Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Donald Brown Gets 20 Carrries?

oldunclemark

That is a fact, he's a more durable back and is much better when it comes to running the ball. the colts are above avg because the Oline is doing their job the leader for the colts is brown with 4.4avg... brown is not only the better RB but he's much more able to break open the big ones if given the chance, less than 16 carries just doesnt cut it.

All you have is that he is a more durable back, but you can't say that he is better at running the ball. Look at the stats over the past couple of years, Joseph Addai's have been better, namely the yards per carry.

What if my man Donald Brown got 20 carries this week at Baltimore.?

There's always some reason..

We always throw 30 times or Caldwell wants to spread the ball around..

In college..Brown was a workhorse and he led the NATION in rushing

(this nation, not Canada)

I think 20 carries would be 100 yards..

....ESPN would be running his highlights in a 15-minute loop

...on the NFL Network Deion Sanders would be saying 'Pay the man'

....On Monday, Skip Bayless would be saying there's a rift between Brown and Danny Orlovsky over control of the mighty Indy offense...

What if?

We could give 50 carries vs. the Ravens he's not getting to 100 yards vs. their D. That's not disrespect to Brown either that's respect to the Ravens run D.

I agree with the idea of running the ball more and I think we have seen more of an effort in that department as the season has gone on and frankly Brown has finally shown signs of turning into the guy we thought we saw when we drafted him. With that said the Colts tend to get down big early and that makes it hard to run the ball. Once we get a QB again that makes other teams respect our passing game I think we are going to see our running game explode. There has been a real effort to get better run blocking o-lineman this year and it's starting to pay off. Now we just need a passing game and I think against most teams our ground game is going to be really good.

With that said this is the Ravens, no one runs on the Ravens. That doesn't mean the Colts shouldn't try though.

So your saying Addai would get far more than 4+ yards per carry? That's real smart considering that Addai was the only player who could run behind last years O-line before they learned how to run block at the end of the season. And lots of NFL players leave there feet...

And you say that Brown may make a cut? One of Brown's problems throughtout his career has been hesitation.

Yeah, pretty much. Brown plants and cuts. Addai loses a step dancing. I have seats in the end zone, and I can't begin to tell you how many holes Addai has flat out missed.

Now I'm not saying this is better than that, I'm right, you're wrong, not drawing any conclusions. What I am doing is just telling you what I see. I'ts just FYI.

When NFL players leave their feet it's either because they've been beat on defense and launch to hit, or they are trying to spear someone. It's poor sprotsmanship and totally not it the spirit of the game. On offense, they lose a step and are subject to no gain if someone even touches them while in the air. No traction up there.

All you have is that he is a more durable back, but you can't say that he is better at running the ball. Look at the stats over the past couple of years, Joseph Addai's have been better, namely the yards per carry.

In the previous years brown didnt have much chances except for the 2010 season, brown is only getting better and i wouldnt be surprised if brown scored another running TD in this game.

Well, he averaged around 3 yards per carry on 9 attempts. But against the Ravens that hardly comes as a surprise. I'm just glad he's had a chance to shine this year. I couldn't believe all the people labeling him a bust, when he never had the benefit of an offensive line that could block. I always thought he had the potential to be a very good back, maybe the Colts' best back.

Raven are a good run defense doesnt matter if he gets 30 carries he wont see 100 yds, DB has played a tad bit better this year but still with our defensive philosophy of Soft coverage every play, we will be down by 14 so fast DB wont get a chance to carry the ball 20 or more times.

True words, Rich... True words.