Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We play New England if we win

Stephen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isnt a deserved Super Bowl win unless we beat Peyton and Brady. Imagine if we get passed them both, it would cement Luck's biggest fear and legacy. The only thing i would fear is that contract in the offseason if that happened :sigh:

But first, focus on getting a W tomorrow. Go Colts!

81Mc1lJ.jpg?1

It was a horrible call at 2nd and 5, but the reason they were probably in the game , was that they were taking chances all game. You have to play that way on the road. They scored 31, but NE went after our weak secondary and scored 35. The last long pass was not the best call, I would never have called it, but they went for it. It didn't work out, and that's the way it goes. They played hard, but just didn't do enough. No excuses.

I thought the Ravens game plan was the opposite actually. You matriculated the ball down the field all night with the short passing game to the TE and RBs and then Forsett pounding it. Joe only threw deep when he had a favorable match up. His throw at the end was not what the Ravens had been doing all night but Browner was out so he wanted to test Ryan but the safety was shading to Torrey. Just a bad decision at that moment that cost the chance to win the game.

I just don't want to see Brady get another ring. Pats fans won't shut up about the 3 he won a decade ago. Imagine what would happen if he got another one.

Well he has been there twice since his decade ago wins and lost both times to the same team no less. :popcorn:       Maybe they are trying for 3rd time is a charm. :dunno:

Ravens collasped like we all knew they would, the nfl is rigged as we all saw last week with the Cowboys.

Dear God...

1) Ravens got beat by a really good team who simply made one more than them.  

2) The NFL is not rigged.  Are you overly-paranoid Rob Lowe?

It isnt a deserved Super Bowl win unless we beat Peyton and Brady. Imagine if we get passed them both, it would cement Luck's biggest fear and legacy. The only thing i would fear is that contract in the offseason if that happened :sigh:

I am not sure I have seen a worse post.  The # of ways it is just simply wrong is staggering.

Winning a SB would be phenomenal for Luck and the Colts regardless of whom they beat. It's so incredibly difficult to get there and win; it's amazing regardless of who the other team's QB is.

I thought the Ravens game plan was the opposite actually. You matriculated the ball down the field all night with the short passing game to the TE and RBs and then Forsett pounding it. Joe only threw deep when he had a favorable match up. His throw at the end was not what the Ravens had been doing all night but Browner was out so he wanted to test Ryan but the safety was shading to Torrey. Just a bad decision at that moment that cost the chance to win the game.

the two times he forced it deep it was int

Winning against Denver is more important than winning against NE for me. At least if we lose to NE we made it to the AFC Championship and we know we're too inexperienced to beat them. I'm more concerned with beating Denver and Peyton Manning. Peyton going one and done against Luck writes itself.

Same as everyone else's? Yeah, that's not true. Some teams are just better than others therefore they do not have the same chance to win IMO. They can still win, but they need more to go right for them.

Some teams are better. But the odds are the same. Once your in. Keep winning and you stay in.

His shot was into triple coverage.

No it wasn't into triple coverage.  His receiver had his man beat one on one. Flacco just threw it too late allowing the safety to come over and make the interception in the end zone.  If Flacco could have released the ball earlier it could have been a big play.  Credit to the safety for making the play.  Receiver also needs to make an effort to bat that ball down or knock down the safety in that situation. 

We all are painfully aware of NE's track record the past 13 years but they did not bolt out of the shoot and win everywhere all the time. They gave up 28 points yesterday. They built what they have and hopefully the brain trusts in Indy are doing the same. Don't forget NE suffered an enormous embarrassment in the SB against the Bears. Remember, the Colts show a different team every time this year and if last weeks OL is as good and if Luck can throw like a batting practice machine we might be headed to New England. One thing is for certain the games played from now on until the end of this season will be anxious to watch by all the fans of all the teams.

I was thinking that as well.

I believe the Colts are going to upset Denver tomorrow.  We are going to Foxboro where our season will likely end.  However, while I still don't like our chances against New England...as a fan I want to go there now.  I am getting tired of all this talk about them wanting to face the Colts.  The Pats think the Colts are chumps...and will just roll over in Foxboro.  Sometimes the only way to go down is to face down the bully, stand there and punch them back in the mouth.  May not win the fight but there is confidence to be gained.  Baltimore did not fear going there.  Neither should the Colts.  I don't feel that New England respects this Colts team.  We have given them no reason to thus far in the Luck-era?  But if they become too overconfident and arrogant...well stranger things have happened. But first things first...gotta deal with faithful #18. 

The players don't think that no way no how. Certainly not BB. A lot of fans do so I totally get what you're saying.

Going against the pats in the luck era all I think about is 35 21 21 point loses

I think about giving up four rushing TDs this year and playoffs last year.

Granted we had no Wayne, Allen, Bradshaw in NE last year. I do remember it being a one TD game with the Colts driving in the fourth quarter, a missed trip call by the refs where Ninkovich trips a scrambling Luck forces a Colts punt, the defense tired from being out there all night gives up a huge TD run and then the game is blown wide open, Luck having to throw home run balls the rest of the time. They didn't have Gronk either though...

Either way, win today, then let Luck worry about joining Mark Sanchez as the only QB to beat Peyton and Brady back to back in the playoffs on the road.

Are other teams' official forums so defeatist?

I'm not predicting a SB trip and I have never minded the fact that Indy fans expect great things from the Colts every year. It's great to be a "spoiled" fan base... most of the critics are jealous fans of lesser organizations (IMO). However...

this "we stand no chance against NE" nonsense has got to stop. We have a legitimate shot to beat the Broncos and Pats. Much longer odds have played out in the NFL before. Both of those teams are superior to Indy in a ton of areas, but the Colts have the talent and guts to take out any other team in a one-and-done scenario.

We haven't lost yet... If you think that we can't win, you should probably just work on your angry 4 OL and 2 RB 2015 drafts and coach wishlists and leave the game watching to those if us who don't already know the outcome.

If everyone noticed from last weeks game against cincy the colts started the playoffs with a different  game plan then they had during the regular season so IMO the coaches have decided to change things up for the playoffs, Which is good for the team it also makes opposing coaches scratching their heads wondering what we are going to do. Kudos to the coaches for last week  

If everyone noticed from last weeks game against cincy the colts started the playoffs with a different  game plan then they had during the regular season so IMO the coaches have decided to change things up for the playoffs, Which is good for the team it also makes opposing coaches scratching their heads wondering what we are going to do. Kudos to the coaches for last week  

the different game plan = not forcing trent richardson to run 2 yards then fall down. glad they came to their senses when it was do or die time.

Same as everyone else's? Yeah, that's not true. Some teams are just better than others therefore they do not have the same chance to win IMO. They can still win, but they need more to go right for them.

FYI. Our chances increased from 1/8 to 1/4 :)

The Colts are two needed wins out of three away from the Super Bowl.  If you would have told me to bet the farm on the Colts beating Denver a month ago, I'd have said you were insane.  However, here we are, and I'm starting to think that the pats are a beatable team if the Colts game plan, and execute properly.  GO COLTS!