Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan set to be next Bills HC.

Dustin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons were a perfect spot for him...Either he has faith in Manuel, or has a plan. No way he accepts that job without something in mind. Literally a carbon copy of the Jets. Maybe they'll let the Bears offload Cutler's contract on them for a low draft pick. 

the falcons was a way better spot. I dont get it.

I agree, but the Falcons reportedly had not yet offered him the job. When Rex interviewed for the Falcons HC position in 2008, they passed on him and hired Mike Smith. The speculation in NY is that he did not want this to happen again and did not want to lose this opportunity with the Bills.

he can change that defense and make them a force to go along with an already high powered offense

But the defense has no talent. He can't just scheme them into being a top defense. They'd have the same problems they had last year. 

But the defense has no talent. He can't just scheme them into being a top defense. They'd have the same problems they had last year. 

thats what the draft is for. thats what free agency is for. all im saying is the bills are the same as the jets. top 5 defense with no QB to run the offense. not to mention hes gonna wanna run a 3-4 and the bills run a 4-3 which I believe is one of the reasons mario left the texans

thats what the draft is for. thats what free agency is for. all im saying is the bills are the same as the jets. top 5 defense with no QB to run the offense. not to mention hes gonna wanna run a 3-4 and the bills run a 4-3 which I believe is one of the reasons mario left the texans

the bills run a 3-4 I do believe that's why higes works well in that D

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I assumed Rex would not be able to turn down the prospect of actaully having a solid franchise QB in place so he could focus his energies on building a defense. 

No QB = No playoffs. He of all people should know this. 

Falcons were a perfect spot for him...Either he has faith in Manuel, or has a plan. No way he accepts that job without something in mind. Literally a carbon copy of the Jets. Maybe they'll let the Bears offload Cutler's contract on them for a low draft pick.

His plan was, they are paying him a lot of cash, he could leave his family in place. He could coach for 3 more years before they say wth did we do here and coach makes 15 million more retirement dollars.

I thought the same thing, carbon copy teams. Great defense, questionable offense and big question mark at QB. After more thought, the bills great promise at defense is a 4-3 scheme, Rex is a 3-4 guy, that seems like an additional step back in the rebuild process to build an offense and change defensive scheme. The offense is what killer his legacy with the jets, and that was a larger market, deeper pocketed team. This just sets up for failure imo. I'd have taken on the Atlanta job or even the San fran team or sat out a year and picked from the next 4-7 openings for the next season.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I assumed Rex would not be able to turn down the prospect of actaully having a solid franchise QB in place so he could focus his energies on building a defense. 

No QB = No playoffs. He of all people should know this.

I understand it. I think he likes the head-to-heads with Belichik..he knows the division..

Buffalo has top shelf defensive players....He doesn't really have to move..maybe his wife likes living in NYC?

....I think he didnt want to leave NY

I understand it. I think he likes the head-to-heads with Belichik..he knows the division..

Buffalo has top shelf defensive players....He doesn't really have to move..maybe his wife likes living in NYC?

....I think he didnt want to leave NY

5+ million a year for 5 years probably didn't hurt.

They have no one else and no first round pick either ... maybe they can get Case Keenum if Houston lets him go.

Kyle orton wasn't there to start the league season last year either. Sanchez will be available. There are other journeyman qbs out there better than EJ

Kyle orton wasn't there to start the league season last year either. Sanchez will be available. There are other journeyman qbs out there better than EJ

Like I said with Ryan as HC and those type of Qbs Bills looking at 4-12 or worse.