Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10,000 tickets remain for the Wildcard game

peytonmanning18

Yeah there will be a decently large showing from opposing fans. Especially if it's Pittsburgh.

There usually is for playoff games.  Our season tickets holders like the "status" of being a season ticket holder but don't really like football so won't go to a playoff game.  I've been to playoff games that were almost as loud when we had the ball as it was when the opposing team had it.  1999 vs Tennessee, 2005 against Pittsburgh, 2006 against KC we are ridiculous.  

There usually is for playoff games.  Our season tickets holders like the "status" of being a season ticket holder but don't really like football so won't go to a playoff game.  I've been to playoff games that were almost as loud when we had the ball as it was when the opposing team had it.  1999 vs Tennessee, 2005 against Pittsburgh, 2006 against KC we are ridiculous.  

Wow.  Do you hear yourself when you type stuff like that?

Amazing.

There usually is for playoff games. Our season tickets holders like the "status" of being a season ticket holder but don't really like football so won't go to a playoff game. I've been to playoff games that were almost as loud when we had the ball as it was when the opposing team had it. 1999 vs Tennessee, 2005 against Pittsburgh, 2006 against KC we are ridiculous.

Not close to accurate

I think you are overstating things, particularly the KC and Pitt games.  

How else do you explain it when a stadium is sold out with season tickets but has close to 20,000 tickets available for a playoff game?

because it is never sold out just with season ticket holders. That's why single game tickets go on sale in the summer. Do some research before shooting off with nonsense

Well there's 10K left, I'm sure there was more when they went on sale 2 weeks ago.  Maybe not 20k but I bet they've sold a few thousand since then.

I assume you saw the 10K # somewhere so that sounds reasonable.  Your attempt to explain the 20K number sounds completely unreasonable and the stuff of someone trying to dig out from their words.

I have to agree it's disappointing that more season ticket holders didn't renew their seats for the postseason. But playoff games will always draw a significant number of opposing team fans. A lot of season tickets are owned by brokers (this is true in ALL markets), and playoff games have more interest. Chiefs fans did show up in impressive numbers to the Dome in January 2007, which was indicative of fan expectations at that time, based on performance at the end of the season (sound familiar?). Pats fans weren't that noticeable at the AFCCG, however.

I was at the 2007 Chiefs game. There was a decent Chiefs continent but nothing like 1999, when the Dome was half Titans fans. But that was early on before fans became spoiled. If Pittsburgh comes to Indy there will be a very large Steelers crowd. Cincy, probably a decent crowd bc of proximity...but given their playoff woes of late it won't be near what the Steelers will bring in terms of fans.

Oddly enough, my boss went to the Titans game today and said it was nearly half Colts fans. You could hear it on TV. I heard a nice BOOOOM when Herron had that nice run. Lots of fans down there bc of Manning/UT, plus it's only a 5 hour drive and lots of people are off for the holidays.

I was at the 2007 Chiefs game. There was a decent Chiefs continent but nothing like 1999, when the Dome was half Titans fans. But that was early on before fans became spoiled. If Pittsburgh comes to Indy there will be a very large Steelers crowd. Cincy, probably a decent crowd bc of proximity...but given their playoff woes of late it won't be near what the Steelers will bring in terms of fans.

Steelers have the best traveling fans in the league, plus a lot of fans in other cities.  

I don't know why it's such a big deal.  Playoff games always have a lot of opposing fans.  

I have to agree it's disappointing that more season ticket holders didn't renew their seats for the postseason. But playoff games will always draw a significant number of opposing team fans. A lot of season tickets are owned by brokers (this is true in ALL markets), and playoff games have more interest. Chiefs fans did show up in impressive numbers to the Dome in January 2007, which was indicative of fan expectations at that time, based on performance at the end of the season (sound familiar?). Pats fans weren't that noticeable at the AFCCG, however.

If you're referring to the 2007 AFCCG, I beg to differ, I worked security that game and there was thousands of pats fans. And surprisingly we had little trouble with them until a group pof about 20 decided to try to flip over the NBC broadcast van post game.

Steelers have the best traveling fans in the league, plus a lot of fans in other cities.

I don't know why it's such a big deal. Playoff games always have a lot of opposing fans.

I didn't say it would be a big deal. I know the Steelers travel well. And with the kind of poopy ending to this Colts season I can see a lot of visiting fans. Obviously more for the Steelers for the reasons you stated. Less so for Cincy. This city still amazes me. Even with the not so great ending to the season: We have had 3 straight 11-5 seasons, only 2 losing seasons since 1999, a Super Bowl win and another appearance, and constant years of 10+ wins. Yet we still have situations like this. You don't see this in KC or other big football cities. I know the Colts haven't been here for 60-70+ years like the Steelers or Bears have in their cities, but after 30 years (15 of them winning football) you would think the culture has changed. I am glad to see we sell out every game now unlike the 80s and 90s, but we have a long way to go

True. Some over looked the fact that some season ticket holders sell there seats to help pay for the high cost of season tickets. My brother buys a season ticket every year when he really struggles with the cost. He picks the four games he wants to go to and sells the other four. He can get real good money back on a playoff ticket if he chooses to.

I didn't say it would be a big deal. I know the Steelers travel well. And with the kind of poopy ending to this Colts season I can see a lot of visiting fans. Obviously more for the Steelers for the reasons you stated. Less so for Cincy. This city still amazes me. Even with the not so great ending to the season: We have had 3 straight 11-5 seasons, only 2 losing seasons since 1999, a Super Bowl win and another appearance, and constant years of 10+ wins. Yet we still have situations like this. You don't see this in KC or other big football cities. I know the Colts haven't been here for 60-70+ years like the Steelers or Bears have in their cities, but after 30 years (15 of them winning football) you would think the culture has changed. I am glad to see we sell out every game now unlike the 80s and 90s, but we have a long way to go

Yes you do. Every home playoff team has tickets available right now. And there's little question that every game will sell out within the next few days.

People made this same complaint last year before the KC game, and the Packers had just as many tickets available as the Colts did. It's really not a big deal. 

True. Some over looked the fact that some season ticket holders sell there seats to help pay for the high cost of season tickets. My brother buys a season ticket every year when he really struggles with the cost. He picks the four games he wants to go to and sells the other four. He can get real good money back on a playoff ticket if he chooses to.

According to some, your brother is a bad fan because he only goes to 4 games a year, instead of 8. 

Just ridiculous...

I went to the playoff game last year what an amazing experience.  I wont be able to attend this year, some nonsense about work, but if you have a chance to get a ticket I would strongly encourage it.  Playoff football is something all fans should be lucky enough to get to experience in their lives. 

I went to the playoff game last year what an amazing experience.  I wont be able to attend this year, some nonsense about work, but if you have a chance to get a ticket I would strongly encourage it.  Playoff football is something all fans should be lucky enough to get to experience in their lives. 

What kind of real Colts fan works during a playoff weekend?

/sarcasm