Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trips4Lyfe

Peyton Vs. Luck

This is a stupid topic and this isn't a hard decision to make really. I feel we shouldn't even discuss it or care anyway until after Peyton sees the field or until we see some pro days or something, not to mention we are winless. Losing 16 games is no joke folks ... people lose jobs and all kinda rubbish ensues.

Also why put all our eggs in a basket all over again when it supposedly costs us a near winless year ? just a thought ...

And you'd have to be a fool to think Luck is a shoe-in even after 4 seasons to do some of the things Peyton has done with these teams and poor D/ST's we've had ... taking that QB play for granted again eh ?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't see him coming back but then again I was sure he wouldn't retire before the 2019 season either. Luck is hard to figure out.
    • I appreciate it Lucky. Nothing wrong with being Dodds, he still has a lot of say and has his voice heard. Decisions can be tough sometimes and it takes someone willing to accept credit and blame for them, especially at an NFL level. Ballard has done that exceptionally, and most of the things he's done deserve a lot of credit, and I'm happy I get a little peek at what the guys do in scouting players every year.    I should give Reich a break though, he's trying to do what's best for the team. I just wish he was more of a risk-taker sometimes. However, I understand with Luck retiring it was tough on everybody. I think this year we can at least compete and with some luck (no pun intended), possibly make or win a SB. Our team has a lot of great talent (starting and depth), and that's something we haven't been able to say since the Polian days!
    • I guess that explains some things.  And I don't mean that as an insult, I just didn't know that about you.  I'm realizing I might have been looking at some of your previous posts over the years in the wrong light.  No judgement.  Sorry if I ever came across as harsh (or a straight-up donkey) in the past.  I just didn't know you as well as I thought I did.    I'll try to be more understanding going forward, even when we disagree about something.   (maybe @coltsfeva feels the same, I don't know.  If I'm not mistaken, there's been some back-and-forth between you two in the past...  I might be thinking of a different member, if so: apologies.  )   I was speaking kinda specifically about Ballard vs Dodds, ie: General Manager vs Assistant General Manager.  If I had a choice, I would choose Assistant General Manager (and not Assistant TO the General Manager for all you Office fans) ev-er-y time.  Being the General Manager is just not my gig.     And hopefully you'll be more understanding going forward of people in Ballards' position where dealing with people is basically the whole premise of their job.  If they didn't draft the guy you wanted or sign the FA you wanted, or even achieve the goals you wanted record-wise, please realize how much else they had to deal with on an inter-personal level that you don't have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.  Because I've been there, and it's beyond stressful trying to get 10-20 people to do their job, much less trying to get 50-100 people to their job better than the the other 50-100 on the other sideline...  
    • Why are you only going by last season?? Of course he was bad last season but he is now 47 years old. In 2006 with us he made 89.3% of his FG's and 100% of his extra points. He was also 5-5 in the playoffs at Baltimore and we won the SB. I am taking that kicker over anyone. Using last season as a gauge makes no sense. Vinny also had a few years in NE where he made over 90% of his FG's and 100% of his extra points. Using last year is nonsense.
    • I make perfect sense, he isnt top 10 by any means he is 25th best, I didnt make the list referenced someone who among many who had Tucker first as an example (Didnt think it was that hard to decipher sorry if anyone else didnt get it).   Sorry but any kicker in modern NFL who goes 78.6 % on PAT and 68% on Fg's during an entire season isnt kicking for anyone or animal i care about, to say otherwise is kinda insane i.m.o. and can't say ignore it but it occurred, if Tucker ever falls off like that I'd say the same BUT if and buts are facts, just saying.
  • Members