Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats in AFCCG game for 9th time in Brady/Bill era

MJD42

You know honestly, I don't think anyone wanted him. I like Brian, but he came in as an offensive genius from the Vikings, and you saw how bad our offense was constantly with the Ravens. Then the Ravens would be 13-3, then drop to 5-11 the next year, and were inconsistent. Then Brian is very outspoken and may have turned off owners. Just a few theories why maybe he wasn't hired.

Just seems weird guys consistently get second and third chances. Then a guy with a SB ring hasn't coached since

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But again in playoff games, refs are not going to do that for yelling. Although Dez had his helmet off which is supposed to be an automatic flag.

Actually it isn't an automatic penalty. He didn't take his helmet off in the field of play. Both should have been flagged, but it is a judgment call.

I wasn't impressed by pats last night. No running game at all and Ravens ran the ball down their throat. And no pass rush either, their dl really looked Un-athletic. They were fortunate to escape with a win and if they play Broncos they will need to step it up.

However Brady played great and showed why he's probably as good as any qb ever.

Actually it isn't an automatic penalty. He didn't take his helmet off in the field of play. Both should have been flagged, but it is a judgment call.

As I said they are not going to do it for jawing in most games much less a playoff game but continue to try to belabor the point.

Jvan is right. The rule is meant for players currently on the field removing their helmets. It was explained clearly that when a player comes on to the field unduly, he is given a warning to go back and an opportunity to do so. The helmet rule doesn't apply here, however.  

Jvan is right. The rule is meant for players on the field removing their helmets. It was explained clearly that when a player comes on to the field unduly, he is given a warning to go back and an opportunity to do so. The helmet rule doesn't apply here, however.  

I think a flag depends in large part with what is said to the ref too. Same as taunting. Some refs will let things go others will not take being sworn at or called names.

As I said they are not going to do it for jawing in most games much less a playoff game but continue to try to belabor the point.

Eric Walden was ejected from a game for removing the refs hand from his arm. Brady bumped into the ref and was screaming in his face. I have seen flags thrown for far less

Eric Walden was ejected from a game for removing the refs hand from his arm. Brady bumped into the ref and was screaming in his face. I have seen flags thrown for far less

Do you know what he said to the ref? I think the flag is thrown in large part for what is said. I did not see Brady bump the ref at all. He was in his face.

Do you know what he said to the ref? I think the flag is thrown in large part for what is said. I did not see Brady bump the ref at all. He was in his face.

By his demonstrative tone, i don't think he was asking for his email address or what his favorite color was

By his demonstrative tone, i don't think he was asking for his email address or what his favorite color was

I am sure Walden was angry but it is the refs discretion and if he was being profane towards him then that would draw the flag. Every ref is different and the crews that do the playoff games are not going to throw flags for yelling.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 11, 2015 - Inflammatory
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 11, 2015 - Inflammatory

Whoaa....when has Peyton EVER done anything like that to a ref??? TB is the spoiled brat, not Manning. Manning got fined for doing it against a DB and owned up to it.

no one acts like a child like tommy boy he is a *

I wasn't impressed by pats last night. No running game at all and Ravens ran the ball down their throat. And no pass rush either, their dl really looked Un-athletic. They were fortunate to escape with a win and if they play Broncos they will need to step it up.

However Brady played great and showed why he's probably as good as any qb ever.

The Patriots didn't even try to run. I shouldn't have to remind a Colts fan about the Patriots' running game.

I agree about the d-line, though . Very poor performance.

I am sure Walden was angry but it is the refs discretion and if he was being profane towards him then that would draw the flag. Every ref is different and the crews that do the playoff games are not going to throw flags for yelling.

You don't have to worry about losing your job for throwing Walden out of a game. Brady is a different story. If it's a penalty in the regular season it's a penalty in the playoffs. Special treatment exists and it's not just for Brady.

You don't have to worry about losing your job for throwing Walden out of a game. Brady is a different story. If it's a penalty in the regular season it's a penalty in the playoffs. Special treatment exists and it's not just for Brady.

I don't know. I really didn't see the play the same way. He was yelling at the ref as were the Ravens players. I don't think any player super star or not gets flagged for what Brady did. I realize you guys want to make it a bigger deal cause its Brady but it was not that egregious.

The Patriots didn't even try to run. I shouldn't have to remind a Colts fan about the Patriots' running game.

I agree about the d-line, though . Very poor performance.

Don't remind me about their run game, remind Pagano/Manusky lol.

Yeah I know they didn't even try to run, they didn't expect much success vs ravens D. I agree with that and I think the Colts may have same gameplan vs Broncos. Why try something you probably won't be successful at and take plays away from Brady/Luck?

Life is good and I'll be rooting for the Colts today. I seriously can't understand anyone having a problem with Brady on that play. I know he's held to the highest standards but...

I dunno it's pretty aggressive towards the official, and he's not the only one, but it's realky obscure what you can and cannot do when approaching the refs.

I don't have a problem with what Brady did, but I also didn't have a problem with Walden knocking away an officials hand that was holding him.

Wish the NFL would just adapt the NBA policy of no messing with he officials, even to complain, or its a penalty, in theory at least.

I hate all the whining in the NFL and everyone does it lol.

I don't know. I really didn't see the play the same way. He was yelling at the ref as were the Ravens players. I don't think any player super star or not gets flagged for what Brady did. I realize you guys want to make it a bigger deal cause its Brady but it was not that egregious.

You are kidding yourself if you think certain players don't get special treatment. Brady and Manning get it more than anyone.You are just assuming it's only because it was Brady. If Luck, Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, etc.... whomever does that it should be a penalty. I'm an equal disdain person, Brady gets no special amount of dislike from me.

You are kidding yourself if you think certain players don't get special treatment. Brady and Manning get it more than anyone.You are just assuming it's only because it was Brady. If Luck, Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, etc.... whomever does that it should be a penalty. I'm an equal disdain person, Brady gets no special amount of dislike from me.

I never denied that super stars don't get special treatment. I just disagree that what Brady did warranted a flag in the first place.

I dunno- way the Broncs &PM playing now might rather play them lol

Yea, they were nothing short of awful tonight and Manning looked like a very average QB with zero arm strength on his throws..  Honestly its baffling, he has all those weapons and could only manage 13 points at home in his own stadium with the crowd on his side and everything...  Very bizarre, he has no excuses at all for that either...  Denver's defense played pretty well too, and if not for the strip sack on Manning that lead to points they did a pretty good job.

Yea, they were nothing short of awful tonight and Manning looked like a very average QB with zero arm strength on his throws..  Honestly its baffling, he has all those weapons and could only manage 13 points at home in his own stadium with the crowd on his side and everything...  Very bizarre, he has no excuses at all for that either...  Denver's defense played pretty well too, and if not for the strip sack on Manning that lead to points they did a pretty good job.

As terrible as the Broncos played tonight, I'd still rather play the team that you've dropped 42, 43, and 59 points on in your past couple meetings lol. Still don't think the Colts D is up to the task of taking down the Pats in Foxboro and still skeptical of their running game.

As terrible as the Broncos played tonight, I'd still rather play the team that you've dropped 42, 43, and 59 points on in your past couple meetings lol. Still don't think the Colts D is up to the task of taking down the Pats in Foxboro and still skeptical of their running game.

Wait you think the Pats are going to win?

Mind explosion.

:)

More to the whole Brady arguing with the ref over the Denver player..

Brady was poked right in the eye during that exchange, which is why he was so irrate and also why he was "in the refs face" because he was showing him the eye that got poked..

Theres a close up of Brady's eye after the game during the press conference and you can see the broken blood vessels where he was poked...

Context is our friend!

NQH23WU.jpg

More to the whole Brady arguing with the ref over the Denver player..

Brady was poked right in the eye during that exchange, which is why he was so irrate and also why he was "in the refs face" because he was showing him the eye that got poked..

Theres a close up of Brady's eye after the game during the press conference and you can see the broken blood vessels where he was poked...

Context is our friend!

NQH23WU.jpg

I was wondering why his eye was red. Good pick up. How did you ever figure that out.