Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Rodgers be close to 100 percent Sunday?

amfootball

Rodgers calf injury is more serious than I thought. He has not practiced at all since last week and is not expected to practice this week until after he is examined today, http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12129134/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-says-calf-better-examined-Wednesday

I did not think a calf would be that big of an issue. Is anyone familiar with the calf or had this type of injury that can shed some light? Having temps at 16 surely will not help him to get loose.

He's not close to 100%.    He's got (A) a slight tear in his calf muscle,  and (B) a significant strain of the muscle.

Two separate injuries.

If this were Andrew Luck,  people here would be hailing him for his heroic effort in playing through pain and with injuries that might lead to his leg being amputated!   (Hyperbole alert!)

Props to Rogers....    this will not be easy.    But,  hey,  at least the NFL got $70k from Suh for this....      :facepalm:

The Packers need to worry about the referees ignoring blatant calls more then they need to worry about Rodgers' leg I'm sure lol.

Saints fans have been trying to warn the world of the Goodelluminatti for the past 3 years lmao ....exactly why I am too crazy for them. :bag:

He's not close to 100%. He's got (A) a slight tear in his calf muscle, and (B) a significant strain of the muscle.

Two separate injuries.

If this were Andrew Luck, people here would be hailing him for his heroic effort in playing through pain and with injuries that might lead to his leg being amputated! (Hyperbole alert!)

Props to Rogers.... this will not be easy. But, hey, at least the NFL got $70k from Suh for this.... :facepalm:

He had the injury before suh stepped on him

Both injuries? Rogers had both?

Suh stepping had nothing to do with either one?

If so, I appreciate the correction.... thanks for the good 411. :thmup:

He injured his calf when he was scrambling . He left the game, came back in and that's when suh stepped on his ankle

Apparently he does. Or maybe the Fords didn't make any offers, ever consider that?

Um no, because the entire idea is ridiculous. The nfl would never take the chance to stage outcomes. They already have the golden goose. They wouldn't takea chance in ruining that. The conspiracy guy never sees the big picturer in their nonsense claims.

Um no, because the entire idea is ridiculous. The nfl would never take the chance to stage outcomes. They already have the golden goose. They wouldn't takea chance in ruining that. The conspiracy guy never sees the big picturer in their nonsense claims.

I'm not "the conspiracy guy". When have you ever heard me claim to believe in any sort of conspiracies? That said, its the ignorant guys who like to pretend that every little thing in life is all fine and dandy and whenever something strange happens it is ALWAYS coincidence. GTF. Something was definitely up in that game, it isn't something crazy people just came up with to tarnish the league.

I'm not "the conspiracy guy". When have you ever heard me claim to believe in any sort of conspiracies? That said, its the ignorant guys who like to pretend that every little thing in life is all fine and dandy and whenever something strange happens it is ALWAYS coincidence. GTF. Something was definitely up in that game, it isn't something crazy people just came up with to tarnish the league.

A bad call is a sign that sonething was definietly up in that game? I guess all games are staged then. If the cowboys lose this week, doesn't that destroy the theory that the last game was staged?

A bad call is a sign that sonething was definietly up in that game? I guess all games are staged then. If the cowboys lose this week, doesn't that destroy the theory that the last game was staged?

Who says games are staged? More like that game was possibly one that was paid off by Jerry Jones. And there was more than one bad no call in that game.

Rodgers at even 70% will be enough to put GB in the NFC title game. The Dallas parade is about to come to an abrubt ending. Green Bay at home is very, very tough and that entire team has hit their stride. I predict Romo struggles, as does the Dallas defense. It took Detroit committing countless defensive penalties late in the game this past week to even put Dallas in a position to get the win IMO...

If Jerry Jones had the potential to pay people off, why hadn't the Cowboys won a playoff game in nearly 20 years?

Who says everyone takes him up on every offer? Oh yeah and the Cowboys aren't actually IN the playoffs very much.

And who did he "pay off" exactly? How much would that take?

Aye caramba just stop quoting me if you're going to ask stupid questions. I'm not an owner of an NFL team. I don't pay people off so I can't answer your question. But the first people you can look at would be oh, Idk, the referees who ignored blatant calls. Starting with Blandino.

Aye caramba just stop quoting me if you're going to ask stupid questions. I'm not an owner of an NFL team. I don't pay people off so I can't answer your question. But the first people you can look at would be oh, Idk, the referees who ignored blatant calls.

So Jerry Jones took a chance bribing a ref. An offense that would lose him his team if caught. Makes total sense. What if the ref took the evidence of payment to the media? How much could the ref get for that type of info?

So Jerry Jones took a chance bribing a ref. An offense that would lose him his team if caught. Makes total sense. What if the ref took the evidence of payment to the media? How much could the ref get for that type of info?

Probably not as much as he could get from Jerry Jones. Why would Dean Blandino need to be on a Cowboys party bus anyway, and then officiating a game they are involved in? Seems fishy to me.

Probably not as much as he could get from Jerry Jones. Why would Dean Blandino need to be on a Cowboys party bus anyway, and then officiating a game they are involved in? Seems fishy to me.

Dean Blandino was on the bus in the preseason. Not before the playoff game.

I know. But doesn't that seem like a conflict of interest? A head referee doing who knows what on a team's official bus?

Not really a conflict of interest at all He is the VP of officiating, not a ref, Add in the fact he was with Stephen Jones who is on the completion committee with. Also it was during a preseason game.

I know. But doesn't that seem like a conflict of interest? A head referee doing who knows what on a team's official bus?

The NFL has strict rules on officials being "attached " in any way to particular football teams. It's of paramount importance that they do everything possible to screen officials and then monitor their behavior after signing them. With all the huge betting that takes place , any evidence of payoffs would destroy their game. 

That said , if it's common knowledge that he was on a Cowboy bus in the pre season and it was considered a violation , there would be zero chance he does that game. The thought that Jerry Jones would pay off an official is a huge reach. If there was a payoff , it would be from gamblers. But I have read and heard that the NFL takes huge effort in hiring people that would be above that kind of thing.

Sorry .. read the "bus thing" wrong. But I think the post can stay....