Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Griffin Iii Wins The Heisman Trophy

Robert Griffin will just be an injured Michael Vick. He may have the skills, but he wont do his team any good on the bench. It's a miracle Cam Newton hasn't been injured yet, when he goes diving into the endzone and wanting to make people miss.

Actually he has had 3 good/great years. 2009 doesn't count because he got injured.

Good for him the Heisman is awarded for a single season not a career which is why I said he had a good year. It's getting pretty bad when you defind why you paid someone some praise and it's not enough praise.

Griffin isnt like Vick because he doesnt like to run first he likes to pass hes much more comparable to Aaron Rodgers. Also with Peyton teaching him how to read defenses and how to move in the pocket very rarely will he take shots.

It's not easy to teach pocket awareness, or at least that's what I've heard. It seems like it would be really difficult when to know when to step up or move around.

Well the good thing about Luck not winning the Heisman is most winners are busts in the NFL (Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch). Just Saying

Uh...what?

Roger Staubach

Ernie Davis

O.J. Simpson

Jim Plunkett

Archie Griffin

Tony Dorsett

Earl Campbell

Marcus Allen

Herschel Walker

Bo Jackson

Tim Brown

Barry Sanders

Desmond Howard

Eddie George

Reggie Bush (who's gotten better in Miami)

Tim Tebow (how's he doing?? Oh yeah, he's winning games...)

Sam Bradford (one of the best rookie QB seasons in NFL history; too bad Saffold and his line are terrible)

Mark Ingram (already a solid contributor in a pass-happy offense)

You said "most" end up busts in the NFL. That's not even close to reality. By the way, Vince Young didn't win the Heisman.

There are more Heisman winners who will contribute to the Hall of Fame than those who will be left out. Furthermore, winning the Heisman doesn't mean a player will be a bust in the NFL. It's not the "Outstanding Player Destined to Suck Award"... it's the best player in college football award.

I love how the Luckies can't make this about RGIII; they have to draw Luck into it. Just a few weeks ago, you were all talking about how he's a shoe-in to win it. Now you're saying the winners are busts at the next level. So I guess he was a shoe-in to be a bust... :P

It's not easy to teach pocket awareness, or at least that's what I've heard. It seems like it would be really difficult when to know when to step up or move around.

RGIII has pretty good pocket awareness as it stands, and he's the most accurate QB in college football. He's dynamic, but a little raw, which equates to a ton of upside. Luck is about as good as he'll ever get.

If I chose a QB first it would probably be Andrew Luck. Robert Griffin III looks very good though and I think he should stay for his senior season at Baylor.

The difference is, I don't think we need a quarterback so I don't want us to draft one!!!!!!!!! They all look like great guys though, but we already have Peyton Manning!

Uh...what?

Roger Staubach

Ernie Davis

O.J. Simpson

Jim Plunkett

Archie Griffin

Tony Dorsett

Earl Campbell

Marcus Allen

Herschel Walker

Bo Jackson

Tim Brown

Barry Sanders

Desmond Howard

Eddie George

Sam Bradford (one of the best rookie QB seasons in NFL history; too bad Saffold and his line are terrible)

You said "most" end up busts in the NFL. That's not even close to reality. By the way, Vince Young didn't win the Heisman.

There are more Heisman winners who will contribute to the Hall of Fame than those who will be left out. Furthermore, winning the Heisman doesn't mean a player will be a bust in the NFL. It's not the "Outstanding Player Destined to Suck Award"... it's the best player in college football award.

I love how the Luckies can't make this about RGIII; they have to draw Luck into it. Just a few weeks ago, you were all talking about how he's a shoe-in to win it. Now you're saying the winners are busts at the next level. So I guess he was a shoe-in to be a bust... :P

RGIII has pretty good pocket awareness as it stands, and he's the most accurate QB in college football. He's dynamic, but a little raw, which equates to a ton of upside. Luck is about as good as he'll ever get.

also add charles woodson to your list of winners who did amazing in the nfl.

Uh...what?

Roger Staubach

Ernie Davis

O.J. Simpson

Jim Plunkett

Archie Griffin

Tony Dorsett

Earl Campbell

Marcus Allen

Herschel Walker

Bo Jackson

Tim Brown

Barry Sanders

Desmond Howard

Eddie George

Sounds familiar.... oh yeah that's what people said about Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning in 1998. How's that working out?

I don't think that comparing Luck and RGIII makes a lot of sense. Luck comes from a pro-style offense and RGIII from a college spread offense. If you want apples to apples comparisons, then compare RGIII to Case Keenum and you'll see the RGIII doesn't stack up. Case Keenum's numbers are much better running a similar style of offense.

RGIII has had more dazzling highlights but Keenum has thrown for more yards, and has a similar completion percentage.

That's a pretty ballsy assumption assuming he's reached his peak. Nothing tells me he can't get better, I'm sure himself and Peyton Manning and most of the sports world would have to disagree with you. We all have our opinions though.

That being said I do like RGiii also..

Personally Im tired of our team getting ripped apart by qbs that can run the ball also. Why not us. We could bring him in by traded the luck pick and gettin a lot of picks for it. Then draft the heisman winner. Let him sit behind manning. He is a little raw so he could really learn alot. Luck is going to play no matter what. Thats the bottom line. He wont sit. And by the way. To the person that said they dont like the way RG3 conducts himself. Did you see his heisman speech? The man was very humble. So that is the weakest thing you could ever say

Personally Im tired of our team getting ripped apart by qbs that can run the ball also. Why not us. We could bring him in by traded the luck pick and gettin a lot of picks for it. Then draft the heisman winner. Let him sit behind manning. He is a little raw so he could really learn alot. Luck is going to play no matter what. Thats the bottom line. He wont sit. And by the way. To the person that said they dont like the way RG3 conducts himself. Did you see his heisman speech? The man was very humble. So that is the weakest thing you could ever say

What do you expect a Heisman winner to say? "oh im better than all these other guys thats why i won it"... Just ONE speech doesn't define ones character.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL!!! OK! Mr . Football, when you get a job running an NFL team, you can come back here and prove it first, then you can start making ridiculous statements like this with some credibility, until then you look absolutely foolish.

What do you expect a Heisman winner to say? "oh im better than all these other guys thats why i won it"... Just ONE speech doesn't define ones character.

And how the heck do you know his character? Are you around the guy all the time? Have you ever even met him? Not saying i have but the one speech he gave seemed to me like he's a pretty humble person. He was up there talking all hood. He was a very well spoken guy.

I don't think that comparing Luck and RGIII makes a lot of sense. Luck comes from a pro-style offense and RGIII from a college spread offense. If you want apples to apples comparisons, then compare RGIII to Case Keenum and you'll see the RGIII doesn't stack up. Case Keenum's numbers are much better running a similar style of offense.

RGIII has had more dazzling highlights but Keenum has thrown for more yards, and has a similar completion percentage.

Yeah I guess you forgot about the strength of schedule part, that's definitley not apples to apples. Robert Griffin III played a tougher strength of schedule than Andrew Luck.

Yeah I guess you forgot about the strength of schedule part, that's definitley not apples to apples. Robert Griffin III played a tougher strength of schedule than Andrew Luck.

My point is that comparing rGIII's numbers to Lucks numbers are misleading. Let's compare RGIII's numbers to Graham Harrel's, Case Keenum's, Timmy Chang's or Colt Brennan's. They all had ridiculous numbers and all played in the spread system.

My point is that comparing rGIII's numbers to Lucks numbers are misleading. Let's compare RGIII's numbers to Graham Harrel's, Case Keenum's, Timmy Chang's or Colt Brennan's. They all had ridiculous numbers and all played in the spread system.

And they all played different strengths of schedules... especially the non-automatic qualifying conferences. You could compare Graham Harrel, but that year there were several Big 12 quarterbacks ripping up the conference, guys like Chase Daniels, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Harrel as well.

Baylor strength of schedule - 34.0

Stanford strength of scedule - 33.4

Difference of a whopping .6

Baylor's record 8 - 3

Stanford's record 11 - 1

Using this as some kind of proof that RG3 is better is remarkably weak.

Baylor strength of schedule - 34.0

Stanford strength of scedule - 33.4

Difference of a whopping .6

Baylor's record 8 - 3

Stanford's record 11 - 1

Using this as some kind of proof that RG3 is better is remarkably weak.

Why don't you go look at the rankings of the teams they played instead of relying on other people. Oh, and Baylor has beatin several top ranked teams and Stanford hasn't...

Baylor has played a much harder schedule than Stanford.

And how the heck do you know his character? Are you around the guy all the time? Have you ever even met him? Not saying i have but the one speech he gave seemed to me like he's a pretty humble person. He was up there talking all hood. He was a very well spoken guy.

Chill out man. I never said I knew his character or hung around with him... And of course hes gonna be humble. Not rub it in everyones face. Im sure he's a great guy....

His pocket awareness is surreal he can make all the throws no matter how his feet are.

UMMMM first hes extremely humble being brought up by military parents. The guy is also incredibly smart but how about you do some research on him before you speak

I don't disagree with the first part about RGIII. WIth that said how on earth do you know Luck is about as good as he is going to get? You might think that and that's fine but it's far from a fact like you are presenting it as. People said that about Manning coming out of college too. The two major arguements against drafting Manning was that Leaf was a better physical prosepect than Manning (namely questions about Manning's arm strength) and that Manning had peeked in college and wouldn't get better in the pros. Great players who have the work ethic to be as good as Luck has been in college very rarely peek in college and tend to get better in the pros.

Yeah I dont think Luck is capped out on getting better but another thing we could def use RG3 in certain packages next year with Peyton using him to run maybe toss him the ball on a screen have him throw it from there etc etc while Luck im not so sure hes mobile but not fast for things like that just an idea