Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders

Ramblinwreck7

I think so too, i dont like the way the colts switch between caldwell and lefedge they should stick to one saftey and develop one.. switching in and out just keeps them from getting a feel for the whats going on in the game.

I think the reason they do it is one to give guys a rest but mostly to try to play to their strenghts. I think they try to get Caldwell in on running downs because he is sorta like a poor man's Bob Sanders and Lefeged in on passing situations.

Baccari Rambo. Great size and instincts. Has 7 picks on the year and even though he is a FS, scouts project him as a SS because of his tackling and strength

We need a SS who can come, start right away, and play well though if Melvin Bullit isn't brought back. Can Baccari Rambo do that? The only guy that I have a little confidence in being able to do that is Mark Barron.

I think the reason they do it is one to give guys a rest but mostly to try to play to their strenghts. I think they try to get Caldwell in on running downs because he is sorta like a poor man's Bob Sanders and Lefeged in on passing situations.

But that doesnt make sense at all, Bullit was not very good at tackling yet he started the whole time... Joe is practically the same size as bethea and he's a better tackler than bullit. I do agree with you that is why they are doing that but it doesnt make sense, i mean you can teach someone how to wrap up and play coverage but the colts are just switching in and out which im sure just complicates things a bit more... im sure teams take advantage of their substitutions up there as well.

Ramblinwreck7, i do believe he can start right away. Imo would be a great upgrade over bullit. Has better hands and tackling ability. And isnt always out of position. He isnt in many mock drafts because scouts believe hes gonna declare next year, as a senior. If he declares he could be the 2nd safety off the board. Mark barron is either a 1st or 2nd rounder, and we need those picks for o-line or CB

I would like to see Bob back under the following scenarios:

1. Minimum contract (I'm not sure how the new CBA is structured for that), but something in the area of 1 year $500 000. Then have it filled with incentives and performance bonuses.

2. As a coach or scout. Something tells me he would be a good coach, he has an aggressive mindset which is really lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Bring him in as DB coach or something small to start, then promote him if he is doing well

I wouldn't mind if the Chargers gave him a shot again next year or the Colts - that is if he's going to play. The only down side is you had better be prepared to have a plan B because chances are you're going to need it.

I agree with Superman, I think he'd make a great coach and I'd like to see him make the transition rather than keep destroying what's left of his body.

I would like to see Bob back under the following scenarios:

1. Minimum contract (I'm not sure how the new CBA is structured for that), but something in the area of 1 year $500 000. Then have it filled with incentives and performance bonuses.

2. As a coach or scout. Something tells me he would be a good coach, he has an aggressive mindset which is really lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Bring him in as DB coach or something small to start, then promote him if he is doing well

Yeah, I agree that it would be a good idea to bring him back for a minimum contract with incentives.