Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+ 3 1/2) @ Pittsburgh (1-3-15)

oldunclemark

Flacco threw against a pathetic Pats' D that ranked out of the top 29. In 2011 I believe the Pats had the worst D in the history of he NFL to make the playoffs. In the 2012 AFC title game Talib got injured in the first quarter and no one could cover Boldin after that.

The Pats aren't afraid of anyone now that they got Revis and Browner back there. And a healthy Gronk.

I'm not saying the Ravens can't beat the Pats, anyone can on any day, but I think it will be different this time since both teams are different in many ways.

I'm not predicting a Ravens victory against NE, heck, it will take all we got to get a win in Pittsburgh. Like I said earlier , there is a lot of history going against us up there. I think the expectations in Baltimore are much lower than in 2011 and 2012. Even in 2012, we limped into the playoffs.

Joe Flacco is coming to town !!!!

Congrats to you and your team Crow. You know how much I hate the Steelers so this one felt particularly good to watch. The Ravens never really let the Steelers get going in that game. Ben had maybe one of his worst playoff performances. They needed him to be better in Bell's absence but it goes to show how hard it is to win when you are missing your number one offensive weapon.

And Joe? What can you say? He was putrid for stretches of that game and then came up with THE plays to the Smiths to win it. He is now 10-4 and has never been one and done in the post-season. Also, Ben is now 10-5 and has not won a playoff game since 2010 when he beat the Jets in the AFCCG. Harbaugh deserves a lot credit for his game plan in that game on both sides. He flat outcoached Tomlin who for some reason thought he should keep with the run in the second half when it was working at all.

In terms of the Pats, I am looking forward to it. The Pats have had the toughest schedule all year so it makes sense to get the toughest match up in the divisional against an opponent who plays a style that has bothered them over the years. I feel our tight games vs GB, SD and the Jets should have prepared us well for the type of knock down, grind it out game it is going to be.

I look forward to discussing it with you all week but for now enjoy your win over your most hated rival. I know that must feel so good. :)

Congrats to you and your team Crow. You know how much I hate the Steelers so this one felt particularly good to watch. The Ravens never really let the Steelers get going in that game. Ben had maybe one of his worst playoff performances. They needed him to be better in Bell's absence but it goes to show how hard it is to win when you are missing your number one offensive weapon.

And Joe? What can you say? He was putrid for stretches of that game and then came up with THE plays to the Smiths to win it. He is now 10-4 and has never been one and done in the post-season. Also, Ben is now 10-5 and has not won a playoff game since 2010 when he beat the Jets in the AFCCG. Harbaugh deserves a lot credit for his game plan in that game on both sides. He flat outcoached Tomlin who for some reason thought he should keep with the run in the second half when it was working at all.

In terms of the Pats, I am looking forward to it. The Pats have had the toughest schedule all year so it makes sense to get the toughest match up in the divisional against an opponent who plays a style that has bothered them over the years. I feel our tight games vs GB, SD and the Jets should have prepared us well for the type of knock down, grind it out game it is going to be.

I look forward to discussing it with you all week but for now enjoy your win over your most hated rival. I know that must feel so good. :)

Thanks. I think this was a feel good win for multiple fan bases for multiple reasons. It's nice to proceed in the playoffs after such a tough season with 19 on the IR , and so many off the field issues.

I had this game totally wrong...

Baltimore is just a power team and they can manhandle you...

..after the first series I thought they had little chance but they got stronger as the game went longer

Don't feel bad, many in Baltimore didn't feel good about this game. When Forsett fumbled, then Brown caught the long pass, we all thought, here we go again. I thought it would be close, and was hopeful , but this was no sure thing. The Ravens were 0-3, the old Baltimore Colts 0-2, and the Orioles 0-2 in World Series against Pittsburgh teams in the playoffs. We were backing into the playoffs, while the Steelers were coming in strong. Like I said, history was against the Ravens and Baltimore, but they overcame the challenge , like they got through all the negative Ray Rice stuff, and tons of injuries. No matter what happens, Harbaugh did a heck of a job this year under great adversity.

That's a really good point about Harbaugh..

..He's a non-spectacular steady hand at the wheel....and I think his QB reflects that...

..and I had forgotten the entire season story..life was rough for them early..some hard losses

..and then this......smacks of 2 years ago, doesn't it?

..He's a non-spectacular steady hand at the wheel....and I think his QB reflects that...

..and I had forgotten the entire season story..life was rough for them early..some hard losses

It sure would be nice, but it's different team and circumstances. No Ray retirement, no Ed Reed. However, this team was rebuilt nicely, but has really faced a staggering amount of injuries, including losing five cornerbacks. One constant is Flacco, who seems to save his best efforts for the playoffs. I know Colts fans want us to take out NE, then come into Indy and be an easy mark, but if we do make it that far, remember , we got blown out in the past by Houston and Denver in the regular season, then Flacco beat them in the playoffs. I don't know how far the Ravens can go, but they won't be an easy out.

I'll make my prediction now.

I nervously cautiously predict a close Patriots victory.  I think the Pats have a 55% chance of winning.

I give the Pats the slight edge in this match up because the Pats have some players now that they didn't have in the last two AFC title games...

Gronk

Wright

Lafell

Tyms

A deeper running game...

Blount

Gray

Bolden

And defense...

An actual legit deep secondary that can cover...

Revis

Browner

And Wilfork will be in this game and he wasn't last year.

I'll make my prediction now.

I nervously cautiously predict a close Patriots victory. I think the Pats have a 55% chance of winning.

I give the Pats the slight edge in this match up because the Pats have some players now that they didn't have in the last two AFC title games...

Gronk

Wright

Lafell

Tyms

A deeper running game...

Blount

Gray

Bolden

And defense...

An actual legit deep secondary that can cover...

Revis

Browner

And Wilfork will be in this game and he wasn't last year.

There is no doubt the Patriots will be heavily favored. There are only about seven starters left from that 2012 Ravens team, so it will be many new different match ups. This Baltimore team is much younger, but faster. There is still leadership with Flacco, Suggs, and Ngata , who are teaching the younger and newer guys , how to play teams like the Steelers and Patriots. I do think NE had plugged many of the holes they had in 2011 and 2012. The good thing for the Ravens is they blew up their organization, and got younger , and made it back to the playoffs. They have nothing to lose here because most will predict them to lose. Expect them to play and hit hard like all other Raven's teams.

No Lewis though, but good grief is it eerie.

No Lewis though, but good grief is it eerie.

It really is , with Flacco coming alive again. Right now, CJ Mosley is better than Ray at the end of his career. If Webb, Melvin, Hill, and Stewart can stabilize the secondary with our very good front seven, it could be intriguing.

There is no doubt the Patriots will be heavily favored. There are only about seven starters left from that 2012 Ravens team, so it will be many new different match ups. This Baltimore team is much younger, but faster. There is still leadership with Flacco, Suggs, and Ngata , who are teaching the younger and newer guys , how to play teams like the Steelers and Patriots. I do think NE had plugged many of the holes they had in 2011 and 2012. The good thing for the Ravens is they blew up their organization, and got younger , and made it back to the playoffs. They have nothing to lose here because most will predict them to lose. Expect them to play and hit hard like all other Raven's teams.

I think the Ravens' secondary played amazing...

Are all their best CB's on IR?  Will any be playing against the Pats?

I think the Ravens' secondary played amazing...

Are all their best CB's on IR? Will any be playing against the Pats?

Jimmy Smith , their best corner, is out for the season, and has been gone for awhile. Webb was coming off a second ACL and bad back, will be playing , and is finally looking like his old self. The wild card is 6' 2" Melvin, a corner the Ravens got off the Miami practice squad , who looks great. Asa Jackson is gone, and they signed Corson , a Panthers cut. Not much depth , but they've played solid the last four weeks. Brady, of course, will be a challenge.

It really is , with Flacco coming alive again. Right now, CJ Mosley is better than Ray at the end of his career. If Webb, Melvin, Hill, and Stewart can stabilize the secondary with our very good front seven, it could be intriguing.

If the Colts don't make it, I'm most definitely rooting for the Ravens. I'm for sure a fan on Saturday.

It sure would be nice, but it's different team and circumstances. No Ray retirement, no Ed Reed. However, this team was rebuilt nicely, but has really faced a staggering amount of injuries, including losing five cornerbacks. One constant is Flacco, who seems to save his best efforts for the playoffs. I know Colts fans want us to take out NE, then come into Indy and be an easy mark, but if we do make it that far, remember , we got blown out in the past by Houston and Denver in the regular season, then Flacco beat them in the playoffs. I don't know how far the Ravens can go, but they won't be an easy out.

No Ray and No Reed././but Elvis and the LB from Alabama and a fewothers.

And the nose guard has restded 4 weeks..

Its a different team but the ravens were done at Denver 2 years ago with a minute to play and won...

I worry about their O-line..but this team has history to fall back on

No Ray and No Reed././but Elvis and the LB from Alabama and a fewothers.

And the nose guard has restded 4 weeks..

Its a different team but the ravens were done at Denver 2 years ago with a minute to play and won...

I worry about their O-line..but this team has history to fall back on

Monroe could return , but Hurst and Urshal handled the Steeler pressure well last night. The O line has allowed very few sacks, which is why Flacco has had a much better year.

2 years ago..didn't they switch positions in the O-line two weeks before they played Denver?

...You can slap the line together late if people get healthy

I think they did. McKinnie was put back in by Harbaugh after being in the doghouse. Ngata is back like Ray was, it is a little scary , along with the Colts , Broncos, and Patriots still being in, teams they beat that year. No Kaepernick, but Wilson is there. Would be nice, wishful thinking.