Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duron Carter Visiting Colts Next Week

Bluefire4

The kid hasn't proved a dang thing in the NFL and people are talking like he is the second coming of Marvin Harrison or something.  If he wants to go to a crappy team like the Vikings because they offer him too much let him go there and never get a SB ring.  There is plenty of more talented WRs out there with no baggage that would love to come here and win championships with Luck and company.

Pass if he is trying to be demanding.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure his dad will tell him it's a no brainer. You go with the team with the best qb and potential

Not necessarily.  "IF" he does turn out to be decent, I think he would fit in well w Minnesota.  He could play a major role for the Vikings unlike Indy due to the depth for each team.  Also Bridgewater is better than most people think.  I didn't realize how high his completion percentage was.  I forget what an analysis said, but I believe he was close to having the best completion% as a rookie QB in NFL history.  I may be wrong, but it was something crazy like that. 

On top of the obvious reason his Dad was a legend for the Vikings franchise, I think he would be a great fit in Minnesota.

I'm not opposed to signing him, but some of the Colts fans are always looking for the next best thing.  I truly think it would be in our best interest to let Reggie retire, resign Nicks to a 3-5 year deal and forget about Carter.  If anybody thinks Carter would be the future they're kidding themselves.  He would play a similar role of what Nicks is this season.  More than likely his crappy attitude would hinder his performance and it wouldn't work out.  Nicks has already passed the learning curve and has proven (despite what some fans may think) that he can be a big contributor if he has a major role in the offense.  He has had a great morale even being frustrated because Luck and Pep doesn't include him like he deserves.  Luck and Nicks' chemistry was off for 3/4 of the season.  He sure doesn't have any problems catching passes from Hasselbeck. 

Having TY, Moncrief, and Nicks with 1 more quiet non egotistic WR would be absolutely fine.  Reggie is merely a decoy, and taking up a position at this point.  TY is Lucks go2 guy and that's not going to change, and Moncrief is a hybrid of a deep threat because of speed, also can go up and catch a jump ball with his height.  Moving forward they are our top 2.  From that aspect, who would you really think could fill the #3 role the best.  Nicks who already learned the playbook and can contribute if included, or Carter, who has a not so favorable history, and will take some time to catch up.    

We need to sign this kid ASAP. He has loads of potential and IMO will be an Immediate impact player. However, with Wayne and Nicks hopefully leaving/retiring I'd also draft a WR early. My goal would be DGB in the 2nd. Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, Green Beckham, Whalen would be solid IMO.

Nicks has been coming on pretty strong these past few weeks.  Luck said a few times earlier in the season that he and Nicks were still working on getting on the same page -- it seems like it is finally happening.  We might be lucky that he didn't produce a ton earlier in the year because it means we may be able to sign him back for pretty cheap.  I'd be for bringing him back as the #3/4 WR for sure.  I also hope Reggie sticks around for another year or 2.  He was very strong prior to hurting his triceps and his knee should continue to get stronger with an offseason to rest and continue rehab.  Of course, he'd have to be willing to take a pay cut, but I think he'll realize he'll have a very strong shot at a SB and he's very close (1 average season away) to surpassing Marvin and putting himself into the 2nd spot behind Jerry Rice (and tony gonzo) in many receiving categories except TDs.

Uh oh..

Free agent WR Duron Carter said the Vikings are his "top choice."

Carter worked out for the Vikings' front office and coaching staff on Friday. He's also visited with Colts and Chiefs, and has drawn interest from the 49ers. Carter can't sign with a team until next month, but the Vikings should be considered the favorites to land him. He's reportedly seeking a signing bonus in the range of $100,000 on a three-year deal.

That is just that person's opinion... I didn't see Carter retweeting anyone else saying that the vikings are the favorite to sign him.

@DC_CHILLIN_8 #Colts reportedly are still favorite to sign CFL Star Wideout Duron Carter: http://horseshoeheroes.com/2014/12/23/colts-still-favorites-sign-cfl-star-duron-carter/  #NFL

Well I guess Griggs needs to make him a offer he can't refuse.

Umm, no offense, but no. You don't make an unproven receiver, who's never played in the NFL, a offer they can't refuse. If he chooses the Vikings then so be it. He's ignorant, but so be it.

At this point, I'm not really in favor of signing him. There are too many negatives for me that have to not happen for this signing to be successful. I know he is practically risk-free, but if he has attitude problems or turns out to be a dud, it could cost us a chance to re-sign someone like Hakeem Nicks or even worse, draft a WR that fell to us and we passed on because we signed Carter. I'd rather draft someone like Jalaen Strong or TY Montgomery and have them grow into a great Receiver for us. They are probably better already, they don't have the baggage, and they are a couple years younger than Carter. Sometimes if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Let Grigson do his homework, and pick a great receiver out of the draft.

At this point, I'm not really in favor of signing him. There are too many negatives for me that have to not happen for this signing to be successful. I know he is practically risk-free, but if he has attitude problems or turns out to be a dud, it could cost us a chance to re-sign someone like Hakeem Nicks or even worse, draft a WR that fell to us and we passed on because we signed Carter. I'd rather draft someone like Jalaen Strong or TY Montgomery and have them grow into a great Receiver for us. They are probably better already, they don't have the baggage, and they are a couple years younger than Carter. Sometimes if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Let Grigson do his homework, and pick a great receiver out of the draft.

I think the colts should cover their bases by signing Carter AND drafting another WR.  That way, if Carter is a bust, or Nicks decides to sign with another team, the Colts will still have another young receiver for Reggie to mentor.  If Carter turns out to be a stud, the Colts will once again be loaded with talent and depth at the WR position.

Also Bridgewater is better than most people think. I didn't realize how high his completion percentage was. I forget what an analysis said, but I believe he was close to having the best completion% as a rookie QB in NFL history. I may be wrong, but it was something crazy like that.

Yes, you're right. Bridgewater had the 3rd best completion percentage among rookie QBs in NFL history, behind Ben Roethlisberger and RG3.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/vikings/286978151.html

That is just that person's opinion... I didn't see Carter retweeting anyone else saying that the vikings are the favorite to sign him...

"...per the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

"It went really well," said Carter, the 23-year-old son of Vikings Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter. "I met everybody and it looked really good. I like Minnesota, I like the facilities, I like the coaches and everything. It seems like things are looking up. I would say Minnesota is probably my front-runner right now."

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/1/10/7524007/duron-carter-to-minnesota-gaining-momentum

Being a Vikings fan, I would rather stay with the WRs we have.

Yes, you're right. Bridgewater had the 3rd best completion percentage among rookie QBs in NFL history, behind Ben Roethlisberger and RG3.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/vikings/286978151.html

"...per the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

"It went really well," said Carter, the 23-year-old son of Vikings Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter. "I met everybody and it looked really good. I like Minnesota, I like the facilities, I like the coaches and everything. It seems like things are looking up. I would say Minnesota is probably my front-runner right now."

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/1/10/7524007/duron-carter-to-minnesota-gaining-momentum

Being a Vikings fan, I would rather stay with the WRs we have.

Thanks, would suck to miss out on him, being a low risk high reward player, I'm kinda surprised the Patriots aren't all over this.

Id guess his SB is significantly more than $100,000 to his team of choice. Garcoń chose RGIII over Luck when it came down to money so I'd guess Carter would do the same. Luck is way more accomplished than Teddy but if Carter believed he would have more balls thrown his way to improve his chances for a much bigger payday on his second contract, I'd guess he would go to that team over just the luxury of playing with Luck.

One could argue that the luxury of playing with Luck to obtain a bigger contract didn't work out well for Nicks. That could be a factor in how he views going to Indy and being down the tree with TY, Moncreif, Fleener and possible RW still vs whoever is up in minny.

Thanks, would suck to miss out on him, being a low risk high reward player, I'm kinda surprised the Patriots aren't all over this.

Their last cfl signing didn't work out so well

That is just that person's opinion... I didn't see Carter retweeting anyone else saying that the vikings are the favorite to sign him.

@DC_CHILLIN_8 #Colts reportedly are still favorite to sign CFL Star Wideout Duron Carter: http://horseshoeheroes.com/2014/12/23/colts-still-favorites-sign-cfl-star-duron-carter/ … #NFL

That Colts report is old and an opinion. The Vikings talk came straight from Duron Carter himself.

It isn't like this guy is another Beckam or something.  We can get a better WR in the draft.

The only advantage is saving an early draft pick, but maybe that's for the best because Chuck will probably just screw up the pick by reaching again for some over-valued under-talented defensive player for his "Monster".

It isn't like this guy is another Beckam or something. We can get a better WR in the draft.

The only advantage is saving an early draft pick, but maybe that's for the best because Chuck will probably just screw up the pick by reaching again for some over-valued under-talented defensive player for his "Monster".

When did chuck become the GM?