Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry has earned starting job back.....?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah, that's what I got from his press-conference too. That's what I got from Ballard's presser earlier this month too - he will prefer addressing QB with a vet.    Yep. Ballard said something similar to that effect too - they think they are close. I think they are somewhat close, but I do think several positions(most important ones) need addressing and we will need injury luck. I don't think we are Matt Stafford away. I think we are Matt Stafford, good LT, good WR, good DE and good CB away... and that's assuming good health. In essence, my position right now is - if you are getting Stafford, you better be ready to address all those other positions or you are wasting your resources on a team that will ultimately come short.    That's the thing. I think there is a good option. Not ideal, but good. It's trading up in the draft for one of the top 4 prospects. I think all of them are high level prospects that can be franchise QBs. This is a good draft. This is the type of draft you trade up in for the guy you love. Here comes the less than ideal part - this would mean we probably take a slight step back next year. But again... we have SO MANY high value positions unaddressed that we might take a step back either way unless we are ready to go all in with Stafford. Right at this moment we are a worse team than last year. Our franchise LT just retired. Our QB just retired. We have TY, Houston, Autry, Rhodes, Walker, Carrie, Muhammad, Burton, Alie Cox ... to re-sign. So... our best WR, both our starting DEs, both our starting outside corners(by the end Carrie was getting more snaps than Rock), 2 of 3 TEs, our starting MIKE, our backup DE...   In essence we have 70M cap to address: QB, LT, 2xDE, 2xCB, MIKE, 1 or 2 WRs, possibly TE... I'm not sure we will be able to.    Holy moly, the more I look at our situation the more I don't like where we are and the more I think Stafford won't be enough to even get us to this year's level. I don't know... I have to rethink things... I might do another mock off-season post Senior Bowl to put my thoughts on paper and see how it shakes up if we have to trade up multiple high level picks for Stafford. 
    • Judging by what Irsay had to say at his year ender,  it doesn't look like that Ballard will wait to the draft to pull the trigger, unless he strikes out in a trade for every veteran we've talked about.   From Stafford, to Rodgers, to Ryan,  to Carr,  to Garropolo and so on....   Irsay was saying he, Ballard and Frank all think they're close.  (his words)  So, the quickest and most direct path to future success is a trade for a veteran (my words, but his implication)    Irsay didn't rule out a draft pick in April.     I suspect you're old enough to understand the concept I'm about to address.   I think one of the most interesting concepts adults deal with in all walks of life is that sometimes,  there are no good options.   There are only poor options or bad options.  And the job is to try and figure out which option is the least bad.   I'm not just talking sports,  but all things in life.   Sometimes there just are no good options.   And, I think the Colts are pretty close to being there.   But, you find the best choice there is and chalk it up to the price of doing business in the NFL.     What else can we do?   Sorry if this got preachy....    didn't mean for it to.  
    • You said Jameis Winston like a turn over machine is good for the team. I want a plus 14 turnover rate not negative 56
    • What us with you guys signing and keeping old washed up players......like really I want a football team not a retirement home.
  • Members

• NannyMcafee

NannyMcafee 1,628

• UKColt13

UKColt13 161

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• zibby43

zibby43 1,158

• stitches

stitches 7,596

• Chucklez