Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady throws record 46 TDs in post-season

MJD42

Great, great record. I am happy for him. He talked about it after the game. How Joe was his idol and that it was a team award. You can see how much it meant to him.

It is a team award, but usually an elite QB can carry his team to many many playoff appearances.  So the two go hand in hand.  Don't totally buy in to the common refrain around here that SBs mean nothing individually, that they are a team accomplishment. The best players make those around them better, and that is what Brady has done.  I'm not sure I buy the "awe shucks, it's a team record" routine by Brady.  It doesn't square with his competitive fire. He's got to have an ego in there somewhere!

It is a team award, but usually an elite QB can carry his team to many many playoff appearances.  So the two go hand in hand.  Don't totally buy in to the common refrain around here that SBs mean nothing individually, that they are a team accomplishment. The best players make those around them better, and that is what Brady has done.  I'm not sure I buy the "awe shucks, it's a team record" routine by Brady.  It doesn't square with his competitive fire. He's got to have an ego in there somewhere!

I agree with all of this. I think in terms of Brady, he gets the fact that every accomplishment is a team thing. But at the same time, he knows who he is and what he is capable of. The greats always do.

I agree with all of this. I think in terms of Brady, he gets the fact that every accomplishment is a team thing. But at the same time, he knows who he is and what he is capable of. The greats always do.

So do the crappy ones. Knowing what your capable of doesn't make you great. I know what im capable of, does that make me one of the greats?

Super bowls are made easier with a great QB but without the supporting cast around them they could just as well be water boys. That's not a knock on Brady it holds true for any QB that plays on any team from high school, collage and into the pros. Trent Dilfer has a super bowls ring for gods sake.

Super bowls are made easier with a great QB but without the supporting cast around them they could just as well be water boys. That's not a knock on Brady it holds true for any QB that plays on any team from high school, collage and into the pros. Trent Dilfer has a super bowls ring for gods sake.

Sure, but what about a great QB making the players around him better?  Take a look at Joe Flacco, for example.  Lost his favorite receiver, then picks up with a different cast and plays lights out.  Since a great offense is an asset to the defense, he makes all around him better. 

Sure, but what about a great QB making the players around him better?  Take a look at Joe Flacco, for example.  Lost his favorite receiver, then picks up with a different cast and plays lights out.  Since a great offense is an asset to the defense, he makes all around him better. 

I didn't say anything about a QB making other players better. My comment was just a general comment stating that without good players around a QB they couldn't win at all.

I didn't say anything about a QB making other players better. My comment was just a general comment stating that without good players around a QB they couldn't win at all.

My comment implies that a great player who is also a great leader MAKES good players better and makes average players GOOD.  By definition, that means (according to my thinking) that any GREAT QB is thus surrounded by GOOD and GREAT players.  Otherwise, he's NOT a GREAT QB!

Why do you have Colts fans saying they hope the Pats lose the SB so Brady can go down as the qb who lost the most SBs?

They always change their opinion based on the argument they're trying to make. If they win a SB, it's because they had a superior team, if they lose the SB it's because Brady is a choker lol.. 2 completely contradictory thoughts, both with the same objective though of discrediting Brady.

I wonder what they feel about Manning who has the record for most 1 and dones in the history of the league... on a team that was STACKED with talent on both sides of the ball and had more weapons than any other QB this year, yet only managed 150 total yards of offense against the Colts.. and got his head coach fired in the process.

If losing another SB hurts Brady's legacy knowing how insanely hard it is to win one in this era, I can't imagine what Manning just did to his legacy in those same posters eyes.

Why do you have Colts fans saying they hope the Pats lose the SB so Brady can go down as the qb who lost the most SBs?

They always change their opinion based on the argument they're trying to make. If they win a SB, it's because they had a superior team, if they lose the SB it's because Brady is a choker lol.. 2 completely contradictory thoughts, both with the same objective though of discrediting Brady.

I wonder what they feel about Manning who has the record for most 1 and dones in the history of the league... on a team that was STACKED with talent on both sides of the ball and had more weapons than any other QB this year, yet only managed 150 total yards of offense against the Colts.. and got his head coach fired in the process.

If losing another SB hurts Brady's legacy knowing how insanely hard it is to win one in this era, I can't imagine what Manning just did to his legacy in those same posters eyes.

Like Pat fans are any different? Give me a break. Manning does have nine 1 and dones. 5 or 6 of those games Manning had a lead going into the 4th quarter just to see the Colts defense and or special teams give the games away. We wouldn't want facts to cloud anything now would we?

:) The Pats are forums are fine but we love you guys too. :heart: :luv:

I think most of you have severe self confidence issues. That's why you start multiple patriot based threads here knowing someone will take issue with it so you can bring up SB wins from over a decade ago. You need therapy and perhaps meds

As you all know anyone can post in this forum without being dogged. General or Colts within the rules. So stop with the insults.

However here's a tidbit to ponder. Take away all Patriot successes. You might have one pat fan here. Now insert another team with all that success- say the Steelers or god forbid Tenn and what do you think you get? By laws of vacuum the same thing. Worse or better- your mileage may vary.

I think most of you have severe self confidence issues. That's why you start multiple patriot based threads here knowing someone will take issue with it so you can bring up SB wins from over a decade ago. You need therapy and perhaps meds

And you are on every one of them including this one ...

Dear god...

You are correct, it is the NFL General section, which is a sub-category of the Football section, as opposed to the 'News' section or the 'Off the Field' section.

Keep up.

So you want a Pats thread in the NFL general section? I think that was already tried twice with the Brady threads and failed miserably with the MOD shutting the second thread and saying not to start those type of threads as people are free to post what they want. So perhaps you should try to keep up bud.

So you want a Pats thread in the NFL general section? I think that was already tried twice with the Brady threads and failed miserably with the MOD shutting the second thread and saying not to start those type of threads as people are free to post what they want. So perhaps you should try to keep up bud.

You have got yourself lost. No matter, it's not important......

As you all know anyone can post in this forum without being dogged. General or Colts within the rules. So stop with the insults.

However here's a tidbit to ponder. Take away all Patriot successes. You might have one pat fan here. Now insert another team with all that success- say the Steelers or god forbid Tenn and what do you think you get? By laws of vacuum the same thing. Worse or better- your mileage may vary.

But we can comment on the threads, not the person. The nonstop 'Brady is this, Brady is that, Brady is terrific, Brady is the best' etc., is tiresome. I cannot believe their is intent is not to goad, gloat, and wind folk up. Sure I can ignore them, and probably should.....

Even one of your fellow Mods is getting tired of it all.....

Sheesh.

But we can comment on the threads, not the person. The nonstop 'Brady is this, Brady is that, Brady is terrific, Brady is the best' etc., is tiresome. I cannot believe their is intent is not to goad, gloat, and wind folk up. Sure I can ignore them, and probably should.....

Sheesh.

Are you kidding? Did you even look at the NFL General section? There are 1,2,3,4...6 threads at least on Peyton Manning and/or the Broncos. This is the only Brady thread I could find on page one ...

Sheesh.

Absolutely!

Trust me- action gets taken on those who bait troll etc for  "anyone"

But the original topic is just an NFL record.  It just happens to be- ok I won't say it :)

Just got finished watching your PM's presser