Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice Article On Luck Winning Unitas With Peyton Video

unitaswestand

I thought this was nice.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/nonsense-sp-andrew-luck-1210-20111209,0,4302289.story

Also, Luck saying he has no problem playing for a team with an established QB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/10/andrew-luck-has-no-qualms-about-joining-a-team-with-an-established-quarterback/

But, I guess it does make sense. Lets say he has to sit for 2-3 years, but then can be on a winning team for the next 12 years after that. i would take that over then playing right away for a team like Miami that will likely be bad for another decade. If nothing else, the Colts, other than this year, have shown they will consistently win. I am sure that is very appealing to Luck, even if he does sit.

After this year what makes you think we could have a winning team for the next decade? I just want to see this team win a game without Manning

I guess the question I would ask is I wouldn't I think that? As was pointed out, this team is mostly the same as the team that made the Super Bowl two years ago. The secondary has gotten weaker, the running attack and OLine better. I think with Manning playing, we would have won 10 games this year and made the playoff. I feel the biggest problem the team has had was Curtis Painter and his inept played. The constant 3 and outs put even more pressure on the defense.

Its odd the perception. I remember before the season thinking that with the new offensive lineman, if there was a solid running attack, the Colts could win it all this year. So Manning goes down, they are 0-12, and everyone acts like there is no talent on the team. These weaknesses have always been there. Manning covered them up well. So there is no reason for me to think if he was playing, they wouldn't return to the playoffs next year. After all, when your offense can put up 30 points a game, you can win a lot of games no matter how bad your defense plays.

So, yeah, I will say that I think if the Colts draft Luck and keep Manning, I think they have a very good chance of winning the SB next year. Manning always had the receivers. But with the better running attack, maybe get a corner at the top of Round 2 and sign a free agent. I see no reason why not. All evidence shows as long as Manning is back there, they likely will be in the playoffs.

I agree, however history has also shown us that a great O and poor D gets you to playoffs but doesnt get you the ring.I laughed at the "experts" who try to say the Colts just got bad this year. "Manning never played D, Manning never played ST" No? well they sure made it sound like it when ST allowed a onside kick, and defense couldnt stop brees. Manning played Defense then didnt he? ahh well, their ignorance is just something you have to either have to accept or change the channel. (personally i chose to change the channel.) If/when Manning comes back, what makes you think anything will change? He will have his offense clicking as always but the defense and ST will end it for him like every other year. They only have to put half a team around him and he can win it all. This is the only reason i dont want them to draft Luck. Im sure he will be great but unless he can play safety for 3 years he cant help us.

I agree, however history has also shown us that a great O and poor D gets you to playoffs but doesnt get you the ring.I laughed at the "experts" who try to say the Colts just got bad this year. "Manning never played D, Manning never played ST" No? well they sure made it sound like it when ST allowed a onside kick, and defense couldnt stop brees. Manning played Defense then didnt he? ahh well, their ignorance is just something you have to either have to accept or change the channel. (personally i chose to change the channel.) If/when Manning comes back, what makes you think anything will change? He will have his offense clicking as always but the defense and ST will end it for him like every other year. They only have to put half a team around him and he can win it all. This is the only reason i dont want them to draft Luck. Im sure he will be great but unless he can play safety for 3 years he cant help us.

You and I are on the same page. Yeah, I frankly hate the systems and the lack of help Manning gets. But, the NFL is a passing league now and if you have Peyton Manning with 3-4 good WRs, they are going to just outscore people. Don't mean the defense and ST doesn't suck and will ultimately cost them a SB shot. But its just so odd to watch a team that is 0-12 that would be 9-3 or 8-4 with Peyton.