Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cap Space-Has the 2014 rollover happened?

loudnproudcolt

I have asked this question before of the group, but the answer does not seem to be static, but a very dynamic answer. OTC numbers have changed recently on our cap space, I want to know does anyone know if the 2014 rollover of unused cap has gone into their calculations. Cap space for 2015 as of a week ago was about 33M on OTC. Today it is 39.5M. Looking at 2014, our cap space used was a little over 123M approximately. I believe we came to the conclusion we had a rollover of around 17M and cap space would be in the upper 40's for cap space. I cannot find if their is a specific date for the cap space rollover to happen. I did find an article saying the team must state in writing at the end of the regular season what the unused cap space rollover amount is, and present it to the NFL for acceptance.

I know the cap is fluid, but I would just like to know when we can lock down numbers for next year and what they will be. This is a critical offseason for signings, and hopefully a couple of key FA's. Any answers and thoughts as always is appreciated!

I have asked this question before of the group, but the answer does not seem to be static, but a very dynamic answer. OTC numbers have changed recently on our cap space, I want to know does anyone know if the 2014 rollover of unused cap has gone into their calculations. Cap space for 2015 as of a week ago was about 33M on OTC. Today it is 39.5M. Looking at 2014, our cap space used was a little over 123M approximately. I believe we came to the conclusion we had a rollover of around 17M and cap space would be in the upper 40's for cap space. I cannot find if their is a specific date for the cap space rollover to happen. I did find an article saying the team must state in writing at the end of the regular season what the unused cap space rollover amount is, and present it to the NFL for acceptance.

I know the cap is fluid, but I would just like to know when we can lock down numbers for next year and what they will be. This is a critical offseason for signings, and hopefully a couple of key FA's. Any answers and thoughts as always is appreciated!

I'm still interested in the Colts this season, not ready to pack it in and wait for next year.  There's football to be played!

Rollover isn't official until the start of the new league year. Teams still in the playoffs can still sign and release players in the 2014 league year, which affects their cap number for 2014, which is what the rollover is based on.

Edit: Between now and then, we'll also find out what the actual cap will be for 2015. Until then, all the other numbers and projections are to be treated as guesses.