Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Qb Will Need Extra Pads As Ravens Are Sack Masters

bayone

FEW EXCERPTS FROM ARTICLE that covers ever game & dissects each team separately

National Football Post

RAVENS

Don’t be surprised if: The Colts' quarterback might need extra pads today. The Ravens lead the NFL with 41 sacks and sacked 49ers quarterback Alex Smith nine times. They lead the NFL with 27 sacks at home.

The X-Factor: Can the Baltimore Ravens keep it up without Ray Lewis?

During the three games without Lewis, opponents are averaging 13.3 points. The defense has recorded 14 sacks, forced five turnovers and limited opponents to average totals of 295 yards of total offense and 83 rushing yards.

COLTS

The X-Factor:

Orlovsky is an experienced quarterback, and knows a thing or two about playing through adversity (he quarterbacked the 0-16 Lions in 2008). He's also highly motivated to help the Colts win a game seeing as he does not want to have two 0-16 seasons on his resume.

Don’t be surprised if: The Ravens have played down to their competition all season, and they might do so against the Colts this Sunday.

The real test is whether or not the Colts defense can stop Ray Rice. If Rice has a field day, the Colts have absolutely no chance. If they stop Rice and force Joe Flacco to throw more than he's used to, the Ravens are then a bit more vulnerable.

http://www.nationalf...ecast-9155.html

short passes to garcon and some draws to donald brown... id say is some good ways to counter that... then again the ravens like blitzing and orlovsky looks pretty accurate with his deep ball so that could be of an advantage, either way should be a good game.

short passes to garcon and some draws to donald brown... id say is some good ways to counter that... then again the ravens like blitzing and orlovsky looks pretty accurate with his deep ball so that could be of an advantage, either way should be a good game.

Fact that we had that comeback & showed that Orlovsky can pass with accuracy should make Ravens more aware not to let down guard against Colts as a lessor opponent as article has said they did in past , all losses Vs baf d teams like Jags

your strategy is sound if Orlovsky has time to throw when blitzed and its recognized, Our OL must step up, Hopefully some FB led runs by Brown can f help,

Clark back as an outlet may also help as will angerer if he can play to at least maybe keep runs short

Wish we had Nevis Vs The Run & Rice

Much like spotting Polamalu while playing the Steelers, know where Ed Reed is. The middle of the field for the Ravens is a place where Dallas Clark and Collie can cause a little damage since Dawan Landry is not in tandem with Ed Reed, they take chances because it is hard to see over the Ngatas and Reddings of the D-line often in the middle. I would go shotgun to get a better view of the movement and work the middle of the field more and once Ed Reed starts coming up more, go to the outside WR he is not leaning towards. Ravens' DBs love to take chances if they have safety help, so a double move on the side without safety help will slow their DBs down a bit.

Just pick Peyton's brain, he played shotgun a LOT in that playoff game at the Ravens, and has a ton of experience playing them :).

Since they're such great sackers and pass rushers, we should go for quicker passes (slants, screens), and add extra blockers in the backfield and on the line. Would like to see Eldridge get some time on the line for blocking purposes and it would be good to put Joe in the backfield blocking just for extra protection. Dan needs to time.

Fact that we had that comeback & showed that Orlovsky can pass with accuracy should make Ravens more aware not to let down guard against Colts as a lessor opponent as article has said they did in past , all losses Vs baf d teams like Jags

your strategy is sound if Orlovsky has time to throw when blitzed and its recognized, Our OL must step up, Hopefully some FB led runs by Brown can f help,

Clark back as an outlet may also help as will angerer if he can play to at least maybe keep runs short

Wish we had Nevis Vs The Run & Rice

I almost forgot about Nevis being out on IR, the colts might have some trouble stopping the run, i really hope they are able to do so cause i doubt the ravens can beat the colts by passing the ball, Joe is a good QB but his WR's arent the best crop out there.

I think we are looking at disaster tomorrow. A bad quarterback against a very good defense.

An opponent highly motivated for some payback after 10 years of defeats including several blowouts.

An opposing crowd who actively hates the Colts and will be screaming for blood the whole time.

A very strong opposing running game against a very suspect run defense.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here but I expect this game to get very far out of hand.

I think we are looking at disaster tomorrow. A bad quarterback against a very good defense.

An opponent highly motivated for some payback after 10 years of defeats including several blowouts.

An opposing crowd who actively hates the Colts and will be screaming for blood the whole time.

A very strong opposing running game against a very suspect run defense.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here but I expect this game to get very far out of hand.

On offense your only as good as your QB flacco isnt at his best right now, the same thing goes for the defense with the MLB so i expect this game to be closer than what ppl think... i was wrong about Orlovsky the guy was showing he can spread the ball... 24-21 Ravens win... but the colts can win as well if they limit the mistakes.