Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Baltimore (+7) @ New England (1-10-15)

Not sure what you are trying to say but I thought it was a completion and the play was dead

The play is only dead if the completion is made in the end zone.  When ball is lost one needs two feet plus a football move to have a completion (you may be more familiar with this when they are reviewing fumbles versus completions or completions versus incompletions that are challenged).  As we do not have the football move there is no completion, and as there is no completion the play is not dead in the end zone.  

The play is only dead if the completion is made in the end zone. When ball is lost one needs two feet plus a football move to have a completion (you may be more familiar with this when they are reviewing fumbles versus completions or completions versus incompletions that are challenged). As we do not have the football move there is no completion, and as there is no completion the play is not dead in the end zone.

right I am saying it was completed. Refs gaffed.

Well, it's quite clear that you're dead wrong in this situation . This play wasn't even reviewed. Perfect play by Moore.

so according to you, refs always get it right.

so according to you, refs always get it right.

Putting words in peoples' mouths again, I see .

Does that ever get old ?

Putting words in peoples' mouths again, I see .

Does that ever get old ?

Does it ever get old you straying out of topic?

Does it ever get old you straying out of topic?

I called you out about an incorrect claim that you made about an in-thread post .

Sorry that you have trouble understands that.

I called you out about an incorrect claim that you made about an in-thread post .

Sorry that you have trouble understands that.

Correct or incorrect is your opinion.

You mean "understanding" that?  :thmup:

This should be a fun game. Of course I hope the Ravens win, but I don't think it's likely.

right I am saying it was completed. Refs gaffed.

no it is NOT a completion.  Please reread my posts.  If you can not follow I can not help you.   For the third time when the ball is dislodged it is NOT a completion unless the player makes a football move after two feet which DID NOT happen. 

This should be a fun game. Of course I hope the Ravens win, but I don't think it's likely.

Yes it should be a fun game.  We will have to wait and see how it turns out.  Actually all four games will be fun this weekend.

Oh please. I don't care what the rankings were. Having Lewis and Reed, two HoFers and maybe the best at their positions to ever play the game made that Ravens D FAR superior to the Pats. To not acknowledge this is to deny logic.

And I have no issue with Tom being outplayed, he was. He said he played like doo doo after the game. But still does not discount that fact that he was facing a far superior defense and lost his best weapon in the fourth quarter AND still led the GW drive ...

The facts show it wasn't a superior defense. Ray was at the end of the line coming off torn arm tendons. Ed had arthritic shoulders and had lost a lot of speed. Sure they were old warriors and did a great job, but this wasn't a prototypical top Baltimore defense. I'm not taking anything away from Tom, in those two games he was statistically outplayed by Flacco.

One nit pick. Evans did not drop it. The NE DB chopped it out of his hands. It was a great defensive play.

also a bad play by the receiver......he was worrying about getting his feet in bounds when he didn't have to and let a soft swat at the ball jar it loose. He will never live that down

I think you are being a little too hard on Evans. The fact that the DB did what he did makes the securing of the ball difficult at best. The ball just arrived and the DB punched it out. Its not like the ball arrived Evans caught it and turned up field 3 steps and had time to get two hands on the ball and/or placed the ball in a secure position against his body. The act of catching ball is one act and the act the subsequently securing the ball is a separate. It is very rare that these act occur in the same motion simply because of where the ball arrives dictates this, which is partly on the QB btw. Now I am not blaming the QB on this play, but none the less a ball coming into the waist area of a WR who is falling backwards (and also needs to turn his body to get away from a defender) is not one of the types of catches where a catch and secure can happen in the same motion. So its not on Evans no matter how you spin.

It was no different then Amendola against Miami last year for a TD that would of won the game and secure the #1 seed for the pats. Brady threw the ball to where on Amendola could catch it, but because the defender was inside him the ball had to be delivered over his head to where Amendola caught it and as he came down the defender make a great play by throwing his hand up and dislodged the ball. Now we can blame Amendola, but the reality was the ball was thrown in the only place it could and was not in a position where he could both secure it and catch it before the defender could make a play.

I'm not going to go as far as to say it was a catch, only that any good receiver in that situation makes the catch and secures it. It's receiving 101 and Evans failed. Cundiff then choked on a 32 yard field goal. The sad thing is I think the Ravens matched up better with the Giants and would have won the SB in 2011. That Ravens team was better than the 2012 edition.

also a bad play by the receiver......he was worrying about getting his feet in bounds when he didn't have to and let a soft swat at the ball jar it loose. He will never live that down

I totally agree , and he and Cundiff are certainly the Bill Buckner of Baltimore.

The facts show it wasn't a superior defense. Ray was at the end of the line coming off torn arm tendons. Ed had arthritic shoulders and had lost a lot of speed. Sure they were old warriors and did a great job, but this wasn't a prototypical top Baltimore defense. I'm not taking anything away from Tom, in those two games he was statistically outplayed by Flacco.

It was FAR superior to the Pats that season. Check the stats on that. Never denied Flacco outplayed Brady but you can keep saying it if you want if it makes you feel good.

for New England in January..its not that cold

Great weather out there today. It is chilly, not cold and no wind. Pass game should be able to run just fine for both O's.

Great weather out there today. It is chilly, not cold and no wind. Pass game should be able to run just fine for both O's.

Getting ready to go to game party. Almost drove up to Foxborough, but too much to do today . Good luck to you guys, and we will analyze the game afterwards.

Getting ready to go to game party. Almost drove up to Foxborough, but too much to do today . Good luck to you guys, and we will analyze the game afterwards.

Good luck to you too. Should be a great game. Much discussion to follow ... always enjoy the break down with you.

Good luck to you too. Should be a great game. Much discussion to follow ... always enjoy the break down with you.

Yep, one way or another , there are always fun things to talk about. I'm not real happy about Hines Ward's two bit commentary about the Ravens. It's bad enough we have Raven's hater Collingsworth doing the game.

Yep, one way or another , there are always fun things to talk about. I'm not real happy about Hines Ward's two bit commentary about the Ravens. It's bad enough we have Raven's hater Collingsworth doing the game.

Is Ward doing the game? I can't stand him. Never did as a player and he is a terrible commentator. But this will be tough for him as I am not sure who he hates more the Ravens or the Pats? What say you?

Is Ward doing the game? I can't stand him. Never did as a player and he is a terrible commentator. But this will be tough for him as I am not sure who he hates more the Ravens or the Pats? What say you?

He is on pre game show. Already bashing Ravens and Pats.

GO RAVENS!! GO!!!

He is on pre game show. Already bashing Ravens and Pats.

Ha. I am sure he is still crying over this Steelers. This game is brutal for him. I bet he is somehow hoping for a tie with neither team advancing ....

Hines just said Revis was the best CB he ever played against. Expect a tweet from Sherman in about 5 minutes ...

Sugg's comments lmao

....should always be accompanied with subtitles. Can't understand a damn thing he says. 

....should always be accompanied with subtitles. Can't understand a damn thing he says. 

Lol.

Ravens get the ball first, so we're off to a bad start already...

Time for a quick punt and then for Brady to put this game out of reach.