Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for Luck to take it to the next Level

mirobi

And become the next great QB. Not to say he is not good now. to many turnovers to be an elite QB.   and you can say no offensive line help thats an excuse. Your supposed to make everyone better with your play. look at Manning when he was here and Brady who's only been to the Super Bowl 5 times with not that great of offensive line help

Bengals 21

Colts 24

Poor Oline is just an excuse?? Brady looked horrible early in the yr when his line was playing bad....watch Peyton when he is getting consistent pressure.....mediocre. Amazing how much better Romo is with a good offensive line and a run game, but I guess that's just coincidence.

This team can't pass block, can't run block, can't stop the run, and has no pass rush, but you want Luck to take the next step....good luck with that.

It's been this way for three years. It's an odd form of torture giving us a QB that has this much potential and an open door to plant him on his back week in and week out.

Its would be Herculean effort for most QBs in this league to not crack and go off on the crap line that's in front of him. That to me is part of the Legend that is Andrew Luck.

And become the next great QB. Not to say he is not good now. to many turnovers to be an elite QB.   and you can say no offensive line help thats an excuse. Your supposed to make everyone better with your play. look at Manning when he was here and Brady who's only been to the Super Bowl 5 times with not that great of offensive line help

Bengals 21

Colts 24

I think you need to lay off the alcohol.  Have you seen the protection Brady gets the majority of the time.

Poor Oline is just an excuse?? Brady looked horrible early in the yr when his line was playing bad....watch Peyton when he is getting consistent pressure.....mediocre. Amazing how much better Romo is with a good offensive line and a run game, but I guess that's just coincidence.

This team can't pass block, can't run block, can't stop the run, and has no pass rush, but you want Luck to take the next step....good luck with that.

Umm I agree with most of what you are saying except we can stop the run minus the pats game and Luck definetly has the ability to step it up to the next level that's what makes him good, its sounds as if you are just trying to be negative about this team

Umm I agree with most of what you are saying except we can stop the run minus the pats game and Luck definetly has the ability to step it up to the next level that's what makes him good, its sounds as if you are just trying to be negative about this team

Just being honest....the colts just aren't very good.

Wow, that was painful....but true.

anything can happen playoff time, we are better than half the teams in the NFL in year 3 of the rebuild we have four players left from 4 years ago, we have had 11 wins every year since and have made he playoffs each year, Luck already has 1 playoff win with a mediocre team around him, I don't know what your complaining about we are just going to get better each year. Everybody thinks we should be elite now, it just doesn't happen in 3 years, its amazing that we are even at the point we are at in that time span after losing Manning and completely rebuilding the team. Imagine being a Browns, Jaguars, Raiders Bills fan where there teams have had decades of losing teams, I would consider us lucky

anything can happen playoff time, we are better than half the teams in the NFL in year 3 of the rebuild we have four players left from 4 years ago, we have had 11 wins every year since and have made he playoffs each year, Luck already has 1 playoff win with a mediocre team around him, I don't know what your complaining about we are just going to get better each year. Everybody thinks we should be elite now, it just doesn't happen in 3 years, its amazing that we are even at the point we are at in that time span after losing Manning and completely rebuilding the team. Imagine being a Browns, Jaguars, Raiders Bills fan where there teams have had decades of losing teams, I would consider us lucky

The colts are better than half the teams because they were lucky enough to get a good QB at the top of the draft. Their overall roster is pretty forgettable. And I was responding to the OP....I didn't post just to complain about the Colts.

Bengals 21

Colts 24

Peyton Manning had a LT (Glenn), a LG (Scott) and a C (Saturday)...with Howard Mudd coaching them, by the way.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Luck and Co. take the "next step", i.e. a trip to the AFFCG.

But among other things, that's gonna take 5 O-linemen individually looking themselves in the mirror and saying "I'm gonna win MY matchup" today....and then doing it.

Andrew can't run block and pass block for them.

It's been this way for three years. It's an odd form of torture giving us a QB that has this much potential and an open door to plant him on his back week in and week out.

Its would be Herculean effort for most QBs in this league to not crack and go off on the crap line that's in front of him. That to me is part of the Legend that is Andrew Luck.

The second paragraph reminds me of jay cutler and J'Marcus Webb a few years back.

Legend?

Don't say legend yet because if he retires tomorrow he would not go into the hall of fame

He consistently has to wait till his receivers make their break before he has the courage the throw the ball.

Sometimes they are wide open right in front of him and he can`t throw it!! There is an Andrew problem when it comes to many of the hits and fumbles. I`m thinking by the end of season 5 he will have improved a good deal.

I think you need to lay off the alcohol.  Have you seen the protection Brady gets the majority of the time.

There's a special spot in the NFL forum for Brady posts. We don't need a Pat fan to discover this kind of talk and turn this into yet another Tom Brady thread.

Luck has been by far the most productive QB of his class the last three years. He has a great deep ball, and he is very good at throwing on the run. Due to the fact we don't throw slants or screens very much, he is taking a higher risk of throwing interceptions. He also throws down field more than most QBs. His interceptions have almost all been cause by tips. He tends to throw a little to high. I think with an off-season to work on that, he will get that down. If you take any other quarterback and put him on this team other than maybe Rodgers, you will likely get the same result if not worse. So to the original poster's question, I would say he is already taken that jump to "elite" status. It is just hidden behind an awful line. His receivers dropped a league-leading amount of balls. Luck is just waiting for his team to catch up to him and for a little bit of better coaching to become the dominant QB we want and expect him to be. IMO he will be rated the No. 1 QB after next season.

Bengals 21

Colts 24

So you think Luck .should do it alone without no help from O-line, he should throw perfect passes with practically 0 time in the pocket and with non-existing running game? Manning won his sole title when he was protected by the O-line and was assisted by running game. Brady is supported by decent running game too, QBs considered as 'elite' are protected by their O-line and have eons to pass.

Too many turnovers? The number of his INTs is high, still INT/pass attempt ratio is rather average (2.5% contrary to NFL's average 2.4%).

Besides, I truly think coaching stuff spared Luck for the playoffs since offseason was secured (last 3-4 gamedays) so he was held back, just my 2 cents.

He needs to take a, Andy dalton type of step up, if we're going to do anything at all.

I don't think that is a fair statement...   When the OL was healthy early they played VERY well on O...   But they have since started 11 different starting OL combinations.     That is just tough for any QB to deal with.        Oh and the run game?   No Brad .. no run.

but on D...    this team needs help.   They can dominate BAD QB's ...  but the REALLY GOOD QB's ...     BURN our tails..   up. .

And it is all about pass rush .      No heat on the QB is not good.        Indy will fix it.   

I think they beat Cincy, and if Balt beats Pitt....    I like Indy's chances @ Denver.