Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan set to be next Bills HC.

Dustin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no nfl team wanted him as OC. He didn't upgrade by being a college OC. If he had been hired as a college HC that would be different. He wasnt a good NFL oc

His resume says otherwise. Not every coordinator is qualified as a HC or wants to be a HC.

It wasn't because of good offense .. The ravens win the superbowl in 2000 with a terrible offense

There were far from terrible. They were the top rushing offense and 13th in points scored in 2010 with Sanchez as a second year player ...

There were far from terrible. They were the top rushing offense and 13th in points scored in 2010 with Sanchez as a second year player ...

Sanchez improved from 2009 to 2010 under Schotty. Never understood why they did not do more to keep him aboard. He was by far their best OC.

Bills had a fantastic defense, super bowl level defense this year with a mostly incompetent offense.  The idea of hiring a coach famous for developing unbelievably good defenses along with equally unbelievably terrible offenses makes no sense whatsoever.  I think Rex Ryan should have a head coaching job in this league but the Bills are literally the last team that should have hired him.

Uh.....wow. Wonder what the guy could do with our defense. Still, the offense, especially with him, will be a big question mark.

At least he defers when winning the coin toss, which is basically my only qualification for a HC, lol.

I think he'll bring in Trestman as OC.  Hard to say who his DC will be.  

word is he is bringing in greg roman in . No way he brings in trestman

Still think it's a terrible hire for Buffalo, but Rex Ryan as head coach and Greg Roman at DC working with the talent they have on defense is an intriguing combination if you're a Buffalo fan.

They were saying on the radio today that this seems like a lazy move by Ryan and the Bills. He is going into the same situation he had with the Jets so he will have the D and but no QB. And the Bills took him to gain his personality and keep fan interest.

Not sure I buy either theory. I don't think Ryan has another HC offer so if he wants to still coach then this is a no brainer. He will have the great D and a much better O than the Jets so he is just left with the QB and perhaps they have some type of plan. In terms of the Bills, this does smell a little bit like they wanted the big personality but I think they like Ryan as a coach and feel he can continue to make that D great. What would be interesting is if Marone went to the Jets. lol.

lol. He has an even worse situation at QB. But hey have to go where the offer is.

Normally, I agree with you AMF, but no Geno Smith still sucks the most at QB right now. The Jets offense is still pathetic by far across the league. 

I think he'll bring in Trestman as OC.  Hard to say who his DC will be.  

Ryan will be the DC just like he was in the Big Apple. 

word is he is bringing in greg roman in . No way he brings in trestman

Roman would work nicely in Buffalo. I can't see Rex winning with EJ Manuel though. Sexy Rexy misfires on drafting QBs though. 

Normally, I agree with you AMF, but no Geno Smith still sucks the most at QB right now. The Jets offense is still pathetic by far across the league.

Ryan will be the DC just like he was in the Big Apple.

Roman would work nicely in Buffalo. I can't see Rex winning with EJ Manuel though. Sexy Rexy misfires on drafting QBs though.

Rex wasn't the GM

You said he had little success drafting qbs

Okay yes, I did say that. But, I doubt he was excluded from the Jets conference room while the card for Geno Smith was being called or turned in do you? 

I'm sure Rex Ryan's feedback was sought out by Woody Johnson & John Idzik in some capacity don't you? 

If you wanna say that final authority to select either Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez rested with John Idzik or Mike Tannenbaum fine, I accept that, but it's not like Rex was completely isolated & in the dark on draft day during his Jets head coaching tenure. 

Anyone catch his presser today. I didn't but here some snippets I heard and paraphrasing

<in my Rex voice>  I'm here to be the bully and you may not want to play us. (gee there's a schedule Rex)

The owner ( think it was him) said we all have one ego. Rex: Yes sir and mine just got bigger.