Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Donald Brown Gets 20 Carrries?

oldunclemark

What if my man Donald Brown got 20 carries this week at Baltimore.?

There's always some reason..

We always throw 30 times or Caldwell wants to spread the ball around..

In college..Brown was a workhorse and he led the NATION in rushing

(this nation, not Canada)

I think 20 carries would be 100 yards..

....ESPN would be running his highlights in a 15-minute loop

...on the NFL Network Deion Sanders would be saying 'Pay the man'

....On Monday, Skip Bayless would be saying there's a rift between Brown and Danny Orlovsky over control of the mighty Indy offense...

What if?

Raven are a good run defense doesnt matter if he gets 30 carries he wont see 100 yds, DB has played a tad bit better this year but still with our defensive philosophy of Soft coverage every play, we will be down by 14 so fast DB wont get a chance to carry the ball 20 or more times.

Raven are a good run defense doesnt matter if he gets 30 carries he wont see 100 yds, DB has played a tad bit better this year but still with our defensive philosophy of Soft coverage every play, we will be down by 14 so fast DB wont get a chance to carry the ball 20 or more times.

You make a good point...about us probably being down 14...quick

...so you're not saying that Baltimore will be 'Danny O'd' and we'll need the ground game to kill the clock with our second half lead??

we have the tall task of stopping rice. flacco not such a big threat, but any qb will do good with open receivers like last week.

if we can keep driving like we did last week, and cap off with points, be in with a shot, keeping the D off the field. Im not so sure the ravens will blitz more, maybe even play back at cb a little, and drop out lbs more, as we really havent got the middle game going, its always after the play develops a little, not too many throws over the middle. thats interception alley with the ravens. so maybe the running game with fullback will open up a bit, and put some pass coverage doubt into those linebackers heads.

The Ravens are very difficult to run on, but I do think this team needs to keep running the ball throughout the game. To succeed without Manning this team needs a more balanced offense. This should have been the approach earlier in the season and it would have built the confidence of the running backs and offensive line for blocking the line. Our run game hasn't been bad, especially with Donald Brown lately, unfortunately this team gets behind and gives up on the run after the first half. If this is a close game there is no reason Brown shouldn't get 20+ carries.

I think donald brown will get 20 carries this game, the ravens are that good of a defense which is why the colts will want to keep it on the ground unless they start getting dominated.. the lack of ray lewis could factor in it as well though haloti is a beast in the middle.

Hmm....Donald Brown + the O line vs Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody and the rest of the ravens D-line....I think after 10 carries Donald would tell Dan "Stop running the ball."

We ran the ball really well against the Steelers. That's back when we thought we had a reasonable chance of winning a game here and there.

The colts fare well against teams that are pretty good when it comes to stopping the run and they always come out the game with a good running avg.... your defense is only as good as your MLB and lewis wont be playing so that could fare well for the colts.

Are you getting Donald Brown and Joseph Addai mixed up? Addai is our best runningback so he would probably do better than Brown.

Just like he did better in the Pats game right? joseph addai is like a 65yr old guy in basic training... chances of him finishing games are slim they should just stick him on IR and stop giving him browns carries.

Are you getting Donald Brown and Joseph Addai mixed up? Addai is our best runningback so he would probably do better than Brown.

No...Brown sprints to the hole. Addai dances, leaves his feet (both feet off the ground) before he even starts toward the hole.

Just like he did better in the Pats game right? joseph addai is like a 65yr old guy in basic training... chances of him finishing games are slim they should just stick him on IR and stop giving him browns carries.

Who played better against the Patriots? I'm pretty sure Joseph Addai had a higher yards per carry than Donald Brown so what's your point?

Why don't we all just be friends and let each runningback carry the ball and run the ball more as a team... Joseph Addai, then Donald Brown, then Delone Carter, it can work.

And why isn't Delone Carter getting the goaline and short yardage carries anymore? I know he has had fumbling issues lately, but I trust him with getting a few carries a game, he is a good runningback who just needs to learn to hold onto the ball.

Why don't we all just be friends and let each runningback carry the ball and run the ball more as a team... Joseph Addai, then Donald Brown, then Delone Carter, it can work.

And why isn't Delone Carter getting the goaline and short yardage carries anymore? I know he has had fumbling issues lately, but I trust him with getting a few carries a game, he is a good runningback who just needs to learn to hold onto the ball.

Delone wont be getting anything. He has FUMBLITIS & it would be just our luck to give him the goaline carries and he fumble down there. We already struggling to even get in the redzone and then he fumbles. ILL PASS!

Yeah you've got them mixed up still, Brown still dances and who cares if Addai does, it works for him.

Wrong. Brown may make a cut, but he does not do the 'Addai Dance Step'.....Addai would get far better yardage if he did not leave his feet.....(6th grade football, never leave your feet).

Delone wont be getting anything. He has FUMBLITIS & it would be just our luck to give him the goaline carries and he fumble down there. We already struggling to even get in the redzone and then he fumbles. ILL PASS!

He fumbled on the goal line vs Carolina ! ! !

Who played better against the Patriots? I'm pretty sure Joseph Addai had a higher yards per carry than Donald Brown so what's your point?

the difference between the two is addai 3.0yd avg while brown had 2.9yd avg..... wow thats a massive difference lol... you have no point. If addai was in on the play where donald went outside for the TD i can gurantee you that play would have been either no gain or negative yds. addai is horrible when predicting when to take the ball on the outside instead of taking it on the inside.

the difference between the two is addai 3.0yd avg while brown had 2.9yd avg..... wow thats a massive difference lol... you have no point. If addai was in on the play where donald went outside for the TD i can gurantee you that play would have been either no gain or negative yds. addai is horrible when predicting when to take the ball on the outside instead of taking it on the inside.

If Brown is so much better than Addai, then how come he averaged 2.9 yards per carry against the Patiots with 1 more carry? You don't even know what your talking about.

Wrong. Brown may make a cut, but he does not do the 'Addai Dance Step'.....Addai would get far better yardage if he did not leave his feet.....(6th grade football, never leave your feet).

So your saying Addai would get far more than 4+ yards per carry? That's real smart considering that Addai was the only player who could run behind last years O-line before they learned how to run block at the end of the season. And lots of NFL players leave there feet...

And you say that Brown may make a cut? One of Brown's problems throughtout his career has been hesitation.

If Brown is so much better than Addai, then how come he averaged 2.9 yards per carry against the Patiots with 1 more carry? You don't even know what your talking about.

Because he knows how to find the endzone thats why.. if brown was the starter of the colts would be much better off at RB, addai is an injury riddled RB who's best attribute was pass blocking. they should have just gave addai's carries to donald brown.. this whole committee back thing isnt working especially when you starter doesnt even deserve to be the starter right now.

Because he knows how to find the endzone thats why.. if brown was the starter of the colts would be much better off at RB, addai is an injury riddled RB who's best attribute was pass blocking. they should have just gave addai's carries to donald brown.. this whole committee back thing isnt working especially when you starter doesnt even deserve to be the starter right now.

Could you back up your statements instead of proclaiming that Brown is better? And what do you mean it's not working we have an above average yards per carry as a team compared to the rest of the NFL.

Could you back up your statements instead of proclaiming that Brown is better? And what do you mean it's not working we have an above average yards per carry as a team compared to the rest of the NFL.

That is a fact, he's a more durable back and is much better when it comes to running the ball. the colts are above avg because the Oline is doing their job the leader for the colts is brown with 4.4avg... brown is not only the better RB but he's much more able to break open the big ones if given the chance, less than 16 carries just doesnt cut it.