Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Rodgers be close to 100 percent Sunday?

amfootball

Not really a conflict of interest at all He is the VP of officiating, not a ref, Add in the fact he was with Stephen Jones who is on the completion committee with. Also it was during a preseason game.

Exactly...he holds a high position in officiating. Stephen Jones is Jerry's son, so it isn't surprising he would be on the bus. And I don't think it matters whether it was in the preseason or the regular season...he was getting buddy buddy and drunk with an actual NFL team bus, and he is expected to be impartial when calling a game for that team? Idk.

The NFL has strict rules on officials being "attached " in any way to particular football teams. It's of paramount importance that they do everything possible to screen officials and then monitor their behavior after signing them. With all the huge betting that takes place , any evidence of payoffs would destroy their game. 

That said , if it's common knowledge that he was on a Cowboy bus in the pre season and it was considered a violation , there would be zero chance he does that game. The thought that Jerry Jones would pay off an official is a huge reach. If there was a payoff , it would be from gamblers. But I have read and heard that the NFL takes huge effort in hiring people that would be above that kind of thing.

Sorry .. read the "bus thing" wrong. But I think the post can stay....

Meh, I still think something extracurricular took place. I'm sure fans had a reason to get suspicious long ago when the Steelers beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly...he holds a high position in officiating. Stephen Jones is Jerry's son, so it isn't surprising he would be on the bus. And I don't think it matters whether it was in the preseason or the regular season...he was getting buddy buddy and drunk with an actual NFL team bus, and he is expected to be impartial when calling a game for that team? Idk.

Where does it say he was drunk?

There are pictures of Goodell in a social environment with every owner and exec in the league

Where does it say he was drunk?

There are pictures of Goodell in a social environment with every owner and exec in the league

I'm assuming, of course. But I suppose it doesn't matter whether he was drunk or not. An official on a "party" bus is no bueno. Goodell is the Commissioner of the entire NFL, he even goes to different games. He isn't a referee.

I'm assuming, of course. But I suppose it doesn't matter whether he was drunk or not. An official on a "party" bus is no bueno. Goodell is the Commissioner of the entire NFL, he even goes to different games. He isn't a referee.

Blandino isn't a ref either and he also attends several games a year