Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian billick has colts as one and done.

Stephen

I go through phases where I have blind loyalty & say I don't give a crap what the INDY naysayers claim & at other times; our lack of a reliable ground game troubles me immensely. Where at I at right now? 

The Bengals running game with Bernard & Hill is very troublesome for us, but QB Andy Dalton will throw at least 2 picks so I like our odds this weekend. 

In addition, CB Terence Newman has a history of getting penalties called against himself a lot so that should give Luck about 3 extra 1st downs. 

Other than Jeff Saturday, does INDY have any other loyal football broadcasters giving us a thumbs up victory this weekend? I doubt it. What's Shannon Sharpe think? He never minces words & I rarely see him on NFL CBS anymore on Sundays...

Solomon Wilcotts is usually fair minded & reasonable too...They don't have to blindly swear an oath of allegiance to my Colts, but I do respect their opinions. 

He lists us as most likely to be one and done.

You mean like Brian's coaching career? 1 stop in Baltimore & done like a movie that skips the theater & goes straight to DVD? Harsh perhaps, but it is what it is. 

Yeah, I know sports TV is made for controversial bullet points that grab the headlines. Brian's not a bad guy. But, on the plus side, if everybody claims you're doomed, there's nothing to be afraid of anymore right? 

There's a nice luxury in that mindset. 

It's all a trap.  The Colts have faked being so inept over the last couple months in a bid to make their opponents in the playoffs overlook them.  I mean, 1 yard rushing?  Allowing a QB to complete nearly 100% of his passes?  And his backup to do the same? No real team can pull that off without doing it intentionally.  It's taken me a while to see the tactics that Pags and Pep have been silently deploying the last six weeks, but I'm on to them.

Well played Pags and Pep, well played indeed.

Bengals will fall for our tactics, I just hope Pags remembers to tell the team that they can stop being inept.....

Doesn't matter . . . unlike college football, what the pundits say about you doesn't really matter.

I would counter with this. . . "Did he see who we are playing in the first round and which of their players appears likely to be out with a concussion."  

I'm not saying they can't pull it off but the Bengals never look good without AJ Green and are pretty thin at WR.  I believe without AJ Green their top WR was intended to be their WR#3 going into the season.  That's rough.  And this plays into our hands pretty well considering we have some pretty good CB's and they are all available to my knowledge.  Gives us a lot more ability to focus on the run.  

You mean like Brian's coaching career? 1 stop in Baltimore & done like a movie that skips the theater & goes straight to DVD? Harsh perhaps, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I know sports TV is made for controversial bullet points that grab the headlines. Brian's not a bad guy. But, on the plus side, if everybody claims you're doomed, there's nothing to be afraid of anymore right?

There's a nice luxury in that mindset.

I like that SW1. We have nothing to fear!

It's all a trap.  The Colts have faked being so inept over the last couple months in a bid to make their opponents in the playoffs overlook them.  I mean, 1 yard rushing?  Allowing a QB to complete nearly 100% of his passes?  And his backup to do the same? No real team can pull that off without doing it intentionally.  It's taken me a while to see the tactics that Pags and Pep have been silently deploying the last six weeks, but I'm on to them.

Well played Pags and Pep, well played indeed.

Bengals will fall for our tactics, I just hope Pags remembers to tell the team that they can stop being inept.....

Now all this "sticking to the process" talk makes sense!!!!111!

By the way....I still like Billick....and he analyzes the game very well. :thmup:

Oh yes, he's a smart, articulate fella for sure. I've always liked him. Both as a coach and an analyst. I believe his departure from coaching without return is two-fold;

1) He's too intellectual to continue to ravage his personal life as a coach.

2) He's good at being an analyst, and he enjoys it. 

"Not For Long" only applies to the realm of the NFL within this context. Toward being an analyst, he's set and can someday retire comfortably, no need to move around constantly, no need to work 16 hours days for weeks at a time with no break. 

He's a man I respect and admire very much, and unlike some analysts (Rodney Harrison and Deon Sanders, for example), he doesn't espouse opinions about a team based on personal beefs. 

You gotta realize that half of what these talking heads say is not even their own thoughts about teams. For all we know, Billick could just be saying what some writer is telling him to say. Skip Bayless is a prime example of this.

Nah.  Billick has real opinions and a big ego.  What does a former Super Bowl winning coach who KNOWS football want to have anything to do with a writer or someone asking important questions like:  "How do you feel about this win?"  :)

You gotta realize that half of what these talking heads say is not even their own thoughts about teams. For all we know, Billick could just be saying what some writer is telling him to say. Skip Bayless is a prime example of this.

Comparing Billick to Bayless is like comparing Neil Degrasse Tyson to the TV character Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. 

One is an esteemed intellectual, the other is fake. 

Nah.  Billick has real opinions and a big ego.  What does a former Super Bowl winning coach who KNOWS football want to have anything to do with a writer or someone asking important questions like:  "How do you feel about this win?"   :)

Because he is in the media now. They are instructed to give viewpoints based on what's going on. Why do you think they'll have two former players/coaches up there on TV talking about a particular matchup with one person ALWAYS taking the opposite team? Almost all of it is scripted. Same logic applies to website writing.

Now, I'm sure Billick does give his own insight on certain topics. You just can't know for sure which is which sometimes.

Comparing Billick to Bayless is like comparing Neil Degrasse Tyson to the TV character Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. 

One is an esteemed intellectual, the other is fake. 

As much as I can't stand Skip Bayless, he does have the credentials in terms of being a writer with his history in Dallas and other places. I agree that he is more of a puppet now than anything but he "qualified" to be in the position he is in.

Because he is in the media now. They are instructed to give viewpoints based on what's going on. Why do you think they'll have two former players/coaches up there on TV talking about a particular matchup with one person ALWAYS taking the opposite team? Almost all of it is scripted. Same logic applies to website writing.

Now, I'm sure Billick does give his own insight on certain topics. You just can't know for sure which is which sometimes.

These are positions of his own, not written down.  They practice before hand to make sure everything is politically correct, but I think you are confusing writers and former head coaches ability to analyze.  

I am not slamming you.  I was a football player, and I was a journalism major at IU.  My experiences from playing can tell a story the likes of just a journalist/writer cannot.  Two totally different jobs.

These are positions of his own, not written down.  They practice before hand to make sure everything is politically correct, but I think you are confusing writers and former head coaches ability to analyze.  

I am not slamming you.  I was a football player, and I was a journalism major at IU.  My experiences from playing can tell a story the likes of just a journalist/writer cannot.  Two totally different jobs.

I'm not confusing that at all. I'm merely stating that the position he or other people in the media take may not always be what they actually think or feel. I'm not saying it isn't logical by any means. I'm just saying that it may not be what they really think.

I'm not confusing that at all. I'm merely stating that the position he or other people in the media take may not always be what they actually think or feel. I'm not saying it isn't logical by any means. I'm just saying that it may not be what they really think.

Billick would not have signed on knowing he was a puppet.  I totally disagree with your viewpoint, but that is fine.  We all have opinions here.  :)  Carry on.

As much as I can't stand Skip Bayless, he does have the credentials in terms of being a writer with his history in Dallas and other places. I agree that he is more of a puppet now than anything but he "qualified" to be in the position he is in.

He is nothing more than a TV character, fictional. Whatever it is that he wanted his career to represent, whatever it is he's done in his career beforehand, he has become nothing more than a fictional TV character with no more merit than the stuttering ramblings of Porky Pig. 

At least I wish he was a cartoon character. That way, someone could shove dynamite in his britches and blow his mouth to the back of his head without me feeling guilty about the explosion. 

He is nothing more than a TV character, fictional. Whatever it is that he wanted his career to represent, whatever it is he's done in his career beforehand, he has become nothing more than a fictional TV character with no more merit than the stuttering ramblings of Porky Pig. 

At least I wish he was a cartoon character. That way, someone could shove dynamite in his britches and blow his mouth to the back of his head without me feeling guilty about the explosion. 

What's on the side of that wooden box?  Looks like Acme.  There goes the RoadRunner.  Oops!  Skip is foiled again.  Would make a great cartoon.  I miss those Acme days....

What's on the side of that wooden box?  Looks like Acme.  There goes the RoadRunner.  Oops!  Skip is foiled again.  Would make a great cartoon.  I miss those Acme days....

Weren't those days awesome? Waking up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning to watch cartoons, led off by Looney Tunes. 

He has to pick someone to win. Please tell me we aren't going to get bat ears and make a tread just because someone picks against us.

My cousin just got out of prison and he says the colts have no chance this Sunday. 

Let's discuss.....or should I start a seperate thread?

Other than Jeff Saturday, does INDY have any other loyal football broadcasters giving us a thumbs up victory this weekend? I doubt it. What's Shannon Sharpe think? He never minces words & I rarely see him on NFL CBS anymore on Sundays...

I think Rodney Harrison likes the Colts.