bad play ?

You don't respect their fans ? I doubt they are losing sleep over another fan base not respecting them.

Does booing accomplish anything, probably not, but players get paid a lot of money so if they have to hear some people booing them then I am sure the balance of their bank accounts eases the pain.

Whiner babies.  I'm sure if they're booing their own players they don't care what other people think.  And, yes, the players make a lot of money and can take it.  I just think they sound ridiculous booing the team they paid so much money to go see.  Whiner babies....

Peyton totally deserved to be booed yesterday- he was toothless, as was his squad. 

This is very simple to me. Peyton was on the other team- so if his home crowd is upset, the squad I'm pulling for is doing something right.

I hope Tom gets booed plenty on Sunday, also.

Wrong. Booing doesn't motivate players . They motivate themselves.

Only ignorant fans boo their team. True fans urge them on positively .

Ok. I'm entitled to my opinion I have no problems with fans booing because there are people who spent their hard earned money that went out and attend the game to watch their team lay an egg . What Denver did yesterday was embarrassing and pathetic and Yes the Colts outplayed them and were the better team yesterday but you can just tell from how the Colts were playing they had swagger , chip on their shoulder , and played with fire . Denver once again looked uninspired and flat from start to finish and fans had every right to boo them . If the players don't like it then that's their problem they should do something about it make a play make something happen .

I agree 100%. IMO, that's disrespectful for any fan(s) to boo their own team/player in 99.99% of situations (I could come up with a few, but more along the lines of being unsportsmanlike). But, to boo one of the best players of all time is ridiculous. Have a little respect! I know, some of you are going to say "they paid for the ticket, they have the right". It's still disrespectful.

Oh come on don't act like Denver fans are the only fans that boo . I can name a bunch of fan bases that boo their teams and I've seen fan bases chant classless and distasteful things to the other team as well . Have you lost respect for NE fans when they mocked the death of Torrey Smith's brother 2 years ago ( and yes that did happen Torrey said it himself ) or when NE crowd chanted "Brady's better " against the Broncos earlier this season ? Are you going to lose respect for SEA fans for throwing stuff at Navarro Bowan after he tore his acl during the Championship game last year? Are you going to lose respect for Jaguar fans now showing up for their team on a consistent basis every Sunday? I can go on and on .... I think you're taking it out of proportion because it has something to do with Manning and let's be clear Manning did not play his best yesterday but he wasn't the reason why Denver lost . Don't bash a whole fan base for something every fan base does .

I don't believe in booing its counter productiveYou don't boo the home team...unless you want the home team to lose..or you don't like your playersBut Peyton isnt Peyton to them..he's Andy dalton

Where did you get the idea that Bronco fans think Peyton is Andy Dalton ? LOL

Oh come on don't act like Denver fans are the only fans that boo . I can name a bunch of fan bases that boo their teams and I've seen fan bases chant classless and distasteful things to the other team as well . Have you lost respect for NE fans when they mocked the death of Torrey Smith's brother 2 years ago ( and yes that did happen Torrey said it himself ) or when NE crowd chanted "Brady's better " against the Broncos earlier this season ? Are you going to lose respect for SEA fans for throwing stuff at Navarro Bowan after he tore his acl during the Championship game last year? Are you going to lose respect for Jaguar fans now showing up for their team on a consistent basis every Sunday? I can go on and on .... I think you're taking it out of proportion because it has something to do with Manning and let's be clear Manning did not play his best yesterday but he wasn't the reason why Denver lost . Don't bash a whole fan base for something every fan base does .

I'll say it again.......WHINER BABIES!!!!!!!!!!  All of those things you just listed are classless.  Quite frankly, if somebody wants to boo their own team, go ahead.  But, they are the ding dongs that overpaid for a ticket to the game only to act like a bunch of third graders.  To each his own I guess.  But, if that's the way you act to your own team.....says a lot about you, IMO.

Perhaps there's some truth to that, certainly is for me. To some degree because he was a Colt, but mostly because of who he is as a player and a person. I am by no means a fan of NE, but I respect Tom Brady. Personally, I would find it distasteful/disrespectful for NE fans to boo Brady, or GB fans to boo Rodgers. Booing one of the greatest players ever is like booing Albert Einstein, or booing a philanthropist. He's a great player and humanitarian. Show a little respect.   

I'll say it again.......WHINER BABIES!!!!!!!!!! All of those things you just listed are classless. Quite frankly, if somebody wants to boo their own team, go ahead. But, they are the ding dongs that overpaid for a ticket to the game only to act like a bunch of third graders. To each his own I guess. But, if that's the way you act to your own team.....says a lot about you, IMO.

You know it's funny how you want label some of the fans as whiners but don't act like some of the Colts fans didn't do the same thing to Manning by throwing Manning under the bus calling the guy a choker , he only worries about stats , can't win the big one . I'm not saying that YOU said it but I've come across some of your fans that's said those very exact things . My point is just because some fans act a certain way doesn't mean it represents the entire fan base . I think majority of your fans are taking it personal because it has something to Manning and his relations with the Indianapolis Colts . This happens WITH every fan base whether you want to admit it or not .

You know it's funny how you want label some of the fans as whiners but don't act like some of the Colts fans didn't do the same thing to Manning by throwing Manning under the bus calling the guy a choker , he only worries about stats , can't win the big one . I'm not saying that YOU said it but I've come across some of your fans that's said those very exact things . My point is just because some fans act a certain way doesn't mean it represents the entire fan base . I think majority of your fans are taking it personal because it has something to Manning and his relations with the Indianapolis Colts . This happens WITH every fan base whether you want to admit it or not .

I absolutely believe it happens.  Never said it didn't.  I just don't agree with it.  I think you can be frustrated as a fan or have things about the game that irritate you.  That's true with anything in life.  I personally think sitting in a seat and booing at somebody makes you look like a disrespectful juvenile.  I wouldn't let my kids do that at a game.  And, if they did, I would tell them they are whiner babies and look ridiculous.

Perhaps there's some truth to that, certainly is for me. To some degree because he was a Colt, but mostly because of who he is as a player and a person. I am by no means a fan of NE, but I respect Tom Brady. Personally, I would find it distasteful/disrespectful for NE fans to boo Brady, or GB fans to boo Rodgers. Booing one of the greatest players ever is like booing Albert Einstein, or booing a philanthropist. He's a great player and humanitarian. Show a little respect.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you to some extent . Yes Manning is a great player one of the GOAT and imo the greatest player of this generation but NO players regardless of how great he is excluded from some criticism . Idc if it's Manning, Brady , Rodgers, Brady, Brees, whoever at the end of the day any player can be called out if they aren't on their game . As far as throwing Manning under the bus I don't think it's fair and I've said it on the Bronco forums that if it weren't for Manning the Broncos wouldn't have been in this position to begin with . I've been thankful for everything Manning has done for the a Bronco organization and if he's good to go next year I would like him to return . I want the BEST option for my team to win and I do not think Brock is the answer at the moment . A healthy Manning gives Denver the best chance at a ring at the end of the day and I'm for it .

I absolutely believe it happens.  Never said it didn't.  I just don't agree with it.  I think you can be frustrated as a fan or have things about the game that irritate you.  That's true with anything in life.  I personally think sitting in a seat and booing at somebody makes you look like a disrespectful juvenile.  I wouldn't let my kids do that at a game.  And, if they did, I would tell them they are whiner babies and look ridiculous.

Well we cannot control the emotions of other people it's just the way it is . I didn't attend the game but I was quiet disappointed I didn't boo at the TV I just shook my head in disgust not directly at Manning but the team as a whole and especially at JOHN FOX. Just keep in mind that the emotions of the fans are at an all time high because expectations for Denver all season and last year was Super Bowl or bust. The way they played yesterday was pretty frustrating and sad to we as fans who had high expectations for our team and at the end of the day we will always love our team regardless if some fans boo the team , swear at them or whatever .

Bandwagon fans.....can't really expect them to stay through thick and thing

No, not that volume & decibel level of cheering/booing 21. I heard it clear as day on my TV screen & I was appalled by that reaction. It sounded like a large section in the stadium. 

That was a Denver fan base who hung it's HOF QB out to dry. They gave up on 18 & that offense completely. A sad; sad day indeed.