Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• IMO, when you sit as high in an organization as Ballard does, you don't go off and change previous decisions because of one year.  Ballard signed JB to starters money for two years and I think that decision will stand, if JB is still on the team after draft day.   Ballard is looking at the QB situation from the perspective of the 2021 season, not 2020, IMO.  Even if JB was the guy, CB still could not count on JB to be the starter in 2021 because he would have to tackle the big issue of contract, and who knows where that would lead.   He's looking at QB this draft because of the contract situation of his starter as much as anything, IMO.   Now, if an opportunity arises to upgrade the QB position at a reasonable cost, like trading up for Herbert or trading for Carr, then he pulls the trigger with the idea that the new guy will start next season.  That's why I said above "if JB is still on the team after draft day".   That's why I don't think signing Rivers much makes sense.  He's not changing anything significant about his future QB needs or how he would approach the draft.  There is only two minor things that makes it sensible, IMO: 1, The Colts get incrementally better play from the QB position next year than with JB.  Sorry, I don't think that will lead us to a materially different W-L record.  2.  He can draft his Qb of the future with his starting QB not looking over his shoulder or the locker room taking sides, which might happen if CB drafts Love when JB still wants a starting job in the NFL.  With Rivers, he's probably out of the NFL after his contract so the locker room is settled on the present and future with no favorites of one or the other. 
    • We need to do a player interest thread that can be pinned by the moderators??   @Nadine  @stitches
    • I like his tape. He’s beefy to only be 5’10” too.            
    • @Defjamz26 thanks for posting those... Here are all CBs that measured with 32" or longer arms:   Alabama CB Trevon Diggs Virginia CB Bryce Hall Nebraska CB Lamar Jackson Tulane CB Bopete Keyes Iowa CB Michael Ojemudia Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah Georgia Southern CB Kindle Vildor   Close but not quite there: TCU CB Jeff Gladney Temple CB Harrison Hand Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene  
    • Akers been on my watch list for a while now.  Productive college kid that broke a lot of tackles.  Dual threat RB/WR figured would go in R4-5.  Another similar RB wouldn’t mind Colts exploring is Lamical Perine from Florida.
  • Members