Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10,000 tickets remain for the Wildcard game

peytonmanning18

According to some, your brother is a bad fan because he only goes to 4 games a year, instead of 8. 

Just ridiculous...

I know. My brother does extra work all year as to be able just to buy the seasons tickets. Cuts grass, shovels snow and anything else he can do that he is able to go to the 4 games he does go to. Your comment about being ridiculous is spot on. There are very few fans that would do what he does just to get to see those four games live.

I know. My brother does extra work all year as to be able just to buy the seasons tickets. Cuts grass, shovels snow and anything else he can do that he is able to go to the 4 games he does go to. Your comment about being ridiculous is spot on. There are very few fans that would do what he does just to get to see those four games live.

Heck I skimp and save to go to one.  I splurged last year and went to two just so I could experience the playoffs.  BTW the other game I went to last year was the Seahawks game so I got my money's worth last year!

Ha luckily we are playing either Cincinnati or Pittsburgh or this game would end up being blacked out.  Going to be a ton of opposing fans regardless of who it is.  Nice work season ticket holder

This isn't a great sports town. Fans show up depending on record. It's embarrassing but it is what it is. 

Oddly enough, my boss went to the Titans game today and said it was nearly half Colts fans. You could hear it on TV. I heard a nice BOOOOM when Herron had that nice run. Lots of fans down there bc of Manning/UT, plus it's only a 5 hour drive and lots of people are off for the holidays.

Lots of Colts fans like that road trip.  Nashville is a great town

If you're referring to the 2007 AFCCG, I beg to differ, I worked security that game and there was thousands of pats fans. And surprisingly we had little trouble with them until a group pof about 20 decided to try to flip over the NBC broadcast van post game.

I.attended that game. Of course, Pats fans were present, but it wasn't anything like when the Chiefs or Steelers came here for the playoffs.

I went to last year's playoff game and it was an absolute disgrace with how many Chiefs fans were there.

People need to understand that Indiana fan's as a whole are very fickle when it comes to their sports teams. Even when a team is winning, they still may not show up to playoff games (has happened with both the Colts and Pacers over the years).

Even within the last year or so when the Indiana Pacers had a top-tier team, opposing fans would continuously be at Banker's Life Fieldhouse in numbers (mainly when they played the Heat or Bulls). I remember George Hill, whom is a local product, calling out fans for not showing up but later rescinded when he realized what a lot of people have realized. Indiana fans just don't lineup and support their sports teams the way they used to.

Ask people locally on the street and a lot of them who will claim to be Colts fans will tell you that majority of their fandom had to do with Peyton Manning. Once he left, a lot of Colts fans still supported the team, but the enthusiasm in which they did it with seemed to taper off. All of this in spite of the fact that the Colts continue to win and make the playoffs.

I love Indiana, it's where I've grown up and have lived my entire life. Unfortunately, the fans that reside here just aren't enthusiastic about their sports teams the way other cities are. Small market or not.

Hopefully that'll change someday.

Have we forgotten the Packers had trouble selling out a playoff game last season? I've been to watch the Colts in at least 8 other cities, and there have always been a lot of Colts fans. NFL fans travel well, especially for the playoffs. It shouldn't be used an an indictment of the fanbase to see lots of opposing team fans in the stadium.

I was hoping the new option for postseason tickets would help sales this year.  In the past, we had to pay for two games in advance as season ticket holders.  That is pretty rough when the playoff tickets cost more than 70% of the cost of season tickets.  Now that we have a pay as you go option, it is much easier to deal with.  Those of us that chose that option got charged for only the first game last week.

I'm a season ticket holder. In my opinion a couple of things are going on here. First Season tickets are expensive as are playoff tickets. The price of your seat goes up for the playoffs, Just look at a ticket for the Super Bowl compared to a regular season ticket for a home game, and what I'm talking about is how much the price of the ticket goes up. The next thing is that the season ticket holder have an option to buy or let someone else buy their seat for the playoffs, a lot of times Season ticket holders do not buy for the playoffs because of the dollars needed. I do not think you can blame season ticket holders for 10,000 tickets going on sale The blame should go somewhat on the public who now have the ability to by available tickets and are not  and to the team for putting out the inconsistent team this year and causing people to not really get behind the team. No matter how you look at it is that it is for 10 games and a playoff game and a lot of cash for a team that is not playing well at this point for the playoffs and I think that affects a lot more teams than just the Colts.  Lets also wait until later in the week to determine if there is more orange than blue

I'm a season ticket holder. In my opinion a couple of things are going on here. First Season tickets are expensive as are playoff tickets. The price of your seat goes up for the playoffs, Just look at a ticket for the Super Bowl compared to a regular season ticket for a home game, and what I'm talking about is how much the price of the ticket goes up. The next thing is that the season ticket holder have an option to buy or let someone else buy their seat for the playoffs, a lot of times Season ticket holders do not buy for the playoffs because of the dollars needed. I do not think you can blame season ticket holders for 10,000 tickets going on sale The blame should go somewhat on the public who now have the ability to by available tickets and are not  and to the team for putting out the inconsistent team this year and causing people to not really get behind the team. No matter how you look at it is that it is for 10 games and a playoff game and a lot of cash for a team that is not playing well at this point for the playoffs and I think that affects a lot more teams than just the Colts.  Lets also wait until later in the week to determine if there is more orange than blue

Totally disagree with comment do not buy season tickets if you do not want to buy playoff tickets because you don t like the product put on the field, I live in naples Fl and came all the way up their  this season to watch a game paid good money got good seats and was satisfied in cheering and backing up the team that is what a fan does, I am a colts supporter Peyton is gone so people need to get over it and start supporting the team we have now, Yes I was the first to vent on some of the bad decisions this season but it did not stop me from supporting the team

Lots of Colts fans like that road trip.  Nashville is a great town

I remain proud of how well Indy fans travel as a whole. Every game, you see a decent amount of Colts' blue in the stands. Tennessee is usually the highest percentage because of ease of drive 4-5 hours from Central Indiana and a fair amount of TN-based fans because of Manning. I've been to +/- 8 Colts @ Jags games and can remember 2 games where there were easily 10K Colts' fans in Jacksonville's stands.

By no means up there with Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and KC (best three traveling fanbases) but I'm proud of our fans.

This isn't a great sports town. Fans show up depending on record. It's embarrassing but it is what it is.

I respectfully disagree. We're a great sports town. I say, America's Sports Capital, even. No one does events like us. I respectfully see your point if you're talking about an occasional issue with attendance at Pacers/Colts games when the team is down, etc. I don't like fickle fans either. But the game will absolutely sell out. Like ANY NFL city, there will be a few thousand opposing team fans at our home playoff game. Cincy being 95 minutes away makes it even more true.

Totally disagree with comment do not buy season tickets if you do not want to buy playoff tickets because you don t like the product put on the field, I live in naples Fl and came all the way up their this season to watch a game paid good money got good seats and was satisfied in cheering and backing up the team that is what a fan does, I am a colts supporter Peyton is gone so people need to get over it and start supporting the team we have now, Yes I was the first to vent on some of the bad decisions this season but it did not stop me from supporting the team

Who are you to tell people how to spend their money? Do you have playoff tickets?

This is why I hate this topic. People are fans for different reasons, and have different circumstances. Judging other people for how they choose or are able to spend their money is ludicrous. 

I agree. And not knowing the difference between 7 days and 14 days is also ludicrous!

Who are you to tell people how to spend their money? Do you have playoff tickets?

Excuse me if I have offended you, I never said anybody had to buy playoff tickets if they had season tickets, People can do whatever they want and I do not attempt to judge people, Read the whole Article people should buy playoff tickets to support their team if they choose.  If you are a season ticket holder good for you or anyone else here, I was just saying the colts are in the playoffs and for someone to say I do not wish to buy playoff tickets because they put a bad product on the field is wrong the colts are 11 and 5 and are in the playoffs its a new season 

I didn't say it would be a big deal. I know the Steelers travel well. And with the kind of poopy ending to this Colts season I can see a lot of visiting fans. Obviously more for the Steelers for the reasons you stated. Less so for Cincy. This city still amazes me. Even with the not so great ending to the season: We have had 3 straight 11-5 seasons, only 2 losing seasons since 1999, a Super Bowl win and another appearance, and constant years of 10+ wins. Yet we still have situations like this. You don't see this in KC or other big football cities. I know the Colts haven't been here for 60-70+ years like the Steelers or Bears have in their cities, but after 30 years (15 of them winning football) you would think the culture has changed. I am glad to see we sell out every game now unlike the 80s and 90s, but we have a long way to go

Meh, the packers have some of the best fans out there and they needed an extension last yr to sell all their playoff tickets.

I don't know why some Colts fans have such a complex about the quality of other fans.

Just throwing this out there....

I realize this isn't exactly a true representation of fan loyalty with tickets and going to games but on NFL ticket exchange, as of right now, available tickets for the next playoff game:

Colts 4200

Seahawks 4300

Cowboys 6500

Steelers 2500

So it's not just Colts fans dumping tickets.

Excuse me if I have offended you, I never said anybody had to buy playoff tickets if they had season tickets, People can do whatever they want and I do not attempt to judge people, Read the whole Article people should buy playoff tickets to support their team if they choose.  If you are a season ticket holder good for you or anyone else here, I was just saying the colts are in the playoffs and for someone to say I do not wish to buy playoff tickets because they put a bad product on the field is wrong the colts are 11 and 5 and are in the playoffs its a new season 

I think the issue is that it's not up to you or me or anyone else to decide what's wrong with regard to someone else deciding whether or not to buy playoff tickets. I don't agree with people who say that the product is bad; it's not. But if someone disapproves of the direction of the team, it's their prerogative. If they don't want to spend the money, that's their prerogative. If they don't have the money or can't budget the extra expense, then it's particularly insensitive to make issue of this. None of this makes anyone a bad fan.